North Dorset Village Marathon

1235»

Comments

• Best wishes for all taking part,

1st marathon for me,so not to sure what to expect , 

will be setting off at 05 30 so its an early start.

Hope everyone enjoyes the day.

• TCPTCP ✭✭✭

Wow, that was tough for me.  Pain in my hip and right leg from the first mile.  Nearly turned back at mile 2.  Thought I'd just run to mile 7 for the relay point and then get a lift back.  Then just 5 more miles to the next relay point.  By that point, I hurt all over but I was half way round so I convinced myself that I might as well finish.  Last 3 miles were torture with a big, painful knot in my right calf.

Finished in 4:29:58, 30 minutes slower than expected.  But I loved the course.  I really want to do it again when I'm fit.  It was fast and pretty.  Loads of friendly marshalls and well supplied water stations.  Top marks to all the organisers and all the friendly runners I met on the way round.

A quick mention to the two Americans I met who live in Naples.  They had flown in for their first ever visit to the UK to run this race.  I hope they enjoyed it.

• Great race, I loved it, everyone so friendly, both fellow runners and all the superb organisers and marshals.
  • Is the second time I have run this race and have to say I am very impressed still. I would find it impossible to fault anything about the organisation, and the tee-shirt at the end is top draw also.
  • TCP, very well done for completing the race, it was far tougher than I had anticipated also. I didn't see any of the 3.50 pacing group until the finish! Made the classic mistake of setting off too fast and had to run walk last 5 miles but managed to finish in 3hrs 41mins so achieved my target! Big thanks to the wonderful marshals and race organisers for a great event. And it was good to meet sean g on the minibus!
  • Well done Megster!

I was the one walking and hobbling in the last six miles due to nausea and cramp.

Not a good day for me, but the event was great and could not be faulted.

Many thanks to the gentleman on the bicycle with the red shirt who sorted out my cramp somewhere around mile 22. I doubt that I would have finished without your expert intervention!

I finished in 3.51. Megster, I wonder if you breezed past me in the latter stages; lots of people did!

• Well done Megster on achieving your target.

Thought the bus at the end was excellent touch. I would not have wanted to walk much more.
  • Megster,

Congrats on the 3.41 and good to atcually see you (well, seeing anyone from the 3.50 pacing group was good!). You can only try!

I did see Andy N4 just before the 18 mile point but he was suffering after a fast start too.

3.44 for me with decent negative split but I guess that was due to the slow-ish start waiting for people to find me! Doh!

Oh well, Halstead and Essex Marathon next  week for me.

I do like this one, so much so I make 320 mile/6 hour round trip for it!

• Great day .

Well done to the organisers /marshalls and everyone else that took part  .

Really enjoyed my 1st marathon  thought the wind was a bit strong in places but hey ho you cant have everything .

Met  some wonderful people and am amazed by how many marathons some have run .

• Lovely race, did it last year as my first marathon and it's what got me addicted. Delighted to go sub 4 for the first time 2 weeks after London too. Such a friendly, well organised race and beautiful scenery, see you all again next year!
  • Thanks Sean for trying to spur me on! 

4 hrs 10 mins for me, a disaster really.  I had terrible cramp from about mile 18.....in my calves, quads.....even my toes were sort of spasming under my feet.  I think perhaps I just didn't drink enough. not being used to running in that sort of heat.  You live and learn.

But and excellent event, very well organised.  I'll have to have another go sometime.

• REally enjoyed the race, thought it was well organised, especially the personalised drink stations, can't fault it. Found it tough going in the last few miles and finished in 4.03 rather than sub 4. Good souvenir t shirt too.
  • I thought this was a fantastic race, I beat my PB by 1 hour 27 mins!!!!!!! with a time of 3:45 (previous PB was run offroad), am so chuffed as I have to say I hadn't really trained very well for it.

This was my first ever road marathon and I thought the organisation was superb and the course was great (relatively flat compared to the NE Hants hills I train on).

Congratulations to everyone (runners and organisers/marshalls) I certainly plan to do this again.

• Oh yeah - I loved the beer at the finish line too.  Very tasty and much nicer than that silly water stuff!
  • Well done Jonnyhotpants. You must have either being following me close behind or I shot past you on the 1.5 mile run in.

2.18 next time out then? image

Beer? Did I miss the beer?image

• Thanks Sean G I must have been just behind you as I had a cracking run in the last 1.5 miles and don't think anyone got past me. 

Yeah 2.18 shouldn't be a problem on my current form image

The beer was on the same table as the water and coke - 2 kegs of it to be precise.  I was told to help myself - thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!!

• BEER????????

Must have gone when I got there!!!
  • SeelaSeela ✭✭✭
    There was some there when the last runner finished. I know 'cos I was doing the timekeeping and it waited until you all finished (nobody wants a drunk timekeeper)! image
  • Well, firstly thanks for doing the timekeeping, great work. Secondly, I hope you drunk all that was left afterwards.....!!!