Crap at relationships

Comments

• Yeah i was about to say 'It's only you Corinth' but too many people are agreeing with you image

Nam, i'm the same in that if it was expected of me to act like a good little house wife, I most certainly wouldn't!! In a relationship I would just do what needs to be done as I have the time to do it, and if I didn't, i'd hope the guy would pick up the slack, and vice versa when he doesn't have time. Everyone can cook and clean (both are easily learned!), so everyone should do their bit I think. Makes life easier....
  • When are we all going to get time for dirty rabbit sex while all this cooking and cleaning's going on?
  • We're women ... we can multi-task surely image
  • Exactly TP, bring it on! image Today i've cycled, put on a load of washing, made garlic bread, and once i've had (a late) lunch, i'll have lots of time for dirty rabbit sex. Alas there is no-one here to be dirty with.....

*sighs*
  • Oh dear Pea...just about as successful as me in the pub then!! image

In my last ltr I was very much the low earner, I was still finishing university as a mature (not that mature i'll have you know!) student and he was in a well paid professional job. Therefore to be able to do the social things he wanted to he had no choice but to pay for the majority of stuff, I always put something in the kitty but it was by no means even. We didn't live together and he was not the greatest in the kitchen so on a Sunday afternoon I would often make him a weeks supply of meals and freeze them individually as well as Sunday lunch and sort out his washing so things were kinda equal in a way.

• Corinthian wrote (see)
    In my job I've worked with several woman who regard themselves as radical feminists... they come up with bullshit such as E = MC squared is a 'sexed' equation because it 'privileges' male 'energy' ... a 'phallocentric thought construct'... Newton's Principia Mathmatica is a rape manual (Sandra Harding) and buying a woman flowers is a 'prelude to rape'... Oh... and never ever mention the word 'experiment' when teaching a class in front of a radical feminist - as an 'experiment' and the experimental method is the construct of white male, upper-class. Victorians and designed with the repression of women in mind, as experiments 'Privilege' (There's that word again) male logic over female intuition... In other words; according to at least one radical feminist, when medicines are tested they should be tested using 'female' intuition and not the male double blind scientific method... I dared to mention Marie Curie to said 'radical' and she blew a gasket... citing tokenism The frightening things is, is these woman might one day be getting paid good money for teaching your kids this nonsense... Anyway - relationships. When I'm in one I want to be out of it ASAP and then spend an inordinate amount of time trying to back get in one again; and it's not just about sex or adding notches to the bedpost... strange thing the human mind.
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)
    We're women ... we can multi-task surely image

image I have something to admit I really f**king hate feminists. I have to work a few things with them and while one or two of then are really nice people. No way I'm going to live life apologizing just for having a penis. Ones even asked me out in the past but no way I would consider going on a date with her, it would end in a murder.  As far as I'm concerned they are the female version of a sun reader.

Men can multi-task as well guys and girls. Look I'm typing eating tea and watching firefly on DVD all at the same time.

Oh also one of the feminists I know also thinks I must be gay because I can cook better than her. imageimage What a bigot!image

• Hmm, i'm not sure we can discount that woman's view until you've invited us all round for dinner and we leave satisfied. Okay, so i've no idea what that has to do with being gay or not, but I think you should cook us all dinner anyway. Just because. Can you make a crumble for afters please? image

Some women take the feminism thing tooooo far, and end up looking like moaning bee-atches without a good word to say about men. It is all a bit yawn-worthy. Men & women are different, but we can all do the same things, if we try, and there is no reason why we shouldn't be paid equally for doing the same work. Women should never think they can't be as good as a bloke, and should just do what they want in life. That's my idea of feminism. Any anyone that disagrees can kiss my big ass image Heh heh heh heh heh
  • imageHmm think I might prefer to be satisfied before we break for din-dins. imageimage

• Perosnally don't like being around people who make a big issue of their "independence" all the time, be they male or female.

When you get into a relationship you have to start compromising or surrendering some of your more cherished notions and behaviours or it will prob end one of three ways - you become whipped or you split up or you dominate the partnership  none of which are satisfactory.

Me and Mrs B have worked out what works for us: i spend 50-60 hours a week dealing with fuckwits and sacrificing my integrity and self respect in order to support her and the boys.

In return she makes me a pie every now and then. image

• Parklife wrote (see)
    When are we all going to get time for dirty rabbit sex while all this cooking and cleaning's going on?
    Shouldn't you clean the Rabbit after every use?  Surely a dirty one is not hygenic image
  • Lee the Pea wrote (see)
    Hmm, i'm not sure we can discount that woman's view until you've invited us all round for dinner and we leave satisfied. Okay, so i've no idea what that has to do with being gay or not, but I think you should cook us all dinner anyway. Just because. Can you make a crumble for afters please? image

Pea I used to bake crumbles for a living ask Aitch or Becky and they can tell you I know what I'm doing on that front. You would have had a massive box of brownies for outlaw if I had a lift to be able to deliever them to you. Your welcome round for tea any time open invite. Tonight for tea it was lamb steaks, with a mixed veg roast of sweet pot's, pot's, parsips and carrots. drisseled in olive oil and honey. It's my faverate disk at the moment and experimenting with how to cook it perfect. I really can cook when I have the time. imageimage

• *gets in the car and drives over to Cake's*
  • *if only to whisper 'Kit Thread' in his ear* image
  • Cake wrote (see)

image I have something to admit I really f**king hate feminists. I have to work a few things with them and while one or two of then are really nice people. No way I'm going to live life apologizing just for having a penis. Ones even asked me out in the past but no way I would consider going on a date with her, it would end in a murder.  As far as I'm concerned they are the female version of a sun reader.

Men can multi-task as well guys and girls. Look I'm typing eating tea and watching firefly on DVD all at the same time.

Oh also one of the feminists I know also thinks I must be gay because I can cook better than her. imageimage What a bigot!image

Do feminisists still exist, at leat in the original 1980s fat-is-a-feminist-issue form? 

My OH says the same as you Cake, but after a few heart to hearts we realised we think the same thing, and I'd call myself a feminist.  It's about equal opportunities, but with that comes equal responsibilities.  I married him as an equal, I don't expect a meal ticket.

As we're doing up a house and he's a builder, he does more traditional bloke roles (plastering, plumbing) whilst I've taken up the domestics, but it's about pulling together and doing what we're good at, not sexist bollocks about 'women's work'

Feminist doesn't mean 'hating men'.  If that's how they feel then it's whatever the female equivalent of misogynist is, and that's a very differnt (and rather sad IMHO) thing.

• There doesn't seem to be an equivalent word to misogynist Hash.  Perhaps we should invent one.

I call myself an egalitarian and I agree with you Hash about shared responsibilities and doing what you're most suited to/skilled at.  Although ... if there's something I really hate (like washing-up), I'm happy to give lessons and job-share that one!

• I'm allergic to washing up liquid Parklife (seriously!). And I milk it for all it's worth image
  • You won't be wanting a recipe for chemical-free homemade washing-up-liquid I occasionally make then Hash? image
  • The word is "misandry".

Not one I've ever heard in conversation i must say.

• *disappearing from the thread until I've thought of something plausible.......*
  • Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    *if only to whisper 'Kit Thread' in his ear* image

image I'm going through my in-box now it's on the list of things to do.

Hash when I mean femimists I mean the hard core types who wear dungeries and treat all man as a different species. Because of comunity work I do I have to deal with a few off them and they make life hard for me sometimes. I don't hate you kid you give me nice drinks for a start. image

• That's my view on it too Hash image
  • *jumps in car and tears off Cake-wards*

Mmmmmmmmm crumble image My favourite pudding of all I have to say. I always make double the crumble mixture, as it is my favourite bit. Nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

I hate washing up too. I wonder if anyone likes it? Like ironing. Who likes ironing? I just see it as time in my life I don't get back *sighs*

I'm with Parkie though, i'd rather be satisfied first before the domestics kick in imageimageimage
  • We are all different but yet equal.  I don't think that my inability to do diy has anything to do with me being a girl, it's to do with me not having then interest or the patience for it. Ditto gardening ... it's the devils work.

Sorry but I'm a dinner first person.  Wouldn't want the satisfaction to be interrupted by my rumbly tummy.

I quite like ironing image I'd happily do that for two provided I never had to do any gardening ever again.

• Dinner second - first could lead to indigestion/stitches later image

• image Pea whats your favorite type of crumble so I can surprise you one day?
  • TP, I'd happily let you do all my ironing for me image
  • Lee the Pea wrote (see)
    rhubarb crumble Cake imageimageimage
    Duely noted and remember I live in the rhubard triangle. Next time you have to go down south stop off in the shire and I'll cook you tea. image
  • cake , you will make someone a lovely wifeimage (its ok in know u a bloke)