BarryTheBaton 2010-11 Events Diary

Comments

• I think a diary on here is all we need to do, setting up a separate website / web diary sounds a bit complicated when relatively little interest has been shown.

Besides, Bruce will be busy building the end to end county peaks website image

• lol- nah me and Barry have not fell out. He is lovelyimage Just that the young baton's future needs to be dicussed by all his parentsimage

I do not want folks detailsimageimage- someone else can take charge of the diary. I am trying to take it easier and find the life I had lost back. You guys have to work out the diary in whatever way you wish.

certainly (and always have) agreed that the main event has precedent over the diary .

• One tip though. Please folks fink with 3 Fs how Barry has to be passed on. If   he is posted, ensure that he goes Special Delivery. Also so folk know, you can photograph the receipt and post it on here. This avoids folk blaming others if he is "lost in the post".image
  • Stu agree with all the above re post proof etc

You would only hold my info not everyone's, I will hold just Duckinators info, Duckinators the next and so on.

• Barry's Diary

Format is

When - Who -  What - Where - details received from the next runner - Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

n/a           - Stu - resting and driving Stu mad - at Stu's - No details - has Barry

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - No - awaiting Barry

? /05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard.

• OK -I am simply concerned about me chosing how much or how little I do on coasters. Enjoyed my roles last time but it was damned hard work and not something you could do year after year. You get no thanks or kiss my arse for a lot of it, especially the mithering bitimage 
  • Cool no worries and thanks Stu but you've no chance of the other image
  • phew!! -thank God for thatimage
  • Unlike Stu, I feel I have a lot more to give to "our project" for next year. Stu did a great job this year and shouldn't have to have as much involvement when it is a joint effort.

Being a long way from the coast meant I couldn't get as involved as I wanted in CRB but I'm not bad at logistics, being a bean-counter, so I'm happy to control Barry's whereabouts if necessary, for this next project.

I've now booked the event that I would like Barry to join me on and it's Sunday Feb 13th. It's a 20 mile LDWA walk/run (not race) and I'm sure he'll love seeing the countryside around Hindhead in Surrey. Bikermouse was also suggesting putting a Coasters team in for the South Downs Marathon relay and I'm more than happy to help/organise that team as well - that's sometime in June.

• Hi Strag Great offer, don't know if you've seen the LEJOG thread if not have a look. There's now 6 suggestions for the next major event which will take precedent over this Diary.

I'll pop you in the Diary

Barry's Diary

Format is

When - Who -  What - Where - details received from the next runner - Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

n/a           - Stu - resting and driving Stu mad - at Stu's - No details - has Barry

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - No - awaiting Barry

13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster -  LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey - No - awating Barry

? /05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard No - awaiting Barry

• Strag RouteMaster wrote (see)

Unlike Stu, I feel I have a lot more to give to "our project" for next year. Stu did a great job this year and shouldn't have to have as much involvement when it is a joint effort.

totally agree Strag. Labour need to be divided wider this time.It would be great for you to get involved moreimage. I am happy to just do the odd press release and do a stint on this occasion. Writing I can cope with now but not beyond that whilst doing the book (which is making fine progress but takes time to do right)image

I do find it harder than I thought to pull away after all that but really must. So you have permission to tell me off-lol

• Thanks Woody and I'll read LEJOG from the start soon.

Co-incidentally my club is running LEJOG in June/July this year but the travel to the start and back when finished is putting me off. Doesn't help to have a wife and family!

• No worries Strag, being Coasters LEJOG will be something quite different, the latest suggestion is to include highest peaks in each county + swim the major lakes and to have a choice of cycle or run.
  • Are you allowed to use a motorcycle for the boring bits?image (No reply necessary)
  • Strag RouteMaster wrote (see)
    Are you allowed to use a motorcycle for the boring bits?image (No reply necessary)

lol -nopeimage

We may as well dicuss Barry's meanwhile as on main thread they are talking "their own" bits before they decided on the nature of the event. In first coasters nature of event and stretches were decided in 3 days.   I have told 'em so but I am only a foot soldier now.  

• Those of you that expressed an interest in taking part in in some form of an event next year please vote now.

Vote here

Many Thanks

• Ooo, I'd like to book Barry for a New Years Day event I'm doing image  I take it I just stick myself on here and await his arrival!

Barry's Diary

Format is

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry image *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race image

13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster -  LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey - No - awating Barry

? /05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard No - awaiting Barry

• I`ll  second that request TST, Please if thats okay 

Barry's Diary

Format is

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart? Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry image *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race image

• woody you messed the list upimage
  • Oi you've messed the list up  image  imageimage

Barry's Diary

Format is

n/a           - Stu - resting and driving Stu mad - at Stu's - Yes - has Barry

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart? Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry image *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race image

? /05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard - No - awaiting Barry

• Just correcting the question mark to a AND! image

Barry's Diary

Format is

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry image *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race image

? /05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard - No - awaiting Barry

• Barry's Diary

Format is

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry image *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race image

• (draws handbag into chin) -oooooooohhhh!!!!!! we are all being pedanticimage
  • Stu www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)
    (draws handbag into chin) -oooooooohhhh!!!!!! we are all being pedanticimage

image  Well, it just looked like I was questionable with a ? after me! 

• lol -  a lot of holes could be picked I guessimage

pity you aint got a handbag into chin smiley though

perhaps Blakey will do (you cannot have coasters without Blakey -that is for sure) We are all free to use himimage

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/354146/Gallery/4989577647a6163937657m.jpg