Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Evening all.

Tried having a proper rest yesterday as I usually do a Monday weights class with lots of heavy lunges and squats, and find my legs heavy on my run on a Tuesday.

I did feel fresher.... But not that much better. 7 miles in 1:08. Won't try that again as it took a lot of effort to run that pace but we did do our 2nd hilliest route.

Hope you're enjoying your recovery, Toby.
  • Well doen Ffran, it is a little hot for running so I am impressed that anyone is getting out there and doing decent times!!!!

Well done Toby, as I say its good that everyone is getting out in this heat!!!

I have been very lazy since Saturdays cycle, did another cycle run tonight to running club and home again, it was very hot and sticky. Still reasonably happy with my progress but I would like it to heal quicker!!!! Anyway, I got my email from London Marathon so I now have a guaranteed entry and will get my 'congratulations' magazine in October. Now to work out a training plan!!!!!

• morning all ran back up to the garage yesterday to pick the car up so it's all fixed for the moment pity my bank balance isn't now Oh well had to be done

Haven't had a chance to do a gym session this week so may well do one today

• Evening!!! image

Well I eventually managed to kick my ass out the door for a nice ride but it was getting dark and i dont have lights so cut it short to just over 2 miles. Seem to be loosing my mojo a little instead of upping my training!!!! Will try harder over the weekend!!!! Hope you are all well!!!!

• Seej great pic- how exciting that's one for the grandchildren!!!

Hubby did his 60 mile night cycle - pretty knackered at the end but sooooooo proud of him

Came home Monday straight into awful IBS attack!!!! (that'll teach me to go away and enjoy myself!!!!!!)

First run this morn since last Saturday - only 3 miles but hopefully next week I can get a proper training plan going????

Youngest son finishes his last Uni exam today so we are off to pick him up this weekend and it's his birthday so all being well family coming over.

Hope u all enjoy the jubilee weekend and run safe

Ttfn Nessie x
  • morning all

just 5 miles today as i start the build up to September i have decided to put one 13 mile run in a month

• Afternoon all

Well 5 miles done ran an out and back course i use when training for Brighton the run took a 43:58 with Avg pace 8:38m/m and comparing it to previous times over the same rout it the fastest i cover it

• Well done Toby - great running

Battling this afternoon digging out a HUGE pampas grass - I'm knackered already dug two out when we first moved in - only one more to go after this one - hateful plants and such hard work to get out!!!!

Ness
  • Well done Toby!

Evening all.

• Morning all

no running for me over the weekend but do have to get out in the garden as we have runner and French beans to plant along with some cumber plants

sat here eagerly anticipating the return of my O/H as she doing her first ever park run this morning i did get up and set my Garmin for her to take but then i have to say it was straight back to bed for me

• Hope the OH enjoys the Park Run Toby.

Too wet here for gardening - bl**dy typical bank holiday weather!

nkoy the Jubilee Celebrations whatever you are doing.

• Off to Spain now for a week - have a nice time for the rest of the bank holiday all!

• Morning all.

Have a good time in Spain, Kev..don't forget to pack your trainers!

Hope your wife enjoyed the Parkrun, Toby. I love the race.

Miserable 14.5 for me yesterday. Not so much because of the pouring rain but it just REALLY HURT. I ran to my daughter's new house, which is an idyllic 200 year old gamekeeper's cottage, in a beautiful forest setting and was greeted by lunch cooking on the Aga, fluffy towels and a power shower, so all very welcoming. Sat in her conservatory looking at the most remarkable display of wild birds I have ever seen, including a kingfisher diving into the river that runs along the bottom of the garden. Very relaxing atmosphere to nurse my aches and pains.

I'm going to take my aunt out for a treat today.. She was 87 yesterday, and quite frankly, if I have half the energy she has, when I'm her age, I'll be very happy.

Then off to Kent tomorrow.
  • Wow Fran no wonder everything hurt 14.5 miles is a long way!!!!

Hope u recover quickly x

First run since Friday - only 36 mins but pig of a hill!!!!

Still not sorted out a plan or entered anything for me to work towards - must get my finger out and try harder!!!

Hope u all enjoy the long weekend and celebrations

Had baby granddaughter and family over Sunday pm for BBQ and it was you gets lads birthday Aswell and he's finished Uni - so a good day and a few drinkies!!!! Just have to wait for his results now and he has to get a job!!!! Fingers toes eyes EVERYTHING crossed. It was a hard course - 30 started it but only him and 2 others finished it!!!

Ttfn Nessie x
  • Hi everyone, sorry for not posting lately but had a very busy time over the past few days!!!Saturday I cycled 8.44 in 44 mins on my usual route up towards Bristol Airport, then got dressed and went to Colston Hall to see the Chieftains, what a brilliant and different concert. It wasnt just traditional Irish Music but some Canadian and other stuff thrown in. Wish I had seen them years ago!!!

Sunday was reasonably peaceful but by lunchtime we had to be in Merthyr to see my daughter who had got tickets to see Mrs Browns Boys in Cardiff. Had a lovely time with her and then had a side splitting evening watching the best comedy on the planet!!!!!! Sides are still sore!!

Yesterday cycled up to work and back, a total of 11.38 in 1hr, then worked on my motorbike. Today we had two parties to go to, one was a BBQ which ended up indoors and didnt start till 2 which was about the time we had to go to our other party. It was indoors with lots of food and good company.

I should really go cycling Wendesday night but if the weather is good I will go with the motorbike monthly run, if not I will work in the garage!!!! I am hopeing to start some very slow jogging in the next week or two and very slowly build up the mileage and pace.

I hope everyone had a great Jubilee weekend, shame the weather spoiled today!!!!!

• Morning all

had a nice rest full weekend this weekend did a gym session Monday with another fartek session on the treadmill which involved walk half a k run half a k flat out or as fast as the treadmill would go which is about 7.5 miles an hour

then did 4 miles with the O/H yesterday i took her on one of my out and back course out along the A38 she walked a lot of the hills but ran nearly all of the homeward leg even at one point telling me to get out the way as i was running to slow for her

Just 3 today it may have to be on the treadmill as i have to be in work early again this week which means taking the bike and if it’s tipping down i really don’t fancy getting wet twice

Seejay glad things are goig Ok hope you get out for a run soon

• Hi everyone, sorry that I've not been posting recently but things have been a bit hectic in the last week, but I'll get to that later. The running has been a bit quiet as I managed to do some tendon damage in my right knee just after the Hogweed, so I've played safe and just rested. It's showing signs of improving, but just as a precaution, I'll be resting it for the next two weeks as I'll be out of the country because.........wait for it.......here it comes......I'm getting married tomorrow image Thought I'd better let you know why I've not been about much, last minute running around (no pun intended), and why I won't be around for the next couple of weeks! For those of you who know me on Facebook, I'd rather you didn't post anything until it's common knowledge, which I guess it will be by Friday.

I hope you're all good and I'll post again once I'm back. I'll be looking forward to prepping for Bristol half then!

• CB congratulation on the up coming nuptials

• Congrats CB, hope you have a great day.

• CB many congrats to u both x

Keep up the good work Toby - well done to OH

SEEJ - read the first part of your post again!!!!!!LOL did u cycle naked?????????

Hope you're running real soon x

Rode horsie Monday pm - ran yesterday - planned to ride today but it's now chucking it down !!!! Going to waterworkout tonight at pool

Plan to run tomo

Hope everyone ok

Ttfn Nessie x
  • Morning all

Well just 3 miles for me yesterday sun was out so went out for a run instead of using the treadmill the whole run took me 25:44 with an Avg pace of 8:30 m/m so pleased as that’s the quickest i been round that route for a while split wise they were 8:42, 8:17 and 8:29

Just need to increases the distance i can run and maintain that pace comfortable as to go sub 1:50:00 you need to run at some ting like 8:13 m/m

rode the bike to work last night did get a little wet but nothing as bad as i thought it was going to be so with the run that’s 9 miles in total for yesterday have a rest day from the running but do have to ride the bike in again lets hope it says dry

• Great run,Toby! And as Seejay will say, too, I'm sure, all that cycling will be improving the old cardio fitness, so a great supplement to the regime.

Seejay, I've seen the Chieftains and they are brilliant. A very entertaining evening!!!

Nessie, hope you enjoyed ( enjoy?) rides/runs/ pool workouts. . Again, cross training is the way to go, I feel. When will your son hear about results?

CB- heartiest congratulations for today. Hope all goes to plan and you and your wife have a lovely holiday. I WON'T tell you to remember your trainers!!!

Miserly 3.5 miles yesterday but around the "wall" of what's billed as the most complete medieval town in UK so very scenic. Same today if family time allows.

The Matthew of Bristol here at the quay, on it's way back from the Jubilee Flotilla so a tour planned for my grandson later.
  • Chris, many congratulations, I hope everything went well and the wind and rain didnt spoil things too much!!!! I wouldnt worry to much on the running front, wait till all the wedding excitement has calmed down!!!!!

Toby, i am beginning to think that a dreadmill in the garage might have to become a reality in my houshold also!!!! image My fastest Half is 1:49:21 and the average was 8:21 a mile, its a big step up and what surprised me most it was at Stroud which is not the flatest half in the country. Best of luck, just keep pushing the miles in thats all you can do!!!

Nessie, as usual you read far to much into what people say!!! image No I wasnt naked, I would never subject the general public at large to that sort of display without plenty of notice and proper precautions!!! image I hope you manage to get a run done tomorrow, weather is supposed to be bad again!!!

Ffran, I will let you know if the cycling has helped when I start running again!!! image I do hope so because I am putting on so much weight now I could really do with some good cardio to help burn the calories!!!!

I did go out with my motorbike club last night so no exercise then or tonight. I am on the Isle of Wight next week but will take my running gear just in case and maybe get some circuits in round the caravan park!!!! I will post again before I go away and hopefully I will have managed to get out on the bike before then!!!!

• morning all

just had a wet and blustery ride home from work i have 6 miles to do today if the weather dosn't in prove it will be in the garage on the treadmill with a good DVD playing

Seejay enjoy the IOW hope you have a great time

• Ran this morn in terrible weather but funnily enough I quite like running in the rain!!!! It was a terrible headwind and at times I felt I was standing still - only 3 miles but I hope better than nothing????

Hope everyone ok in this bad weather

Ttfn Nessie x
  • Morning. Sitting outside the caravan having breakfast in glorious sunshine. We've been very lucky all week. Family excursions have been dry, even a little too sunny for two, very fair little children, but it has poured and blown a gale once we've returned indoors.

Not an ideal situation for my training as I have found difficulty in finding more than a 3 mile loop and it's dead flat. Also, priority has been to help out with the little ones but home tomorrow and I can take my mind off pining for them by running.

Have a lovely weekend all!
  • Afternoon all

Well got the 6 mile done yesterday eventually got up with every intention of doing them but made the mistake of sitting down and which something on the television and a case of CBA was setting in but in the end guilt got the better of me and did them on the treadmill

• Hi all should be my Gym session today but may just go out for a 3 mile run instead as you guessed it i have to be in work early again this week it wouldn’t have been a problem as it should be my turn for the car but the lady that my O/H shares with has to leave early so she needs the car which means i on the bike again

Thank goodness it’s only 1 day with the weather being what it is at the moment signed up for are locale park run just waiting for the bar code to arrive all i have to do now is get the O/H to kick me out of bed on Saturday morning

• Good for you Toby. Parkrun is THE most brilliant invention! Such a simple yet innovative scheme - I only wish I had the capability to organise one near us. It takes a lot of dedication and we're away so many weekends, I just couldn't commit.

I had a mixed run yesterday. Planned my 10 mile hilly/mountainous route and started poorly. I really felt my running days were over and I just had to hang up my Asics. However, as the miles went by I got into the rhythm and the 2.5 mile climb was great. When I got to the top of the mountain, I had a very Zen moment. I could hear voices, then saw 2 lads boxing! They'd ran/walked up so were very impressed an old gal like me had managed to run the whole way! What a way to train! Amazing vista as usual. Anyway, got home feeling a lot more confident about next week's race.

PS did everyone see the amount of spam on RW yesterday? 100 pages of rubbish, apparently.