Virgin London Marathon 2011 First Timers

1186187188189190192»

Comments

• Eggy. - I am a bit confused now? I thought that my reg today means I am in the ballot, and need do nothing till October? I dont think there is a further email in 10 days??? I'm dong the JPM too, can't recall which day though, and yes, just under 3 miles.

Got the Canary hWarf 10k in 3 weeks, then nowt really till September when me and Kneesy and some others are doing the Demon Run in Bracknell. I'll post the link in FB. Incidentally a few of us still use the FB group, so if you want in post below!

Doing the GSR again and then it is a question of Hellrunner, Salomon Turbo X or both!

Miggs- my 2 medals look lovely image

• I thought it was the first to 125,00 and then it closes, seem to remember it took just over 24hrs last year, so if you've registered on the first day and have been early with it, you are virtually in for the October decision. I had an e-mail on the 28th April last year congratulating me on my inclusion in the ballot, although I haven't had one this time, have anybody else?

With the regards the JPM , it's on Thursday 12th July I believe, I work for ExxonMobil in Newport and I'm on 6-2, so it's getting the permission off the local company to release me [very unlikely], so it could be a case of getting cover.

• Yep, Phatboy, you are correct - Registration for the ballot & then everything crossed until October when you either get a congrats pack  imageor aCommiserationsimage..

Eggy, I think you are refering to the "your in the ballot" e-mail - unless of course you're one of those super freak good for age dudes are you??? I think they get in early..

• Nah, me no 'freak-good for ages'! That's the one Helen, isn't it a confirmation e-mail then? I know I had a payment notification e-mail yesterday. On a slightly different matter, last year , like this year's application, I ticked the box to donate my entrance fee to charity, if I didn't get in, with previso that I get a VLM fleece for donating the fee, but I didn't receive one in the end, anybody else do the same? Or did I get that wrong too? DO'H!
  • I got my commiserations mag & a huge fleece image.. Lost my mojo & grew into it! Lol.. Now normal size & Mojo returned.... 
  • .... I think that I should persue it and demand my fleece! image

Same here with running 'mojo', it seems to come in waves after good or bad news in October! image

• I got my email immediately yesterday, but there is another thread on here with peeps who don't have one yet...system overload methinks.

I did not do the pay up front and donate to charity when you get the 'Dear John' letter. I have raised so much for charity in the last 2 years and donated a shed load too, that I have foregone that (and the coat, which I already have) and will stump up if I am lucky enough to get in.

Eggy - my company is July 11th anyway image so wouldn't have seen you!