Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Ffran - Congratulations!  imageimageimageimage

Blimey, there's so many pbs on this thread that I'm running out of champers, whistles and bells to celebrate with.  I'd better get training so I don't let the side down on my next race.  Luckily I don't know when that is yet, apart from Hellrunner but thats just about survival. 

Take it steady toby. 

• Sorry just got back

Well done SEEJAY, the Autumn is making up for the dissappointments early in the year

Fran, lovely to meet you on the run in Dublin, Fab PB for you and really sorry I did not see you after.  How can you possibly run Snowdon Saturday.

As for me 20 minute PB in 4.14.31, im buzzing but very very tired.  I hope I have exorcised my marathon ghost

• imageLBB - Wee Wow EE - what a fab time & amazing pb, I am so pleased for you - a big well done, you certainly deserve it & have  a very well earned rest

Nessie x

• LLB - OMG an amazing PB. You must be chuffed to bits. Very well done,  I am inspired by you guysimageimageimageimage
  • Nessie, I hope your legs recover ok, tell your hubby to leave that resistance adjuster alone or he can have a go on it!!!image Thanks for the good wishes, hopefully we will be celebrating all your pb's soon!!!!!

Thanks Tazi, sounds like a good run if not a little expensive, what else do you get for your money?

Ffran, did you manage to get round the Guiness factory for your free half pint??? image Good luck if you decide to do Snowdon, I would think twice if in normal training but after a marathon I think the entry would find its way to the bin very quick!!!

Toby, sounds like a good plan, I hope it works!!

Soup Dragon, too much champers is not good for you!!!!! image

LBB, that is an amazing time, I hope I can do as well as that, I think the demons are well and truly exorcised!!!! Quick question for you, what was your weekly mileage in the run up to Dublin?

• LBB - brilliant result -What a PB -  really well done. Lovely to have a face to a name, and  I can relate to that "buzz". At about mile 17 I was giving up marathons - declining my London place etc etc but when you finish, there's no feeling like it, don't you agree? Congratulate your better half on her PB too - was she with you in Dublin?

Stret - yet another great success - bet you're landed, too! 

Binx - it was full Irish, but white pudding - yuck!

R.R- I'd always recommend Champagne for a clear head the next day.

RSB- lovely to hear from you - please keep posting how you're doing - is your ankle better?

Tazi - so sorry to neglect congratulating you for your great Great South Run - da iawn!

Toby - you are doing great - the swimming will keep you so fit and toned and the running will all come back naturally once you're well rested and healed.

Brian - nice to meet you - and please excuse my excitement.

Also " hi" to everyone I may not have mentioned - I'm sorry if I've been so self-centred. Making excuses - Whilst posting from my phone, it's difficult to keep everyone's messages on the screen so I miss some. So - enough about (my) marathons. There's a lot of really brilliant, quick running, determined training and recovery going on on this thread. You are all stars!

• Thanks for everyones good wishes 

Seejay I just tried one longish run every week( ending with a 20 miler)  with 2 or 3 shorter ones in between (biggest week 35 miles).  I suffered lots of problems as you know and the physio got me through it in the end.

However, everyones different - I dont think I have the body to consistently put in big mileage, therefore if doing a marathon have to nurse my way through the training and  have to specifically train for that race.  Others can carry on racing regularly without a problem.  If I was in your position I would build up to running a half every couple of weeks by Jan (not flat out - but where you feel comfortable.  Then step up 2 out of every 3 weeks until you run a 20, believe me you will suffer niggles along the way but if you start now you should have enough time to get through it.

Its going to take me sometime to get over Monday, I need to rest the hip by keeping mileage low and I am shattered, although come December time I am happy to join you on longer runs. 

Good luck with your training

Fran if its not rude to ask, what was your final time ?

Mrs LBB was not with me, we have a son with special needs and we have to get respite when we can, Unfortunately not available this week.

Good luck for Snowdon, it is going to be very tough but I admire your determination.

• LBB- 4:18:32.

May be a tougher job persuading my husband to back my decision - he knows how much discomfort I've been in the last few weeks but I have a theory that the less I do (ie taper?) the more I seize up.

• imageimageWow... congratulations to both ffRAN and LBB on your fantastic marathon PB.

imageffRAN & Lop a Long - aka - nessie, ramblin rose and in the past was a yellow mouse whose name presently escapes my memory (plodderama??) imageimage  .. I feel tired just reading your posts so much energy & enthusiasm, truly inspirational.  Training & running for me this year has been a bit hit & miss; mainly due to injury and c$£p working hours. The latest injury is to the connective tissue which supports the arch; the plantar fascia. Causing a condition called plantar fasciitis on my left foot, it basically means having to strap my left arch, in order to run with any degree of comfort.

But there is so much inspiration and support on this thread that I am motivated to give this marathon thing a go one day soon.imageimage 

• I'm not doing Snowdon. My friend has talked some sense into me - that and the fact that Snowdon Organisers won't allow me to transfer an entry. (I don't think I'll pass for a 32 year old bloke at registration!) So - feel embarassed now.
  • imageJust posted loads & then kicked off the net, guess it thought my ramblin'  was too much!!!!!!!!!!!

imageBetter keep this one shorter

imageFfran - Don't feel embarassed,  very wise decision, there will always be another day - How long have you been running? If you dont mind me asking?

imageRSB - Hi thats me, Podderama ! Hope your problem sorts itself out , my neighbour had that & she had to stop running for a while but she's back to it now.

imageRan this morn just under 7miles in 74mins - all went well - lovely weather here

image Went to cuddle puppy Rooby, she fell asleeep on me Ahhhhhhhhhh bliss

imageSchooled horsie this afternoon & she is going well, so all in all a good day today - back to work tomorrow YUK

imageHope everyone else ok TTFN Nessie x

• Evening all

Ffran - See that as an omen that it wasnt meant to be, you certainly have nothing to feel embarrassed about you dafty.imageimage

Brian  - Hiya nice to hear from you again. Its easy stages with this recovery lark isnt it. I hated the feeling of starting all over again but its better to be safe than sorry.

Toby - Sounds like your being very sensible with your swimming etc, like the idea of the running in the pool.

Runner string Bean - That sounds painfull,hope it heals up quickly for you. Know what you mean about the inspiration from people on this thread. They are all fantastic. image

Nessie - Have you got Rooby at home now?  She sounds lovely.

No running for me today but Ive got running club tomorrow and a run Friday and Sunday all being well.

Hope everyone is ok and training and recovering well.

Talk Soon 

Binx x

• Hi everyone - not been around much as I've been in Business School in Henley and University in Bath! All exams over and no work until Monday image

Haven't caught up on the news but hope everyone is well.

Have caught up on the news that ffRAN finished the Dublin Marathon and enjoyes a few cocktails later - well done ffRAN - you deserved it after those many LSR's image  

• Hiya people, been managing to run every other day again, only short distances, but been making up for it by biking and swimming and gym where possible to get the fitness up together, my right legs feels like I could go and run a marathon, and my left leg feels like it has already (not that I've actually experianced a full marathon yet)

Hi again Binx, Seejay, lopalong etc. and hello ffran, you dont need to be excused for your excitment, its quite motivational!

Sorry I havent kept up to date, and Im not keen enough on reading computer screens enough to go through the 400 odd posts I've missed, so hope you all did well in Brizzol and any other events you done since! Im doing it next year, I promise! looking for inspiration for events next year, so far Reading half, Shinfield 10k, Bristol, and Basingstoke, which other then London is pretty much every town and village I have lived in! but would like to do something different, at some point, might go for a hell runner or something, also, that midnight run (Brighton I think) looked interesting, if they do it again next year it might be one I look at!

Anyway, enough ramblings for tonight!
    Brian!

• LBB, thats sort of what I had in mind, some of those training plans really frightened me, these people must think we have nothing better to do than run all week!!!!!image I will be helping some people prepare for Bath Half and Edinburgh so hopefully will help get my mileage up and help with motivation!!

Ffran, never feel embarrassed to pull out of a race, as others have said there are always others and most of these organisers are not runners and only in it for the money so when you apply next time they wont hold any grudge!!! You have done well at Dublin, bathe in the glory for a few days and then start training again, take it slow at first to see how you feel!! Just look forward to your next race!!

Nessie, well done, obviously that cross trainer wasnt set too high, it was just pushing you a little!!! image You must find out how to post pics so we can all oogle and blubber at this lovely puppy!!!! imageimage

Binx, have a good run tomorrow night, r u racing at the weekend or is it just a training run?

Kev, now the exams over do you think you will be able to start training again or is it still too soon?

I am hoping to do a steady 8 tomorrow and may try a slow 14 on Sunday from Emersons Green and down to Bitton and back!!

• Hi Brian, you must have posted as I was writing mine!! Take it slow, dont rush your training, its like loosing weight, rush it and you put it back on (possible injury), take it slow and it stays off (better endurance and eventually better pace). Cant remember what part of the world you hail from so cant recommend any. Personally I have only booked Silverstone Half and Edinburgh Marathon but I usually try to include Kennet Kanter (10ml), Frenchay 10K, Keynsham 10K, Pensford 10K, Lliswerry 8, Devizes 10K, Longleat 10K but not sure what to do next year.

I did mean to suggest we all gather at Longleat for a group 10K, I know some wont run it as it is quite a challenging course but what a spectacular finish, run through the main gates towards Longleat House!!!! It is usually around February time but will keep you posted with a date!!! I will also try to come up with a Bitton meetup, maybe on one of my not so long runs!!! image

• LBB - Woop Woop imageimage well done!!!

Ffran - tempted by dublin, but not by that price! i will probably do it one day (when i'm feeling rich!) good excuse to visit Ireland, will have to make a proper holiday of it cos Ireland does look lovely.

Seejay - GSR... t-shirt, medal, really good goody bag (nature valley bars, power shots, powerade, they had a heated knee wrap, the obligatory Ricola sweet image errrrrm and other goodies, but i can't remember what they were!) can't remember if i've already said this but crowd support was amazing and i loved the bands they had! it is quite expensive, but i figured it was probably the only chance i'd have to do a Great Run, since most are based oop north (and i'm not travelling that far for a 10k or half) and my sister is living down there at the mo (so no accomodation costs!!)
    and it's a BIG race so i wasn't anywhere near last (though i was beaten by mr tickle image)! and i quite like being able to say i've run the same course as some of the big names...
    go on... you know you want to.... image

just a lickle plod tonight (2 miles - gave blood yesterday) but suprisingly my time wasn't much slower than usual and it didn't feel THAT much harder!

right, i'll go now before i bore you all to death!

• Thanks for the info Tazi, will certainly think about it, sounds like a good run and her indoors can wander around if she wants to come!!! I will do Great North run sometime but accommodation is all that is stopping me, usually books up really quick!!!
  • Hi Seejay, I've a month off from Uni now so feeling good and back to training image

To be honest, I love training this time of year. Getting out undercover of darkness, banishing the blues of those dark nights - bring it on!!!!!

Shame I've got the matter of a 50 hour + working week to contend with as well!

• imageHi Binx, Rooby not home yet, wont be till Mid Nov, have had words with our old dog & told him when she comes home he is not to eat her !!!! LOL

imageSeeJ will def have to find out how to put pics on , she is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute, just like a fat little guinea pig!!!  When I went round to my friends to visit her today, all the pups were out (6 rotties & 5 jack russells) & they were all tumbling about & playing with one another - some very funny antics, then they all settled to sleep where ever they fell, some in the wellie pile, some on top of cushions, & some just lay flat on their backs & snored gently!   Rooby settled on me, it was so sweet.

imageHi Br1an, keep up the good work, 'slowly , slowly catchie monkey' as they say - Whoever they are???

imageTazi, no way will you bore us, we all love to read what ever is going on

Nessie

• Kev, I thought the 50 hr week was illegal since the 60's!!!!! image I did until my daughter started working for Sports Direct, they would have you working 24/7 if they could!!!!! I am impressed at anyone who can do 50 hr working week and train as well!!!

Nessie, sounds like my daughters heart will melt when she sees her!!!! I take it we wont be putting your name down for Longleat then???? image

• Nessie -Oooo I bet you cant wait until then. Hopefully your old dog will love her and want to look after her. Cant wait to see her. Havent had a go but I think you add pics by clicking on the tree button on the tool bar, clicking on the my computer tab and then creating a album to put pic into. Hope that makes sense. image

Brian - sounds like youve done a grand job of keeping your fitness up but go steady and take care of yourself. I have entered the castle coombe 10k and the Bromahm 10k Pudding run and the Bath Half for next year. Looks like youve got a lot entered to keep you busy.

Running Kev - I like running in the dark to especially as it  gets near xmas and I can see everyones xmas decs shining. Sad arent Iimage

Tazi - Like Nessie said theres no way you'll bore us, we love to hear about what everyone has been up to.image

Seejay - Just a training run at the weekend, nothing too far my training partner is on holiday so im having my step back week so were on a par if that makes sense. Bet youre quite excited about starting your marathon training. I will eventually get brave enough to do one.image

TTFN Binx x

• Just found out Longleat will be on Sunday 6th Feb and details will be on www.209events.com soon!!
  • Binx - glad I'm not alone.

Seejay - in fairness my 55 - 55 hours a week includes the damm commute (60 miles each way image )

Longleat sounds a good one for me to train towards - a 10k in Feb is a great tester for the Llanelli HM in March which is my main focus at the moment.

• Binx, I know what you mean, if you and your training partner are on a par then you really dont want to break that  link!! Not sure if excited is the word, apprehensive would probably describe it better, will know more when I have done a few longer runs, hoping to do 14 this weekend so may be able to say more after that!! I found it took me a few years before I picked up the courage to enter and now I have got a place the enormity of it is just starting to sink in!!!! You have time on your side I dont so got to get it done soon!!!
  • Kev, Llanelli looks a good run, cetainly would help my training for Edinburgh, not a tough one but not exactly easy mentally, running straight past the Start/finish to do the second half is not exactly inspiring but!!!!!!
  • RK - you've been working so hard! - Have a good rest and enjoy a few runs along the seafront. Great news about the possibility of a Parkrun in Llanelli, eh?

Brian - sounds like you're planning some interesting races. You're taking your recuperation sensibly, so you'll get there all the quicker. Well done.

Toby - keep up the good work.

Soupdragon - will you tell me all about Hellrunner, please. 

Binx - thank you for kind words. Your training is going great isn't it?

Tazi - my boss did the GSR - sounds like he had a marvelous time too!

Nessie -Cant wait to see Roobs!!!  I joined a gym, and in March 2006, was having a personal training session, and was told to go on the treadmill to run/walk for 2 mins - I couldn't even do that! But I built up my time and distance and eventually managed to run the Race for Life in the June. By the August, I tried for the first time to enter London Marathon. I was hooked. So a real late starter -  I keep getting ex-school chums commenting "You? Run?" Cheeky b####rs- I've always been very active despite a nightmare sports regime at school all but putting me off for life.

Seejay- you are right about there always being a next year. I'd love to do Longleat - planned on fitting it in this year but something happened. Thread run - great idea! We'll stay in the park campsite!

• ffRAN - as a fellow "camper" I see a plan coming together for Longleat image

Seejay - the llanelli route is very picturesque (in nice weather). Last year was glorious! It's a must do for me as I live 300yds from the course and it is flat apart from a few "humps" over the railway.

I've just tweaked my new (!) training schrdule to fit Longleat in image

• whispering to Kev... if we let on about our caravans, we'll have to put everyone up at Longleat - just like you will be doing for the Llanelli Half - 12 at last count, I think! Plus Roobs.
  • whipering back to ffRAN - I might have a six berth caravan but there will be 5 of us in it!!!

Llanelli half - loads of room for tents out the back and your caravan on the drive  image