BarryTheBaton 2010-11 Events Diary

Comments

• IMO it would be better to focus on this - the promo through races in 2011 and then another event in 2012 - after all, Olympics year too.

• my stress muscle agrees with you Duckyimageimage
  • As much as I like the idea of organising a route and runners along the North Downs, etc..i/we would still need to encourage others to join us. I'm always harping on to mates not to do the same events each year, especially the London Marathon, so I should heed my own advise and skip a year.

If, sorry when, Barry is with me he'll be joining me on most of my runs and hopefully my enthusiasm will entice other members of my club to join us "next time". 

I'm still willing to carry on with Zone F/1 if needed but I'm much more in favour of individual events rather than a relay this year.

Stu - Keep on writing the book. I'll def. buy a copy. Was the Bushmills you wanted Maltimage or blended image?

• Malt Stragimage Will re-start on book after New Year. Deleted it but got 80% back from email I sent being sent back-phew!!image

Aim to have it ready by May/June but could be longer.

Defo focus on doing next event 2012 I say. The breathing space we will have will do us all goodimage

• We should do a guestimate for how many miles we think Barry will run this year with all the races he's doing image

nowt is settled yet. We have another on main thread  question the idea of taking a year out . Guess who answers the awkward questions? (if others answered it would look more egalitarian ) . Tis a bit of a farce and am waiting for Brian Rix to pop on without his pants-lol

I personally  feel next year as a break is great, as I said

• I think we really do need to decide whether next year or 2012. It will have to be made known on 2011 thread unfortunately. Sooner decide something concrete than keep the hit/miss scenario going too long.

If no voices are heard apart from a few we will be open to accusation that only the views of a few count (see LoA's  post-)

• I agree we should stick with our original thought / plan of allowing Barry to grace other events with individual Coasters on request.  Organising a collective event is a lot of work, and a break would do everyone good.
  • Please, can someone tell me where Baz is residing as i need him to accompany me on a race on 28thy Dec and again on New Years Day ( the later was booked!)

• Hi NG Baz is with me you need to PM me with an address so that I can post him by special delivery to you image
  • R on a s:-Good to see you back. Post your message on the main LEJOG thread.

I'm still on the fence, still not sure which side I'm going to fall, but it's looking more like wait until 2012!

• I think there is very little appetite for 2011 after what has gone on. Folks have kept away. With the loss of 2010 website - overall impression is -it aint gonna be fun at all.

2012 will be better and we can protect ourselves from what happened by then.

Let us enjoy 2011 and Barry's venturesimage

• Let us stick to this plan pleaseimage. I have mails from folk asking and would like to offer something definate.
  • OK with me. I would have a lot to offer and as usual my eagerness would probably turn into stress. Jan to mid April is my busy period at work and I'm hoping to go to Milan for their marathon on Apr 10th. Maybe Barry would like to join me?

• cannot see why not Stragimage

My eagerness does that to me tooimage 

next 12 months can get us straightened out on some fronts tooimage

• Hi for what its worth

I think its a good idea to have a break and let everyone just enjoy Baz at individual events, my queriesare though;

How can we promote him properly without a website, would any kind soul like to develop a simple one?

How are we going to keep track of where Baz is in order to request his presence ot an event?

• Nurse Gladis wrote (see)

How can we promote him properly without a website, would any kind soul like to develop a simple one?

Got a kind soul in the pipeline Gladimage Just hang your horsesimage

see main thread for 2011 for details of what has happenedimage

• 1/ have to be a coaster.

2/ Have to use "Special Delivery" to post Barry on (he is valuable) or pass on by hand

3/ Priority to British Events

4/ A ballot for Barry if two runners are doing races on same date.

Barry's Diary

Format is

When - Who -  What - Where - details received from the next runner - Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - Yes - Barry with me

17/12/10 - Rusy Rusk - 100 mile ??? - ??? - no - awaiting Barry

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race

13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster -  LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey - No - awaiting Barry

8/5/11    - David Lewis 77 - Shakespeare Marathon - Stratford-on-Avon - No - awiting Barry

??/05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard - No - awaiting Barry

• Okay NG, I'll do my run and post Special Delivery as soon as done.  I'll PM you for your delivery address.
  • rusty delete your details of tother thread though mateimage 
  • Just a quick post  then back to work. sent Barry special delivery at 13:24 today.

You can check his progress by entering this No Ref No AR165529055GB in this link it should arrive before 13:00 tomorrow .

• image you are afishant woodyimage
  • Woody -Just one point to add on the criteria for conflicting events. If someone has already run with Barry this year then shouldn't the other person have the nod?

Unless their are more requests between 13 th Feb and May, Barry can come with me to Milan on 10th April.

I can't belive no-one wants to take him around VLM. 

• I agree Strag, it would seem to be the fairest way and was thinking the same myself but was feeling lazy when I copied the criteria into the diary I'll update it now.
  • 1/ Have to be a coaster.

2/ Have to use "Special Delivery" to post Barry on (he is valuable) or pass on by hand

3/ Priority to British Events

4/ In the event that two runners are doing races on same date, priority will go to the runner that has not run a previous Diary event. or a ballot If both runners have equal claim.

Barry's Diary

Format is

When - Who -  What - Where - details received from the next runner - Barry status (you have/ in post etc).

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - Yes - Barry in post

1/1/2011 - Two-Stroke Tart AND Nurse Gladis - New Years Day 10k - Wymondham in Norfolk  - No - rather excitedly awaiting Barry *whispers* rather less excitingly awaiting the race

13/02/11 - Strag RouteMaster -  LDWA 20 miles - Hindhead in Surrey - No - awaiting Barry

8/5/11    - David Lewis 77 - Shakespeare Marathon - Stratford-on-Avon - No - awiting Barry

??/05/11 - Duckinator - City of Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k - Aberdeen Beach Boulevard - No - awaiting Barry

• Barry's Diary

Format is

21/11/10 - Woody2run - Cornish marathon - Millennium House Pensilva Cornwall - Yes - Barry in post

England Kilomathon please;

20/ 3/2011; Nurse Gladys; England Kilomathon; Derby to Nottingham; awaiting Baz

• LET US ALL WISH RUSTY A MASSIVE COASTERS GOOD LUCK IN HIS 100 MILES (AND BARRY TOO)imageimageimageimage
  • Barry has arrived safely with our Rustyimage
  • Have a good one Rusty. Rather you than me!