Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Hi all

Words - Hope everything went as well as can be expected on Monday and well done on your PB

Lizzie - That's a brilliant effort losing all that weight. I'm sure your running will progress nicely.

Booey - Let's hope a PB wings it's way to you on Sunday

Dave - Don't be a stanger, we're all very friendly and helpful on here!

JLB - Hopefully work doesn't get too much in the way of the important stuff! 

Toby - Your running is immense, I'm sure you'll have great runs in all of your races!

Big weekend for me coming up. I'm running the North Downs 30k, I'll get a PB as I've never run that far before. I'm trying this week to teach myself to run slower than normal so that I don't go off too fast on Sunday and blow up before the end. I'm only doing a couple of miles a day at 12 min pace, my normal LSR pace is between 10.30 and 10.45 so it feels strange to be going that much slower. Wish me luck!

• Gary - lots of luck for your race at the weekend, just take it nice and slow and you will be fine image

I managed to get out last night and do 3.4 miles, hopefully the same tonight image

• Gary good luck remember the old saying slow but shore wins the race and above all enjoy

• well just 4 miles  yesterday will be in the garage today for a gym session weights wasn't good when i weighed on Monday and has finally got to the stage were i am feeling fat and uncomfortable so have made i good concerted effort this week i think it was the kick up the bum i needed

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Hiya.  Did 7k saturday and Monday, walked the dog 12k Sunday and 8k last night. 

Hoping to have a relaxing week and leg my muscles rebuild this week. 5k on Thursday or Friday then 7k again over the weekend. 

Weight, I lost 1.3 lbs this week so not over half so needs round down to a 1 lb loss.  So 13 weeks and 34 lbs.  Measured my waistline and that is 13 cm down from when I started.  Still my worse area that's in need of attention... But hey i'm more worried about getting ready for my marathon in October then perfecting my waistline and pulling a muscle and messing up my training.

Steph

• Didn't run last night image went to friends to watch the footy ended up having pizza and wine image very naughty image will run later image

Toby - I know the feeling with the weight image Keep telling myself must try harder and never do it image really need to give a good effort soon

Steph - well done on the running schedule and weight loss, your doing great image

• Hello again!

Congratulations to all you losers (in a getting-lighter-and-toned way) and to everyone who's been getting out there come rain or shine. 5k for me yesterday, and another 7.5 today - taking my total to over 800km for the year. Really quite pleased, but it does mean I probably have to buy new trainers... I've done about 350 miles in the pair I bought at the end of January.

How often do you lot change your trainers? Gets expensive doesn't it?

10k tomorrow, 10 on Saturday and the half marathon distance on Sunday. Whoever said marathon training is fun obviously doesn't have my legs...

• Went for a 20 minute run from my hotel last night, got lost, turned into over an hour, taking in, muddy parkland track and housing estates lol!  Got back safe and sound in the end.

• Sounds like an adventure, JLB, but glad you got back safe.

Just the 8k this morning in the end as I had to get to work a bit earlier than expected. Really not looking forward to my long run on Sunday - judging by the weather forecast it's going to be rather soggy. image

• Words - I was told over 500 miles maybe need new trainers, 350 is to soon in my opinion image my road runners have done about 550 and I started getting aches on the balls of my feet image been wearing my trail runners since but still get the ache sometimes so not convinced image  I am still going to invest in new road runners as I have now been road running almost a year and I guess things change, running style etc also noticed my toes are spreading imageimage more of a gap between them image thats only happened since road running

Got out last night in the sunshine and did 6.22 miles image lovely

• Maybe you should upgrage your 1212K goal this year to 2012M Words?

• Think I'll stick with the 2012k if that's OK, JLB... with the schedule I've got, I should reach the finishing line in early December.

Booey - I agree 350 it probably too soon. But if I leave it much later I'll be breaking in new trainers a matter of weeks before my marathon in September. Think I'll bite the bullet, get a new pair, and break them in gently over a month or two - alternating with my current pair.

Spreading toes? That's a new one to me! image

• Morning all

had a rest day yesterday i am hoping the weather improves somewhat as i want to try a 13 miler today but it rains as heavy as it has done all night then it will be in the garage

Finally signed up for the Bristol H/M on the 30th September and bought my Brighton photos yesterday

have to say i am on the verge of jacking this weight loss thing in altogether for my determination on Monday have failed once again to stick to it so am now at the point of thinking what’s the point and just giving up

• Don't give up, Toby. Maybe you just need to take a week or two to let the piggy out and get the urge to splurge out ouf your system for a bit. Anyway, training for Bristol should help you control, if not shift, some pounds.

Besides, you've lost the weight before, and you know you can do it again. Just calls for a bit of mental toughness! Be strong! image

• Afternoon all

well 13 miles done weather was a mix of sunshine and showers but still managed to get out side for the run in just t-shirt running vest and shorts

the whole run took 2:05:49 with an Avg pace of 9:37 so pleased with that

Words thanks for that my give it ago

• well just back from my second park run i was given permission by O/H to go for a time today as she knew i was inching to see how fast i could do it in got round in 25:39 with an Avg pace of 8:14

Did struggle a little as yesterdays run caught up with me a bit won’t be there next week as were off to Leicester as the wife and daughter are doing the 10k race for life

• Toby - good work on the 13 miles, and that's not a bad time for the Parkrun either. Well done.Hope W&D enjoy the Race for Life.

10k for me this morning, and 13 miles planned for tomorrow. I've asked Mrs Words to drop me off 13 miles from home so I don't have to bother with a "there and back again" route.

Haven't bothered weighing for a while - with all that's been going on lately, I've not exactly been good on the food-front. Will be good this week and weigh again next weekend.

Happy running all.

• Enjoyed a good, long run today. My missus dropped me off 13 miles away, on the far side of Llanelli, and drove off with the kids pressing their noses against the car windows, wondering if they'd see their dad again. I ran along the Millennium Coastal Path towards Swansea, then up the "usual" cycle path and back home.

My watch said I'd run 20.3k by the time I got home. I was aiming for 21 so ran back down the hill for 350m, turned round, and ran back. The weather wasn't great - one or two heavy showers - but it brightened up and got a lot warmer as I got closer to home.

That's the longest I've run since I did the half marathon way back in March. And I'll be honest with you: my legs are aching a bit now...It also takes my total for the week to 51.7k (over 32 miles)- the longest I've ever run in a seven day period!

• Hi all,

Words - well run.It's good that you're building your mileage back up again.

Well I managed to complete the North Downs 30k today. The weather overnight was dreadful with loads of rain so it made the course extremely muddy, which made running very difficult as there were so many hills! I had set myself a target of 3.45 but ended up with a chip time of 4.02.52. I ended up run walking the last 5 miles as they had some leg sapping hills! If anyone's interested my garmin activity is here:- 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/192262460 

GFB

• morning all

have to juggle the training plan around this week as i said before were off to Leicester on Friday so have counted the park run Saturday as the 3 miler i should have done today and replace it with  my LSR of 8 miles then it's a 5 tomorrow and the gym session on Wednesday well that's the plan any way

Words well done on the run hope the legs recover quickly

Gary had a look at the Garmin stats my goodness there was some monster climbs in there

• Words - well done on your LSR image like the bit at the end running down the hill again to make the mileage add up image I have done that a couple of times myself

My race yesterday was a disaster really, I ended up doing 5K instead of 10 image conditions were so bad after a night of heavy rain, I got plastered in mud, water and cow sh*t.  It was dangerous running on stones etc so I made the decision on first loop to only do 5K and avoid injury, plenty of others also made that decision image the fact my arthritis is jumping to my knees on occasions is also not helping me with my running image

On the plus side I did swim on friday hehe

My weight is also not good Toby, my weekend consisted of not eating very healthily at all image I really need to get back on it and quickly

• Sounds like you have all had a pretty week..unfortunately I went to the gym and thinking I was still 18..(far from it) and decided that I could shoulder press a little more than my body could...have damaged my shoulder and given that my job is very physical and involves alot of should use this week has been very painful so decided not to add insult to the injury and jack the running this week...yes, yes...I know...image

Good luck this week to all...

• Blimey, Gary, that's an *interesting* run...rather you than me! Good work though!

Booey - sounds like you made the right decision to only do one lap. Last thing you want is to slip and tear something just for the sake of finishing the course. Hope the arthritis isn't too bad, and that you get back to sensible eating ways soon.

Dave - ouch! Hope it recovers soon.

Meeting a friend for a 5k tomorrow lunchtime, then planning 12k on Wednesday, 7k on Thursday, 12k Saturday and 23k Sunday. Yikes.

Hope you're all well.

• Well did the 5 miles am feeling wiped out today so did them on the tread mill as recovery run i.e. walk 1 k run 1k will do the gym session tomorrow then that will be done for this week won’t run again then till next Monday

• Morning!

Did 6k yesterday lunchtime and 13k this morning. Legs rather achy today - think they're still recovering from my long run on Sunday. Either that, or it's down to lack of sleep last night and, when I did get to sleep, the cheese-induced dreams. Yes, fellow losers, I succumbed to late night cheese... image

But, on the plus side, we went to see my kids' school choir do a medley of Queen songs in Swansea Grand Theatre - my boy was on guitar and did a superb job on all five songs, solos and all. He now thinks he's Brian May, but I'm a very proud dad - and he's only 10!

Happy running folks. Get out there! image

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Morning.

-3 lbs

Total loss 37 lbs (2 Stone 9 lbs / 16.8 Kg) in 14 weeks.

• Been up to my eyes for a while (still am, but taking a quick sanity break) and haven't had chance to read back, but from a quick skim I see injuries, good runs, weight loss, pigging out; all sorts!  Just keep trying to make the good decisions everyone.

Weighed in at 159lbs on Monday, so holding station.  Did Parkrun, still don't deel entirely myself but definitely much better after tummy bug a couple of weeks ago.  Orangegrove AC, who organise my Parkrun, are doing a 4 man 24 hour relay in a couple of weeks (they are current world record holders!), I joined them for a training session on Sunday for 19K.  It was good prep for the Ards HM on Friday night, going to take it real easy due to back injury and reprecussions of tummy bug, who knows what kind of time I'll end up with, hopefully sub 2hours (secretly hoping I fell good and can still hit 1:50 target).

Will maybe do a light session tonight.

• Words - that sounds great what your son did image and rightly you are very proud

Well I went out for a steady run last night and did 6.25 miles, knees ached but no more than they do now image and as running doesnt normally make them ache like this I can only put it down to the arthritis moving there now aswell image once the consultant gets me on meds hopefully it will sort it out image fingers crossed

Book - well done on the weight loss, you are doing incredible

Toby Words and JLB - excellent running well done

On one this week to really try and shift the weight abit more, am only about 1lb above my best so if I can shift 4lb soon I will be under 10 stone image I really must be good imageimage

• well done on the weight loss everyone keep up the good work

• Morning all

Well was supposed to do a gym session yesterday but got up feeling shattered so in the end had a rest day instead will defiantly have to do it today as i won’t have time Friday