Options

North Dorset Village Marathon

Comments

• Options
    I did my 20 mile race yesterday, East Hull 20. I had been suffering from sore quads due to an 'intensive' deep tissue massage 9 days before so was anxious about how this would go. Finished in 3:34 which I was really happy with as it is about the pace I want to do my marathon at. Quads were a bit stiff but not painful. They are really sore this morning though!
  • Options

I may start looking for a unique bottle to deposit at one of the drink stations! 

21 miler completed yesterday with no real issues - a great boost with 6 weeks to go.  Hope to be feeling as good on the 1st May.

• Options

Course now signed.

White directional arrows at juntions, yellow mile markers and red paint used to position water stops and sponge stations.

• Options
    TCPTCP ✭✭✭
    Hi all.  Just signed up and got a place.  Very happy about that.  It sounds like a special race.  Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I like jogging like nature like MapleStory Mesos
  • Options
    Is it my imagination, or was this race listed as "Race Full"? I would love to have entered it weeks ago but had to find an alternative. I'll just have to try again in 2012. Paul
  • Options

The race was full but due to retirements (injuries etc... ) I have reopened entries.

Unlike most races we offer a 'retirement package' ie you can get a full refund, donate your entry fee or pass your entry to another runner should you find yourself unable to take part. The entry then gets offered the first person on the waiting list or should there be no waiting list, online entries are reopened on runners' world.

• Options
    Sounds good! It's a shame that other races don't do likewise. Paul
  • Options
    well done the trotters for useing there brains
  • Options

Race Information for marathon runners now available from the website

http://www.ndvm.co.cc/downloads/NDVM Final Instructions.pdf

(Note that to view the above you need to have Adobe Reader installed)

• Options
    3 weeks to go then, time to start tapering. How's everyone's training gone, all ready for the big day?

Personally mine's been a bit up and down, 20 mile pb (surrey spitfire) 20 mile slowest (meon valley), currently got cold, hay fever and over training all in one so missed out on my last long run this week, hopefully I've done enough.

Hopefully weather will be a bit cooler than those that did Brighton this weekend.
  • Options
    It was pretty chilly last year, the sun came out at the start and I ditched my gloves, bad move. Last long run (VLM) on Sunday then ready for the big one!
  • Options

Just managed to sneak into this race as a couple of places were available last night...... just the ticket for a long weekend in Dorset!

Looking forward to the run very much, need to have a read through the runner info later. Not sure how I'll do - have just done the Brighton Marathon, so hopefully two and a bit weeks will be enough time for the muscles to return to normal!

I got round Brighton in 4:08 - is anyone here of similar ability?

• Options
    Having missed out on a place last night while hunting down accomodation I am now on the waiting list.  Hope to see you all there image
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Hope so USB image

Does not know of any local campsite? 

• Options
    I've got some nice accomodation sorted in Sherbourne complete with porridge at 7 am image  I may end up having a romantic weekend in Dorset instead
  • Options

anyone know what time this race kicks of f.

and dear secretary that link don,t seem to be working all i get is the file is broken ,that encludes the one you sent to me by email 

• Options

I am not sure why it doesn't work... The file is there and is ok.

What browser are you using? Have you got Adobe Reader installed?

If you send me an email I will send you back the pdf but it's rather large that's why I did not mail it to everyone...

• Options
    I've discovered that for some reason the web police at work won't let me look at the website!
  • Options
    yes have got adobe reader, will try again
  • Options
    I got a late entry for this one after a disappointing race in Lochaber a couple of weeks ago - going for either another crack at a PB or a scenic country run depending on the temperature and state of legs on the day!

Having a tough time finding workable accommodation without a car though (was planning on coming by train to Gillingham) - anyone know a local B&B which is friendly enough to offer a lift to the race start? Am assuming that any local taxis will be totally booked up. I've been working through the list on the event website but no luck yet.
  • Options

Hi all,

This is going to be my first marathon.  Have done a few half marathons and finished between 1hr40m - 1hr50m.  But the training for a marathon has been a killer.....really struggling at the 15 - 18 mile mark, really struggling.

Will be happy with anything around 4hrs (probably more like 4.5hrs).

See you all on the day!

(A VERY nervous)

Lee

• Options

There is a list of local B&B on the website. Some of those offer lift to the start.

Alternatively let me know and I can ask if some of our marshals could help.

• Options
    Thank you, that's very kind. Would you mind asking if any of your marshals are driving from any town nearby and would be willing to offer a lift? (happy to pay petrol or help out however needed to say thanks). Then I can try and find accommodation near wherever they are coming from.

Everything in Sturminster Newton is booked out according to the tourist office, and I've tried those B&Bs who also offer lifts to the start on your list but no luck so far... had 9 'nos' and no 'yeses'!

*EDIT* Just heard that there is a last minute cancellation which I can take at a B&B in Sturminster Newton so actually I will be fine for transport. Thank you again for the offer though.
  • Options
    I have just sent an email to the race organisers to add me to the waiting list. I had a bad race at London at the weekend and need to get my marathon mojo back.

Is there anyone out there who has a place that they don't want anymore?

Thanks in advance.

• Options

Ran an easy 10 miles today, just a couple of runs in the week and that will be it.  Ate too much dinner and chocolate afterwards - perhaps I can just put it down to over enthusiastic refueling!  Bit more chocolate this evening me thinks.  The weather forecast looks like it will be cooling during the week which would be welcome for Sunday. 

• Options

hi folks, full on taper mode now.....

Looking very much forward to the event.

Here's to hoping that it will cool down between now and Sunday,,,,,

• Options
    TCPTCP ✭✭✭
    Mark_Stokes wrote (see)

Looking forward to the run very much, need to have a read through the runner info later. Not sure how I'll do - have just done the Brighton Marathon, so hopefully two and a bit weeks will be enough time for the muscles to return to normal!

I got round Brighton in 4:08 - is anyone here of similar ability?

Snap - I did Brighton, I am keeping my fingers crossed that my legs will recover enough for me to enjoy North Dorset and I ran Brighton in 4:06 (wanted 3:50 but had a bad day in the heat).  I'll be happy with Sub 4 but I have no idea what I will be like.  I've never run two marathons in such a short space of time before.
  • Options

well i guess most of the hard works done now ,just hope the weather is right for the day

• Options
    @mark_stokes - snap, did Lochaber the same day and was 10 mins off my target in the heat!
    I've had a few jogs and cold baths between but no hard training - figured recovery was more important than distance now. Fingers crossed for Sunday