Rotary Shakespeare MARATHON

Comments

• We'll just have to take the weather as it comes, can't do much about it, and it's too late to regret too much/little training now. Bring it on image

We're driving up from Londinium today, two us running in Pirate kit tomorrow hoping for a low 4 finish which will be a whopping PB for me. I usually do a bit of a swim/cycle warm up first, so this will be only my 2nd standalone marathon, after London 2 years back.

Safe travels, and I dont see you at the start, good luck tomorrow image

• wrexhamrobwrexhamrob ✭✭✭

hi chaps - about to leave North Wales - busy working week , and the trauma of the not so mighty Wrexham losing at home to Luton in the play off semi ist leg Thursday -- painful !

i'm staying on Evesham road and out for pasta tonight somewhere

hoping for 4hr 15- (Pb is 4 17, & stratford last year 4 19 )

but as ever a finish not absolutely trashed will be ok

Buckley runners on front & back of T or vest , welsh dragon cap

say hello if you see me - all best hope its a good one

• Best of luck to all tomorrow, did 2 miles this morning so that's 579 training for the race, seems so long since I did a long run.

Decided to try to run to a set pace for the whole race using my Garmin aiming for a PB of anything under 4 hrs., not sure if staring at my watch for the whole race is good but will try it once.    

• Wrexhamrob/anyone wanting to eat tonight, its a good idea to book a table somewhere, last thing you want is to be trapsing round stratford tonight trying to find food! On the train halfway there, plan to check in then hit the hotel gym for stretching and jacuzzi,
    Will be in the pub afterwards, the one nearest the start line
    Agree Richard - hopefully sorted by a pal from Fetcheveryone
    Brian - good luck. Enjoy your first time. Yes it's mainly in the head now, just don't do any diy or step on any broken glass, yes I do get paranoid in taper week. Right must drive on ~ from Frankly M5 services to Stratford
    See You all tomorrowimage
  • Hope everyone has a great run, and is bouncing down the Greenway at the end.

J
  • Jaseyshef wrote (see)
    Hope everyone has a great run, and is bouncing down the Greenway at the end. J
    I think that only Kanga bounces, the rest of us float.
  • Good luck to you all you marathoners tomorrow. I'm doing just the half and am in awe of what you are all achieving! Let the Greenway be with you! imageimage
  • ringo100ringo100 ✭✭✭
    good luck to everyone tomorrow. Looks like being cooler than last year.image
  • Just chilling in my B&B, getting a bit nervy now. Hoping for sub 4hrs.

Look out for a red asics vest, bald head and yellow running sunglasses. image

• Well tomorrow will be my first half, chilling at home before an early start.

Good luck to all tomorrow running both full and half marathons. I'll be wearing something nondescript probably black, but I'll keep an eye out for everyone else.

Weather looks ok, not too hot, and possibly dry?

• The car is all packed ready for an early start, but the weather here in Worcester is shocking. Absolutely persisting down! Hopefully it will be better in Stratford tomorow.

Good luck to all: and as a wise man (wiser than me) once said, "A marathon is won in the last six miles, not the first six."

See you all at the start line; and some of you at the finish line sometime (just) before the six hour limit is up!

• Dave

What time are you planning on getting there for?

Just deciding what car park to park in......ummm

• Well Gazelle, the car parks are pretty busy already tbh. Seemed to be alot of runners arriving today. I'd be here by 8:30 latest.

• Thankyou Dombres

Excited and nervous now.

Just one more look at the weather forecast then off to have a restless sleep. Not sure why I have checked the weather about 10 times already today as will wear the same come rain or shine lol

• Yep, tipping it down here too, about 20 minutes away. Think its gonna have to be an early one to try and find somewhere to park. More nervous about that tbh
  • Tom1759 wrote (see)

yeah hopefully that won't be too bad GTC.

Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)
    Tom1759 wrote (see)

Lincoln City fan here...not looking forward to Saturday one bit

yeah, come five o'clock tomorrow I'll be a nervous wreck no matter what happens. I always said (when I moved away) that I'd return and watch them week in week out if they ever got relegated, feel like I'm tempting fate now

Tom, sorry things didn't work out today, hope they bounce back up next year.

• Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)
    Jaseyshef wrote (see)
    Hope everyone has a great run, and is bouncing down the Greenway at the end. J
    I think that only Kanga bounces, the rest of us float.
    More likely rolling after 3 pints, paella, and desert tonight image
  • Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)
    Tom1759 wrote (see)

yeah hopefully that won't be too bad GTC.

Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)
    Tom1759 wrote (see)

Lincoln City fan here...not looking forward to Saturday one bit

yeah, come five o'clock tomorrow I'll be a nervous wreck no matter what happens. I always said (when I moved away) that I'd return and watch them week in week out if they ever got relegated, feel like I'm tempting fate now

Tom, sorry things didn't work out today, hope they bounce back up next year.

Well on the positive side, tickets might be cheaper next year...hopefully we'll be back, and quickly too, I'm not convinced we'd bounce back if we get stuck down too long.

Good luck tomorrow everyone

Sat in B&b watching match of the day, trying not to be too depressed remembering when wrexham played Blackpool & Wigan in the league image looks like more blue square next year, if we can keep the crux of th plAy off team ??

Still persisting it down here in Stratford
  • Well that was a bit of a disaster for me...how'd you all get on?

I think the only high point was chatting to someone in a Lincoln shirt, always good to share your misery with someone. Other than that a day of pain for me

• Unofficial time is 2:57:08 so a good result. It is all on garmin.
  • ringo100ringo100 ✭✭✭
    well done you certainly delivered the goods.
  • Well done Phillip great effort. I missed out on the a goal of sub 4 but a 15 min pb of 4.07 is not a bad 2nd prize. garmin was a bit out was yours?
  • wow Phillip well done.

I'm over the moonimage, met up with Dave, Peter, Paul and Katy at the start from this thread. Katy did her own race and the rest of us stayed together for the first 20 miles, Thanks guys you were such a help. As soon as we hit the greenway we all went our own way, I brought up the rear as i suffered with cramp so I ran/walked the last few miles.

I'm still so happy as my unoffical time is 3.45.33 so I have GFA for London 2012

I will let the other guys and Gal tell you their times

Thanks to this thread and everyones help today, I couldnt of done it without you.

Take care

Linzi

• Richard Hill 17 wrote (see)
    Well done Phillip great effort. I missed out on the a goal of sub 4 but a 15 min pb of 4.07 is not a bad 2nd prize. garmin was a bit out was yours?
    PBs are always good. Garmin was almost 100% spot on, 26.24 total and beeped at the mile markers on auto lap.
  • Well done on the sub 3 Philip, you were definitely sounding sharp in the weeks leading up. So much for going through halfway at 93 minutes. Very sharp.

Failed on my attempt for a GFA place. Doing well upto 24 miles on for a 3:07 finish, unfortunately a colly dog ran right in front of me and had to hurdle it landing badly. Tried to run after but had tweaked the hamstring in my right leg. Walked the rest finishing in 3:29. Gutted at the mo, I'd be running London definitely next year if they kept their dogs on a lead. Anyway enough whinging!

Congrats folks!
  • CNN sorry to hear that mate, that is just an awful thing to happen
  • PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Just popping on to congratulate everyone. I was cheering everyone on along Greenway at 24.5 miles (probably making a bit of a racket with my music and bells - sorry - I get easily carried away!) and saw the dog in question, probably moments before he ran in front of you CJ. I couldn't believe that the dog owners were just letting it run around, as it wasn't just you who was affected.

Big well done to Katy, if you're reading this. Hope the diet coke helped - an acquired taste in the latter stages of a marathon! I'll eat the chocolate myself.
  • Congratulations everyone - some really speedy runners on this thread

I was really pleased with my time - 4:30  which was my target. but I now have very sore feet - blisters on blisters - ouch!

Pipes - thanks for the music and jingle bells - as I went past I heard "we are the champions" which was playing in my head til the end - kept my feet moving image