Crap at relationships

Comments

• Awwwwww *gets sick bucket* heheheheimage
  • Sorry Lee! I'll try to hush now, I'll be grinning to myself in the corner image
  • Mimaduck hoped it worked out 

• *waves to slowfoot*

So few of us here now that the thread seems to have died a death

• Happy non-crappy new year to all the crapsters!

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

*pokes head in*

Happy new year everyone! Here's to a non-crappy year ahead! image

• happy new year  to the few left behind 

• Hello all!

Slowfoot, sorry I've not replied, been off the radar in here for a while. I am thrilled to announce it is all going swimmingly. We had a lovely Christmas together with SuperCaz as the guest of honour and it was grand. New year was a bit more sedate as I was ill and yucky and then hobbling but we are getting back to some semblance of normal now.

Come April we're moving in together properly and it will be fab to have all our stuff and lives under one roof rather than 2 counties!

Happy new year to all - hoping the year ahead is less crappy than the last! MWAH xxx

• Mduck

Happy to hear things not going badly for me either 2012 was a sh1T year in many ways but its gone and forgotten.

Anyway Disney this time next week and another go at the Goofy !

• 2012 was an... interesting?... challenging?... certainly life changing year.

I'm in a much better place than 12 months ago, but I still need to work at a few things.  Slowly adapting to living on my own and being completely independent, and in many ways I'm loving it.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    2012 was a truly crap year for me too. Is there better to come?
  • WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    If you decide there is better to come then there will be.
  • Happy New year all!! imageimageimage

Mima, didn't realise you were moving in together, congrats! image

2012 was a good year for me, going to the Olympics being the highlight!  Starting a new job in February too, so 2013 heralds a year of big changes and challenges image

• I really must join in.  I'm the most unmotivated person ever.....and I never manage to meet anyone!

• I meet loads of people, but none of them want me image

• SuperCaz wrote (see)

I meet loads of people, but none of them want me image

Hang on in there SuperCaz! If you are looking, have your requirements but don't be too fussy as it will most likely be the unlikeliest person that will 'hit' on you!

I think that often we look for someone we are keen on and are blind to those that are keen on us.image

Even if your swimming etc has top priority in your mind show others' that you can be flexible so that your sports pursuits are not to the exclusion of all else. 

Happy New Year

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

I found it easier just to give up completely. After a number of years of getting absolutely nowhere I came to the conclusion I really wasn't what the ladies are looking for.

• Thanks Martenkay image  but to be honest I'm not really ready for anything yet.  I've spent my whole life as part of a couple and I have no idea who I am as an individual.  I need to find myself first

• Eggy, I refuse to believe that there isn't somebody out there for you.  Maybe you are just looking in the wrong place

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Supercaz I was coupled up for a long time (17 years), but ended up being kicked to the curb. I've been single for a good few years now and have given up on ever meeting someone new.

I took a year out after splitting up as I didn't want to do the rebound thing. In hindsight that was pointless, as I've never been able to get anywhere meeting someone where we've hit it off never mind in a rebound situation. I think trying online dating was the last straw for me. Two years on multiple sites and got nowhere at all, by the end of that any ego I had or dating enthusiasm had been well and truly killed off.

It was Christmas 2011 I finally decided I'd had enough. I was never a popular one with the ladies even in my youth and it seems little has changed. I've just adapted that some things I wanted in life aren't going to happen. I won't have a family etc. I now just focus on doing my own thing. I did get set-up on one blind date this year, but that was a one and out for me. No real surprise in that though.

I hope you find the single life better than I did after coming out of your relationship.

• Eggyh if it's any help from a conpleate stranger that's very much the situation i was in 3 to 4 years ago. A few (well a lot) of conversations later about Zombie's, nutcase's off the internet and gardening later and now punching well above my weight. Hopefully the young lady will never realise it and go arr you smell of cheese or something. image

image Oh heck thinking abotu ti we have now got our CD and DVD colection in the same pile so help. Don't anybody tell her!

• Internet Dating is the biggest pile of poop ever!

Illiterate idiots after one thing seems to be the majority of men on there! And my idea of athletic and their idea of atheltic don't seem the same at all!

Eggy - I've given up too! I do think now I have ruined myself totally image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Cake - Nice to hear it's working out for you. I'd be useful in zombie discussions, less so on gardening!

SwimsLikeAWalrus - Internet dating was certainly eye opening. I could post a large rant about my experiences of that, but it would be futile. I will say had I seen that bloody Marylin Monroe quote one more time I think it would have pushed me over the edge though.

• Internet is dating is a like a weird game of poker when half the people say one thing and meen something else. image

• RW as an internet dating site, on the other hand, it worked for me ! image

• And me!

But I am not Mrs MikeFrog image
  • greetings crapsters - nice to see this one up again

I'm still crap, although keeping busy. Can't really complain about last year with the olympics and paras, despite all sorts of other stuff - puts an overrall positive gloss on the year. I did less training than ever last year only partly explained by surgery. This is the year of the superfit love god, now all that is over with. I have a few internet stories, but no real disasters, just no winners. Have dated people i know through work although I really am not that keen on a relationship with someone that does my job - the trouble is I like clever feisty women (specs welcome) and plenty of them do the job!! The trick is to keep buggering on and something will happen. In fairness I am probably still getting over the end of what was after all a 20 year thing. Only just over a year in my new place.

There's a lot of that RW love going round - need to be vigilant

• PS we are in similar situations.  It will be a year since I split from my 20 year relationship come next month.  I've not been single since I became an adult and its fun trying to work out who I am as an individual.

Occassionally I miss company especially when I'm ill, although I have a lot of friends who look out for me, but I don't feel the need to have someone around which surprises me.  I'm a social creature and hated being on my own in the house when I was coupled up, but I seem to have got over that very quickly.

I've got the the stage where if someone comes along they will be welcome, but on my terms and a casual basis.  I can't imagine organising my life around someone else and sharing my living space with someone, but I like the idea of being special to someone.

• Caz you are special to alot of people so there. image

image Errr does that sound dodgy on some level?