Options

The Vit 2011

Comments

• Options
    I joined Twitter just for the feed to maximize potential for an early notification. Please don't rely on me for text as it could well come through when I am at work
  • Options

Safferssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Have you registered for pacesetters they will send emails too.

But if you PM your mobile I will text you asap.

• Options
    Saffers wrote (see)

I hope it's early December, I had just assumed it would be.

Me too!  The wait will kill me if they leave it to the end of the month! image
  • Options
    I am a relative newbie to Triathlon (got the bug last season; two sprints, one oly and I love it).  Despite carrying a well sculpted beer-belly I have been bold enough to sign up to Florida Ironman next year and am looking at a half distance event in early September as a precursor. From what I have read in magazines and having got up to speed with this link, it seems the Vit is a far better idea than Galway 70.3 the following day, and I am now super excited about the opportunity of getting involved. Despite my best investigations there seems to be little descriptive information about the course available online.  Is it fair to say the swim is scenic but cold, bike straight forward but will a few rolling climbs and run relatively flat?  If so, I too will be eagerly awaiting Pace Setter’s email! How quickly does this sell out – Days, hours or minutes? 

Rw

• Options
    I did Vit for the first time last year. Didn't think the swim was particularly cold - it was just incredibly and unusually foggy. You've got the ride and run right. If you go to mapmyride.com and do a search for Vit ride, you'll find a map of the route. The run is very flat.
  • Options
    NICKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  is it open yet then? image
  • Options
    I agree with LN. The swim wasn't too cold at all, in fact I was so cold waiting to start that when I actually got into the water it felt quite warm.  Bike course is great.  Even a cr@p cyclist like me enjoyed it and got my fastest ever downhill speed.   Bring it on again. image
  • Options
    Good news Soup.

I forgot having flip-flops made waiting a whole lot easier as I wasn't standing on the rocks. And the flip flops were still there when I finished.
  • Options
    My socks weren't, some b@stars nicked um.....

Great race and course, hills are fine with some training and the is 3 weeks after an IM this year for me and legs were ok until the last couple of miles of the run. Hopefully be there again this year.
  • Options
    Proven Robbie W wrote (see)
    I am a relative newbie to Triathlon (got the bug last season; two sprints, one oly and I love it).  Despite carrying a well sculpted beer-belly I have been bold enough to sign up to Florida Ironman next year and am looking at a half distance event in early September as a precursor. From what I have read in magazines and having got up to speed with this link, it seems the Vit is a far better idea than Galway 70.3 the following day, and I am now super excited about the opportunity of getting involved. Despite my best investigations there seems to be little descriptive information about the course available online.  Is it fair to say the swim is scenic but cold, bike straight forward but will a few rolling climbs and run relatively flat?  If so, I too will be eagerly awaiting Pace Setter’s email! How quickly does this sell out – Days, hours or minutes? 

Rw

Sold out in 48 hours last year, the Vit has won best tri for the last 3 years running, hence im sure youll find it a good race to do.

Well done on entering IMFL, if you want any tips or info give me a shout as I was there in 07 & 08.
  • Options

Very much appreciated.  The last nine months have put into perspective how docile I had been through my early twenties and the thrill of completing a few short-distance Tris and the Berlin Marathon has spurred me on to do more next year.  Being only my second season the objective will be complete rather than compete but I have already received some good pointers from posters (cheers pirates) in this forum and expect to make more of a nuisance of myself over the coming months.

Barlist, the fact that you took part in IMFL on consecutive years is rather interesting and kind of puts pay the generally negative feedback (cr@p location, busy roads, cold & windy) that I’ve heard so far?

(Vit definitely in calendar - pending successful entry!) 

Rw
  • Options

"Barlist, the fact that you took part in IMFL on consecutive years is rather interesting"

He was sposed to be in Texas but got lost in T2 image

• Options
    I think IMFL has the highest numbers of repeat entrants of all IM??

why?? probably because it's one of those IM where you can make improvements year on year as it's a relatively "docile" course and the weather is usually good which takes that out of the equation as wind, rain etc can have a big effect over many hours.

sure PCB is pretty shite as a town but as a venue pretty good - lovely beach and sea for a start
  • Options

Pacesetter have updated their site today to say that they will being doing postal entries for one week for those with credit notes from this years event and then the on-line system will go live image  Means we've still got over a week to wait, but once they open the postal entries at least we'll know when the on-line entries will open and I can stop panicking about missing it!!  image

• Options
    Nicko. wrote (see)

"Barlist, the fact that you took part in IMFL on consecutive years is rather interesting"

He was sposed to be in Texas but got lost in T2 image

*sniggers*
  • Options
    Two-Stroke Tart wrote (see)

Pacesetter have updated their site today to say that they will being doing postal entries for one week for those with credit notes from this years event and then the on-line system will go live image  Means we've still got over a week to wait, but once they open the postal entries at least we'll know when the on-line entries will open and I can stop panicking about missing it!!  image

ONLINE ENTRY OPENING SOON
    We are currently only processing CREDIT NOTES for this event. Online entry is expected to be available within a week - 08/12/2010

TST - not meaning to be pedantic but the website says 'within a week',so hopefully this time next week the entries should be open

• Options

I wanna be pedantic too.

It's only the 7th but date on there says 08/12/2010.

So does that mean its going to be online from the 8th, or is there going to be an extra day cos that statement was for tomorrow ???????

• Options
    Online entries open.........
  • Options

<slaps Cona's legs>

• Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

ONLINE ENTRY OPENING SOON
    We are currently only processing CREDIT NOTES for this event. Online entry is expected to be available within a week - 08/12/2010

TST - not meaning to be pedantic but the website says 'within a week',so hopefully this time next week the entries should be open

Think that was a different notice from the one that was up yesterday morning as the one I saw was several paragraphs covering credit notes, on-line and postal entries.  It was dated yesterday, but it's no longer on the site now and other stuff like the registration button disappeared yesterday afternoon too!!  Glad I did my registration yesterday lunchtime before it disappeared! image  Still, I guess if stuff is disappearing from that site it must mean they are nearly ready to launch image
  • Options

it filled up quickly last year, but half the entries had already been filled via the postal route.....

Don't think the postal route is an option this year..(judging by the weird results on clicking the postal entries link...)

As its getting ever more opular I suspect it will fill up rapdly.....

• Options
    *drums fingers on desk* image
  • Options
    Price has gone up I see. image
  • Options

Guess they can get away with a price hike now it's getting more and more popular image  

• Options

*Joins Waffy on desk*

[drum drum drum]

Bliddy hell can you not do that a bit quieter Waff ????

• Options
    Oooooh do come along!!!!  I is sooooooo impatient now! image
  • Options

ONLINE ENTRY

Still not open saffers image

• Options

How about now??? image