Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Ok ok, Nessie - just when I think I'm busy, you beat me hands down. Bless you. And I'm going to give up telling you to take it easy.

What about a Duatholon?
  • Hi Fran - ive been looking at that butut also theres a 100k (approx 60 miles sooooooo 1 mile for each of my life years next May )and i know im slow but this one can be walked or jogged or run!!!!

LOL im lying on couch now with dog on lap having just finished glass of wine and salmon and pasta and just really wondering if i have lost my mind!!!!

Also today hubby sent me off to pick up bike wheel for him - wasted 45 mins getting through road works to find shop shut!!

Ness x
  • Blimey dogs just had shortest walk ever!!!! Sun was shining so i dragged myself off couch as we decided to take them to a nice field for pup to have a little romp. Well when we got into field the sun just shot behindcthe blackest cloud i have ever seen and THE HEAVENS OPENED!!!!

We got home all like drowned rats!!!! Washing machine on again ! Me showered again- roobs rubbed dry - oscar in his bed and im back on the couch watching the swimming

Night all ness x
  • Night Ness x

Evening all! Exciting news - I've got a new job!!!

It's working for Network Rail heading up a team looking after all their major infrastructure projects in the region image

Still based in Cardiff but a train commute instead of a drive (naturally).

12 days left with current Employer, 16 days off on hols then start 3rd Sept!

• Kev that great news well done mate image

• Nessie, what a life you lead, if a producer wanted a script for a soap opera he couldnt write a better one than your life!!!!! You may think you are slow but compared to some you would probably beat them hands down. Anyway, speed doesnt matter in the events you are talking about, its all about stamina and guts and you have them both!!!!!!

Kev, congratulation mate, thats great news, I suppose it means free train travel as well????

Toby, still plodding away until that cold has totally left you? Well don on getting out, its always a bonus even if you only step out the door!!!!

Well I did 6.2 very wet miles tonight, only just drying out!!!!! 1:01 with some slow runners but I am not concerned, its mileage that counts at the moment!!!! Next run should be Saturday and I am intending to try 8 miles!!!!!!!

• Well my try a gentle 8 miler today as i am not feeling to bad now and the cold seems to have all but gone

• the 8 mile not going to happen today now as i over slept so will do it tomorrow as i have the house to myself wife of to London to meet up with the daughter and my son will be working

• Wet miles for me too, Seejay.

Bit of a psychological victory for me last night.

My training plan was a drop down to 14 miles for my LSR. I wanted to do the run yesterday to free up my weekend Olympic viewing, but my ankle was very sore, and I just seemed to be so busy all day. So I gave myself a KITA, got kitted up to meet the Monday group for their Friday 7 miler, after setting the TV for the cycling.

Met up with the group and set off with a good pace, and after 4 miles felt good enough to carry on so ran off on my own. It absolutely poured down. At one stage I stopped to pack way my headphones, stopping under a canopy only to find it was the Working Men's Club and I was choked by their fags. Ran on and as I was short of my 14, chose to run the last 2 miles up a very steep hill even though I was getting very uncomfortable. I got back at 9pm, literally squelching, and had to exercise great self control, when it became obvious that OH wasn't even slightly concerned why I was so late, then said who'd won the Keirin and Pursuit. Men! Can't live with them......
  • TownerTowner ✭✭✭

morning all, had a very lazy week as im racing tomorrow.....my favourite part of training today....Carb loading! image

have a good weekend you lot! image

• SeeJay wrote (see)

Kev, congratulation mate, thats great news, I suppose it means free train travel as well????

Thanks Seejay - 75% off.

• Afternoon all    

Well managed to finally kick myself out the door this afternoon 8 miles done and have to say it was a struggle whole run took 1:18:06 with an Avg pace of 9:33 m/m and looking back it’s a whole 2 minutes slower than i ran it a couple of weeks ago and 4 minutes slower than 4 weeks ago

Though looking closer it funny i have 2 good times then a slow run 2 good times and a slow one so in theory the next time i run that route  it  should be a good one will have to wait and see if the Patten continues

• Toby, well done you managed to get out, it is sometimes very difficult if the forecast is rubbish to actually get out and run in the rain!!!!! We do have some funny training runs sometimes and I suppose if you took the time to analyse them all it would make very interesting reading!!!!

Ffran, I know excatly what you went through, when we went to leave the club I looked out and it was raining. This sudden dread came over me and I very nearly turned around and sat at the bar, luckily I thought better of it and ran. I couldnt believe I was doing it but even though my shoes, socks and feet where soaked through I was still dodging the puddles!!!!!!

Towner, been a while since i have had to do that, good luck mate, I hope the weather behaves itself!!!!!

Kev, thats nearly free!!!!!!!! image Must be great to know you can go anywhere in the UK for less than a pound!!!! Tickets are still that cheap arent they?????? image

Well I had a great run today, 8 miles in 1:15:09, its been a long time since I have done that distance and time!!! My left knee was quite uncomfortable for most of the run but glad to say I think it was the type of uncomfortable that you get when increasing your distance!!!!! Rest now until Tuesday and then slow club run!!!!

• Great run Seejay.

What a night for Team GB Athletics. Amazing. The 10,000m was a real race with lots of pushing, jostling etc. and a GB gold medal - well done Mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• You guys are going from strength to strength - well done everyone x

I ran monday, wednesday - did a pool workout thursday - hill reps friday and then its all gone pear shaped!!!!! Friday night i had a terrible tummy bug and its still carrying on. Ive got terrible head and every muscle and joint hurts!!!!

Some friends of mine and their friends all came down withis a few weeks ago and their children and the thing they all had in common was they had all been to the pool!!!!! So im wondering if this diarroeah is cos i was at the pool on thursday????

Soooooooo LSR wont be happening today

Infact the only running im doing is QFT ( quick fast trots ) to the loo!!!! LOL

So frustrating my running seems to be one step forward and twelve steps back !!!!

Still look on the brightside - even more weight lost now!!!

Take care everyone ang i hope u all steer clear of this bug!!!

Ttfn nessie x
  • nessie sorry to hear your not well but if the loos up stairs just think of all that hill training your getting in

• My apologies for not being on here for a while......I haven't been able to run since 24 July. My lovely wife passed onto me her mild cold, which then immediately turned into the dreaded man flu! No sooner had I recovered from that then I was rushed into hospital last Thursday to have my appendix removed! Back home now and slowly recovering. I've been signed off for 2 weeks but I'm sure I'll make it back to work before then.

The really disappointing part is that realisitcally, I can't see myself being fit enough to now run Bristol in September. I'm going to have to be sensible here and set my sights on a later half marathon. The main disappointment is that I was intending to run it for charity, but that will have to be postponed.

I really have no idea what the recovery timescale is, so I have no idea when I will be able to start training again. The only good thing that has come out of this is that when they were poking around inside, they found I had a hernia which has now been repaired. That's my excuse for my timings being down over the last few years and once I get back into the swing of things, I should be posting times of Mo Farah proportions!

I hope everyone else is fit and that you are all running well. Talk again soon!

• CB take care of yourself get well soon

• Sorry to hear that CB - get well soon. There will be plenty of other races, make sure you are right first.

• Ah CB poor you hope u make a swift recovery for your runs.

If time desnt matter could u still do bristol slowly so you can still do it for your charity???

Ness
  • Kev didnt mean to ignore you - congrats. I love train journeys my fav way to travel, i like to eat, drink , read, watch the scenery . And no worries about getting lost , wrong turns and other daft drivers like when youre on a road journey!!!!

Toby - no stairs here so all hill training outside on real hills LOL

Havent run or cycled yet today - may well go out shortly - just catching my breath with a quick cuppa, another busy day!!!

Ttfn nessie x
  • thanks Kev, there have been some heroic events by brits at the Olympics, good to see so many gold medals coming our way. I also find it amazing how many Brit silver and bronze medal winners apologising for being loosers!!!! To me anyone who makes it to the Olympics as an athlete can never be branded loosers!!!!

Nessie, poor you but yet you still have such a busy lifestyle even between trots to the loo!!!!! image Take some advice, forget about running until this has cleared, these things take so much energy out of you it can only do harm than good. Just rest, relax and drink plenty!!!

Chris, as I said on FB just take your time, let your body heal first before thinking of starting training again. Just like Nessie, these things can drain so much energy and you need time to rebuild that but also to let your inside heal. Some people only see the surface scars and think that once they have gone thats it but I am finding different. Your inside can take just as long or longer to recover. Anyway, we arent going anywhere so please feel free to call in and tell us how things are going!!!!

• Morning all

Well just 3 miles yesterday as i over slept the run took 26:29 with an Avg 8:44 m/m which i am really pleased with after Saturdays run if i wake up in time i my try something longer today

Am really proud of the wife she ran 7 miles yesterday that’s the furthest she ever run

• Thanks everyone for your kind messages, I appreciate them! image

SeeJay - I hear what you say abouut the recovery process. I looked yesterday into exercise after laparoscopic appendectomy and the concensus of opinion is that you can resume running after about 2 weeks, as long as you take it steady, which I intend to!

Ness, I will still run my next half for charity, that means a lot to me. Although I'm not looking for a time, I still want to be able to do the distance justice. Given that my longest recent run was 6 miles, by the time I get back to running I will have been out of action for just over 3 and a half weeks. Given that I need to take things really steady when I get back to it, I just don't think 6 weeks will be enough. I'm resigned to that now and I've planned my training accordingly. When I start again, my plan is to get in the best shape I can for a 10k at the end of November. I'd like to really try and break my PB, then I intend to increase the miles for Bath Half.  I know I said never again to that one, but as I'm running it for a local charity, it seems apt given that friends and family will want to come and support.

Hope you're all keeping well.

• Morning all

Have a rearranged dentist appointment Friday so decided to do my LSR yesterday to get it out the way so 10 miles done yesterday not the fastest i done that course in taking 1:40:53 Avg pace of 9:31 i seem to have lost all the speed i had

Though looking back it’s about the same time i was running when training for Brighton at the same stage of the training plan so perhaps there hope yet

• CB good thinking that sounds a sensible plan. Lots of luck for your recovery

Toby you are still going well this weather doesnt help. Do you note weather conditions- how youre feeling etc etc - so when u look at prev ious runs the times may be a bit different due to the conditions of that day??? (Just a thought)

In my training diary i have little symbols that i tick according to what the weather was like, sunny hot windy etc etc

First run this morn since friday and i must admit i did struggle i felt so weak and had to walk last half mile and it was soooooo humid. Think im still a bit dehydrated and tum not back to normal but at least i got out.

Onwards and upwards as they say (who ever 'they' are!!!!) LOL

Hope everyone else ok

Ness x
  • Hi all,

It has been very humid recently Ness.

Running wise I'm pleased that I'm getting a bit of routine / focus back in to my running. I have dug out my favourite running photo as motivation!

/members/images/518567/gallery/tayo.jpg

• Morning Kev (and anyone else lurking around here)! image

• TownerTowner ✭✭✭

morning everyone, raced the Trowbridge Triathlon on sunday, pb,d the swim by 3mins, punctured on the bike and lost nearly 7 minutes!...managed the run in 26mins (was a bit lumpy though!)....finished in the top half (20th in age group) so not too bad really.

image How do chris, hope you get sorted soon mate.

hope everyone else is doing ok.......summers backimageimage