Options

Christmas is coming

13»

Comments

• Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Delia's Christmas Cake

TBH, I put all the dried fruit in a bowl and add the brandy.  Then as soon as that is absorbed I add more brandy.  As soon as that is absorbed I add more brandy etc etc unti the fruit takes in no more alcohol. That way, you get lovely swollen fruit but the boozey taste is not overpowering

Ha!  Cross post image Great minds think alike, eh Schmunks?! image (I also keep re-filling with brandy until it stops absorbing it; forgot to say that!)
  • Options

Surely it's already far too late for a good Christmas pudding! They need time to mature nicely. Mine get made in a big batch every few years just AFTER Christmas - during that period when christmas fruit is reduced in the supermarket, you're not at work, but have nothing much else to be doing either. Something to do with the recipe I use saying "steam for 7 hours", so it does tend to occupy the entire day. They then get to sit in the pantry for several years until they're eaten. Never had a bad pudding from it, although I do augment the liquid quantities, they seem a little on the stingy side to me - if it doesn't have half a bottle of rum & the same of brandy, it's not a proper pudding image

• Options
    Cinders wrote (see)
    Are they on sale anywhere RM???
    What, those Christmas condom holders. Unfortunately due to a flipping company
    embargo, I cannot say who are going to sell them. But they should be on sale from
    October and will compete against JLS range of condoms.

On the matter of Christmas pudds. Hate them as much as I hate Christmas cake.
  • Options
    Don't come near our house then!
  • Options
    We don't have an ordinary Christmas pudding.
    We have a marks and spencers Christmas pudding.
  • Options
    can not wait till xmas and get away from work for a week