Child Benefit to be scrapped for higher earners

167891012»

Comments

• Candy makes me laugh image

And Barley, I agree with something you put a couple of pages back about FS being important etc, and about the shares we now own.  Also, banking doesn't happen in a vacuum.  The regulators allowed much of went on to happen.  It's just too easy and lazy to blame bankers, just as it is to blame anyone claiming benefit.

We can bleat on about bonuses as much as we like, but it makes bugger all difference.  It's a concern of an individual business how much they pay their employees.  Interfere too much and they clear off to Hong Kong or mainland China.  They'll happily take the tax revenue we currently get and let them do what they like with their bonuses.  It's not fair and we don't have to like it but it's incredibly naive to think we can drastically change it.

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

I was Wilkie!

I thought my pun had slid past unnoticed!

• BDD interesting point but its hogwash to say that the Treasury could sell its bank shares now for a profit !

If they started selling then the price would plummet so thereis no way that they would get todays traded value for them all or anything like it. 

It will be a very very long time before the Treasury can recoup this cash and it has to be said that those in the FS industry who made hay on deregulation have to take some responsibility for a shit storm they created. 

Many many other sectors have businesses that fail and those folk have to deal with the consequences what cheeses people off with the FS sector and leads to the bashing is pots of cash for success and hand outs for failure.