Options

The object to your left

Comments

• Options

This is where being an untidy slob comes in handy.

To my left I have

• 2 Scalple blades
    • 2 pairs scissors
    • 3 stacks CD's
    • ink
    • 'silkimiz'
    • sewing pins
    • needles
    • prit stick
    • chain
    • decorative punch
    • crystal lacuer
    • calculator
    • pages from a deconstructed book
    • cotton thread
    • Book - 'Gods word to the child'
    • various pieces of fabric
    • pocket watch
    • various pens and pencils
    • glitter
    • rotating thing with sharp points
    • tape
    • embossing stylus
    • pink ribbon
    • sweing projects
    • art projects
    • cup of green tea
  • Options
    Sorry appear to have accidentally posted before I'd finished, shall I continue?
  • Options
    SP13SP13 ✭✭✭
    absolutely - plus a plan showing what you are going to do with everything (apart from hide behind it all) image
  • Options

I have my leave form, waiting to be signed by my boss.  If you can let me know the date of the upcoming invasion, I can book some more days off and be somewhere else.

Alternatively, I could wait 3 minutes, and then to the left of me will be an auditor.  Well, that's been the frequency of their visits this week.  See previous suggestion of Zombie Fodder.  There are 4 of them today, and we have another batch due in next week. image

• Options

Ha ha - what a great thread.

To my left I have nothing less than a world leading university physics department. Who ordered the zombie fodder? image

• Options

I have a staple gun.

Kapow!

• Options
    My phone - there must be a app for killing Zombies?
  • Options
    Strictly speaking I have a box of tissues to my immediate left.  Stretching the point slightly I have a rather chunky colleague also on my left hand side- I could douse him in chilli sauce (or similar) and hope the zombies suffer from a (re-)fatal bout of indigestion. 
  • Options
    (re-)fatal - brilliant!! image
  • Options

To the left of my monitor is my work laptop. There would be zombiecide if I handed it to them and asked nicely  "See if you can get that 6 month old piece of HP tech working properly"

Zombiecide wouldn't occur straight away, but it would take all of the zombie army several full days to "take a look at it" before they became so frustrated they went for each other.

• Options

A pile of 300 invitations I have to stuff into envelopes and two brunch bars.

Maybe I could lure them in with the chocolate and then bore them to death with envelope stuffing?

• Options
    A guide to The Ridgeway - I could lure them out there and hope they get hopelessly lost (like I always do).
  • Options
    A double decker bus. Would have good zombie squishing potential but may not destroy the brain. Unfortunately just beyond the bus is the hospital-which would probably be the first place the infected would be taken so not a good place to be!
  • Options
    image You have a double decker bus in your office/house???  How BIG is your office/house???
  • Options

So to surmise, our collective plans are:

• Attempt to bore the zombie to death - if this fails
    • provide an alternative target in the form of a disliked colleague or similar - if this fails -
    • run away - if this fails -
    • attack with item of food

Great plans so far. image

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Alybea wrote (see)
    Crash Hamster wrote (see)
    You could lure them into an unsafe building with teh apple, then wait for them to die of asbestosis?

Do Zombies use their lungs?Sarah...?

I could just hide under my desk and sustain myself with my apple until they go away?

Well, if Romero is right (and he is), zombies don't breath. What with them being dead an' all. So the asbestosis plan might need a rethink image

If I turn my laptop to around a bit, then to the left of it would be the garden. In which there is a shed, containing a lawn mower, hedge loppers, garden shears, etc. Zombies? Bring 'em on image

• Options

Further along the wall from my PC is my old collection of vinyl LP's (in a cupboard ... but hey I reckon I could beat the zombies to it!!) .. and as we all know from Shaun of the Dead, there's nothing better at taking out your local undead malcontent than a swift Duran Duran double album to the head!

(Please note I don't actually own a Duran Duran album it was for illustrative purposes only!)

• Options

hmmm....  the object on my left is a pile of recent asylum statistics of cases dispersed by the Home Office to Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrecsam...

... not much of a weapon but perhaps I could bore someone to death...

• Options

I have a mug of hot tea, my reading glasses (which is why I'm struggling to type) a new prescription for 100mcg of thyroxine and a tape measure.

How to kill a zombie using that lot: Put specs on so I can see clearly. Throw mug of tea over zombie, then while it's screaming in pain, (do they feel pain BTW?) OD with thyroxine.

The tape measure would be for making sure the coffin fits.

• Options
    I think the thyroxine would worked - just looked at wiki and it says that 'feeding' salt to a zombie will force it to return to the grave - also that the animation only lasts for a finite amount of time - so the boring 'to death' may just proove to be a workable plan.
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Ah, but that's a voodoo zombie. If we're talking zombie apocalypse, there'd probably be some virus/toxin/space dust from Venus, so salt probably wouldn't work image

To my left now is a book entitled 'Phil Vickery's Puddings'. It's pretty hefty, so I could whack a zombie with it, or bake lots of nice food and feed them to the point at which they explode, á la the Solanum virus image

• Options
    Mmmm to my left is my clothes rail containing an assortment of messily hung (unhung!!) clothes, training stuff and work uniforms oh and a feather duster...

Plan a) Hide in clothes rail

Plan b) send them stir crazy by asking them to help me find and outfit for tonight's jolly to the pub.

Plan c) tickle them into submission

Job done, feeling safe and well prepped image
  • Options
    CazSoul wrote (see)
    image You have a double decker bus in your office/house???  How BIG is your office/house???

My office at the time was the street and I was bored waitngfor my perpetually late friend to come for lunch.

If my living room was longer you might get a single decker bus in ...... though how it would get up the stairs.......

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    To my left is a packet of sweets, there are two left, and the zombies aren't having them. *stuffs sweets in mouth and pulls door shut so they can't see me*
  • Options

I've got an iron, ironing board, hair dryer and straighteners.

So i shall make sure they have good hair when i smack them around the head!

• Options

Now the fit of the giggles has cleared, I'll try and answer the question

I have a stack of boxes that are supposed to help me keep things tidy - this does include the sewing things, so two pairs of large scissors, several smaller pairs, needles, pins and a rather nasty unpicking device are included.

Slightly further left is the cuddly toy pile, including a 4ft orange and white teddy bear, imaginatively called Big Ted

my plan: hide behind Big Ted and his friends, having used the cotton to make trip wires and scattered the pins on the floor (a dropped pin ALWAYS ends up in your foot - well known fact) when the zombies arrive and trip over, I can unpick their seams with the unpicker and their insides will fall out and I'll wish I'd stayed hidden behind Big Ted.

• Options
    HL, I've got a nasty rotary cutter that will help in the unravelling.
  • Options

safe as houses me, ........................................ 2 tool bags one with a gas powered nail gun in.

bring em on image

• Options
    I've got a DVD tower thingy with about 200 DVDs in it, so I could join Bruce in trying to decapitate the buggers by using the DVDs like frisbees. I've also got a pile of books and a lamp, so i could blind them with the light, throw some hefty books at them, crack them over the noggin with the DVD tower then try to leg it image

Sorted.