Marathon - single lap!

Are there any single lap marathons for 2011 (as most the one that I have found listed are multiple) and I would prefer the single approach? image

Comments

• Amsterdam, Paris (I think), Somme Poppy marathon, Nice-Cannes, Marathon du Medoc. 

I guess they have more room in France!

I wouldn't fancy a multi lap mara either.

• London, Beachy Head, Snowdonia (I think) are all single loops - am sure there must be many more
  • Greensand is an out and back so not technically a lap.

Farnham Pilgtim is an out and back over part of the course.

Venice is one way.

Florence, Rome, Parma, Milan and Turin are all one way (I think)

• Brighton?
  • Does London count as a lap or point-to-point?
  • Point to point, surely?  Nice-Cannes is also p-t-p.
  • yeh - you're right - London is a point to point in reality as is Brighton which has a double back section in 2 places - up one side and down the other side of the road after a 180 turn
  • Berlin is a single lap

• Halstead is a one lap if I remember correctly
  • ClagClag ✭✭✭

Moray Marathon in September image 

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Chester or Gold coast marathon in Aus
  • Loch Ness - point to point.
  • Windermere - once round the lake

Isn't there a new one planned early in the year down Blackpool way?  I thought that was an out&back route

Lochaber - out&back?

I believe Edinburgh is point to point

• Robin Hood marathon in Nottingham would seem to fit the bill, you run a half marathon with the half marathon runners and then the second half is on a different route altogether, so not a multiple lap race

R

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    CumbriAndy

there was one planned for Blackpool as I and a few others had entered then it said race callanced and also had an email telling me there would be no more Blackpool marathons but I did get my money back