The Vit 2011

Comments

• Saffers wrote (see)
    image  Trogs I am liking your boss! image

Yeah, me too (gotta say that just in case she reads this thread image)

Tired Legs (Mrs Punch) wrote (see)
    If I put my name here I have to do it right?  

Too right Tired Legs, your're committed now image

• loulabell wrote (see)

oh no. my name is on itimageno escape.

how much is entry to VIT btw.....image

Was just over £100 this year I believe, although if you're doing a relay thing then I don't know if the prices are different?  Why you only doing a relay bit Loulabell?

If I put my name here I have to do it right? 

Have most of the gear, don't have wet suit, crap at swim (trying to learn front crawl bleeding hard), bike (learnt to balance on it this year and move forward, but can people and thier cars bugger off) and run (can actually run if slow) so what have I to lose image

You and me both Tired Legs!  Reckon we must be about the same level at the moment, but it'll make it all the more special when we cross the finish line image
  • cos i aint got a bike n i HATE  swimmin-ruins blonde hairimage

...although looks like i will be doing all three if someone doesnt  do relay...image

• Hey TST if you've already done Dorney that puts you 100% ahead of me.  I really must start getting on the blooming bike.
  • imagedespite my last post i'll quite happily run n run n run.....
  • I WANT TO BE A VITRUVIAN

Bootsie
    Colourin (shivering whippet)
    Nicko
    Saffers
    Schmunkee
    ShuffleB
    Soup
    Trogs
    Two-Stroke Tart
    Tired Legs

Relay teams

1 Swim -
    Bike -
    Run - Loulabell
  • Tired Legs (Mrs Punch) wrote (see)
    Hey TST if you've already done Dorney that puts you 100% ahead of me.  I really must start getting on the blooming bike.
    Are you planning to do some others before the Vit?  Must say you're braver than me, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't have some idea of how much it was going to kill me!! image  image  Just starting to get out a bit on my bike, still getting used to having a road bike rather than a 'trucking around town' bike.  Can you get to a spinning class?  I've only been doing it once a week for a month, but I'm noticing a diference already, especially up hills (not that we really have what you'd call 'hills' here in Norfolk!
  • I WANT TO BE A VITRUVIAN

Bootsie
    Colourin (shivering whippet)
    Nicko
    Prince Siegfried
    Saffers
    Schmunkee
    ShuffleB
    Soup
    Trogs
    Two-Stroke Tart
    Tired Legs

Relay teams

1 Swim -
    Bike -
    Run - Loulabell

Ooo me, me, me!  Please!!  Swim?  No probs.  Run, Hmm dodgy knees, but do we really have to cycle that far?If I don't get into it on my own, I'm happy to do the swim in a relay!

Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Nicko - plaudits for tidying the gaps in the list but normal protocol is to put it alphabetical order too image

Jeez, give a man a boy's job and this is what you get image

LOL!!
  • i've just started wtih those clip pedals! man that is hard work.. have bruises from the falls!

i've booked in to do windor tri in june so that should be a good taster! 

• Good on you bootsie, I'm waaaayyyyyy too scared to try clip pedals (I'm assuming by that you mean pedals that shoes clip into?).  Gonna stick with my trainers for now while I get used to the bike image
  • yup those are the ones.. you are right to steer clear.. they definately make you faster with less effort but i feel off within the first 30 seconds of using them! scary stuff.. at the moment I am doing very short 4 mile bike trips around the housing estates near where I live and practicing putting my foot down at every corner!  Seems to be helping
  • Prince Siegfried wrote (see)
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Nicko - plaudits for tidying the gaps in the list but normal protocol is to put it alphabetical order too image

Jeez, give a man a boy's job and this is what you get image

LOL!!

Hmmmmmmm image

• Hello Ladies (you are all ladies??)

Yep I go spinning classes twice a week and use clipless pedals there, my prob is confidence on the bike, I'm ok if no one is aroound but don't think that will get me through Vit,

We're looking at getting some rollers for the bike so that i can get better balance.  Been looking at youtube with bods using rollers scary stuff.

• Well, I'm female, although I think Mr TST would argue with the term 'lady'!! image 

Do you mean you feel embarassed if other people are around and that makes you wobbly? 

I didn't even know you could use clipless pedals at spinning classes, we just have these awful cage things attached to the pedals that you have to put your feet in, but they make my feet sit in the wrong place on the pedal (foot is too far forward so the pedal sits under the arch of my foot, not the ball) and I don't really like them.  They'd be better if they were adjustable, but apparently they're not image  I understand why we have to use them, for safety when standing, but everything else is adjustable except those!  Obviously they think everyone doing spinning has size 12 feet! image  Or have I got this completely wrong and by clipless pedals you mean these cage things??

• Just popping in to check that PS has actually put his name down image

Will this be your first, TL?  Has your other half finally persuaded you to come to the dark side?

• dark side?

How dare you sully the DSs name.

• Are you playing at the Vit then M.ister! ? image
  • Two-Stroke Tart wrote (see)

Well, I'm female, although I think Mr TST would argue with the term 'lady'!! image 

Do you mean you feel embarassed if other people are around and that makes you wobbly? 

I didn't even know you could use clipless pedals at spinning classes, we just have these awful cage things attached to the pedals that you have to put your feet in, but they make my feet sit in the wrong place on the pedal (foot is too far forward so the pedal sits under the arch of my foot, not the ball) and I don't really like them.  They'd be better if they were adjustable, but apparently they're not image  I understand why we have to use them, for safety when standing, but everything else is adjustable except those!  Obviously they think everyone doing spinning has size 12 feet! image  Or have I got this completely wrong and by clipless pedals you mean these cage things??

Not embarassed just scared stiff and I'm just wobbly on the bike fullstop.  Need to practice more.  Our spinning bikes are quite good and they're defo clipless pedals - can't imagine doing that on a proper bike mind.

M.ister W wrote (see)

Just popping in to check that PS has actually put his name down image

Will this be your first, TL?  Has your other half finally persuaded you to come to the dark side?

Yep this will be my first unless I can find a baby one to start with, hey it might be easier than this supporting lark image  Don't think he's keen for me to do it unless I prove I can ride the bike for 3 hours non stop by Jan, as we're in November I've got my work cut out., at least I think he said 3 hours.

• TL - Why 3 hours by January? I didn't do any 3 hours ride for Vit until I was well into the training.
  • I won't be participating next year as I expect to be busy image

• M.ister W wrote (see)

Just popping in to check that PS has actually put his name down image

M.ister W wrote (see)

I won't be participating next year as I expect to be busy image

Yeah!  Busy training someone!!  However, it may not be me!!  image
  • PS..your name is on the list now!  Ooooh how exciting. image
  • Little Ninja wrote (see)
    TL - Why 3 hours by January? I didn't do any 3 hours ride for Vit until I was well into the training.
    I could have got that wrong image will have to check.  But think he wants to make sure I'm serious about it,
  • Tired Legs (Mrs Punch) wrote (see)

Not embarassed just scared stiff and I'm just wobbly on the bike fullstop.  Need to practice more.  Our spinning bikes are quite good and they're defo clipless pedals - can't imagine doing that on a proper bike mind.

lol  I'm like that on my bike!  I made them put the seat lower than the normal height you're supposed to have it on a road bike as I was terrified of falling off image  Spent the first few times I was out on it panicking about not being able to put my foot down when stopping and falling flat on my face (or side more likely!), but it seems ok with the seat lower.  As I gain more confidence we are going to move it up a little at a time so I don't notice it.  And I still panic about where the brakes are as I'm not used to them being the side - totally overshot a junction the other Sunday when out with Mr TST as I forgot where the brakes were! image  Best thing I've found is to just get out on it as much as I can; I don't always go very far, maybe 5 miles or so, but the more I go out on it the more confident I'm getting and the less wobbly I'm getting! image 

Yep this will be my first unless I can find a baby one to start with, hey it might be easier than this supporting lark image  Don't think he's keen for me to do it unless I prove I can ride the bike for 3 hours non stop by Jan, as we're in November I've got my work cut out., at least I think he said 3 hours.

Come and do the ladies only event at Dorney Lake in July if you want a short one first.  I did the sprint last year and it was great.  It's a nice flat course and gives you a taster of triathlons.  Mind you, you'll already be committed to the Vit by then, so you may be a bit buggered if you don't like it! 

3 hours non-stop by January?!  What a hard task master!!  Even though this is my first middle distance one I've not had any of the experienced people I know recommend that I be doing that kind of time on the bike by then, especially at this time of year (in fact they all reckon I shouldn't be out riding in the rain).  I tend to find that if I've put over £100 of my hard earned money where my mouth is, then that's usually enough to make me sort myself out!  Or maybe you could do what I'm doing, and get sponsored for doing it - I find that way you are spurred on as you don't want to let your sponsors or the charity down. image

• Nicko. wrote (see)
    Getting impatient image
    Me too...for this and the outlaw image(
  • Confirmed as Saturday 3rd September and registration opening in December. Linky thinkg here
  • The one day I haven't checked the site and they tell Cona 1st image
  • LOL....

I am actually getting nervous about being successful at even getting in, so lord knows what I will be like if I do. image

• http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/28375/Gallery/Chrissie.jpg

Look what santa brought me early, what a nice bloke eh !