BarryTheBaton 2010-11 Events Diary

Comments

• Two-Stroke Tart wrote (see)
    image  Well, it just looked like I was questionable with a ? after me! 
    Sorry TST I was crying at my own inadequacies. I used copy and paste on my diary entry instead of cut and paste image  leaving 2 identical entries each side of yours as you can see.image
  • Me and my brother are doing 2011 miles for 2011 and i'd be keen to have Barry along for some of it!

I'd be up for taking him to;

MK Half on Sunday 13th March 2011 or Shakespeare Marathon on Sunday 8th May 

Can i just join in  or is there an initiation...?

• You can just join in David, although you may need to liaise with  Duckinator via PM (you'll need to switch you messaging service on as it's currently off) to see if he has the date yet for the event he is doing in May if you'd prefer to have Barry with you then.  Although as no-one has booked Barry yet for March it may be an easier solution to have him for the MK half instead?? 

I'll update the list once you decide which event you would like him for image

• Hi,

Just looked up the Aberdeen event and it looks like an end of May date usually so i'll have BtB for Shakespeare please...! He'd prefer a full Mara i guess!

(I have switched on PM's)

Barry's Diary

Format is

When - Who -  What - Where - details received from the next runner - Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

n/a           - Stu - resting and driving Stu mad - at Stu's - Yes - has Barry

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - No - awaiting Barry

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race

13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster -  LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey - No - awaiting Barry

8/5/11    - David Lewis 77 - Shakespeare Marathon - Stratford-on-Avon - No - awiting Barry

??/05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard - No - awaiting Barry

• had to delete smileys sorry as they messed up format...
  • Woody -have you got a contact email for this years Cornish Marathon?

I could let them know they have a special guest. they may announce it too. I can also plug our next eventimage

• Sorry Stu can't find one but their website has telephone contacts on it, it's a small low key event.

Hi David glad to have you on board,  are you aware of the rules for taking Barry?  Ignore me if you are, but a few rules were put in place to maintain Barry's safe return as Follows

Stu www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)

1/ have to be a coaster or NI runner  if they want to do their coast

2/ Have to use "Special Delivery" to post Barry on (he is valuable) or pass on by hand

3/ Priority to British Events

4/ A ballot for Barry if two runners are doing races on same date.

• Hi, i read the entire thread before dipping my toe in the water and am happy to follow the rules.....

Number 1 confuses me though? I'm neither a coaster or an NI runner...

Can someone explain?

• Hi David,

we opened that rule because we did not want any joker kidnapping Barry. However I am certain you would like to join the next coasters challenge, therefore we could call you a coasterimage

• Found this Stu for Cornish Marathon, Dave Clatworthy is the race director

dandhclatwothy at tiscali.co.uk

• ta Mike I will let them knowimage
  • got the mail back I am afraidimage
  • just found one on the info that came back

dandhclatworthy@tiscali.co.uk

• Might be the case that LEJOG (I know it's not confirmed but I'm calling it that!) clashes with the race I have booked, but obviously that takes priority so don't worry shoving me off the list if need be.
  • well Barry is now in the capable hands of Woody for Cornish Maraimage
  • Hi Woody and Barry: Have a great day in Cornwall tomorrow. Good luck, Best Wishes, etc.. etc..
  • Yep, good luck Barry, don't let Woody slow you down!
  • Thanks for the well wishes guys, we had a great time and got round ok, 6 Min's down on last year but we are both happy with that because I selfishly ran a 10k cross country run the day before, luckily Barry forgave me.
  • 6 mins down? -well you were carrying extra weight-lolimage
  • Barry's Diary

Format is

When - Who -  What - Where - details received from the next runner - Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

n/a           - Stu - resting and driving Stu mad - at Stu's - Yes - has Barry

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - No - awaiting Barry

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race

13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster -  LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey - No - awaiting Barry

8/5/11    - David Lewis 77 - Shakespeare Marathon - Stratford-on-Avon - No - awiting Barry

??/05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard - No - awaiting Barry

• Barry's Diary

Format is

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - No - Barry with me

• ta for update woody . So you aint sold him yet?
  • naah , I'm thinking of a mate for him  but don't hold your breath
  • lol -you bin on the beer? image 2:46 am -I dunno!
  • Where is Barry spending Christmas?
  • good question strag.

maybe we should have focussed on these little adventures this year. That would have give us time to reflect on 2010 rather than plan 2011 to death too soon at the expense of "genuine" fun IMHO

• Hmm well he could stay with me, or I can post him special delivery, to the next on the list but I've not got an address to send to yet.

He's been getting a bit fed up of late so I've brought my motorbike in for him to play on, he's been made up ever since, pretending he's some biker type tearing up the twist back roads.

/members/images/280734/Gallery/RW_Barry_on_motorbike0193.jpg

• Stu - you could be right, maybe we've been too impatient for another adventure!

W2R - Strange - he looks silver in the photo? He's not glamming up for Christmas is he? He can have a ride on my Honda CBF600N when he's with me, but he'll need more than a scarf to keep warm!

• Strag RouteMaster wrote (see)

Stu - you could be right, maybe we've been too impatient for another adventure!

Strag -it is understandable because we all enjoyed coasters2010 (well 99% of us). We could throw the idea on main thread if you like. We can do some great Barry promo in 2011 whilst he visits places. It will be a lot easier in 2012 to do an event with that visibility behind us tooimage

I have thrown idea on threadimage

I wnat that bike woodyimageimage