Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• JLB - good luck with the half; hope you're fully recovered from the bug.

Booey - be good, be strong! You'll get there and just think how it's going to feel! Hope your consultant sorts you out quickly.

Toby - we all need to take the rest day early now and again.

Another 5k run this morning but I can't say I enjoyed it. My legs seem to be really tired and heavy at the moment, and I had to walk for a few metres a couple of times today. Perhaps I needed a rest day instead!

I'm due to run 11k on Saturday then 23k Sunday, but I won't be able to run on Saturday as I'm travelling all day. So, I'm going to bring the 11k forward to tomorrow evening. I'm already not looking forward to it!

And what's going on with the amount I'm sweating these days? Even after short runs like today's, I'm arriving back home looking like I've swum the Channel. I'm sure I never used to sweat this much. Maybe it's a product of getting fitter. Any thoughts?

• Did 3.4 miles in the heat last night image phew was warm

Words - not sure about the sweating but my face is always a lovely shade of crimson image always is and takes ages to cool down image 

JLB - good luck with the HM

Toby - swopping rest days is allowed image

• Words it may well be but to be honest you’re not alone i sweat like a pig i have heard it say that the body conditionsitself to sweat more to help lose the extra heat we produce when we run

I always have to have a bath or shower afterwards as i develop a distinctive body odd after i run (in other words i stink)

• I've asked a couple of fitness freaks where I work and they agree that the fitter you get, the more you sweat as the body is more effective at regulating temperature, etc.

Toby: it's the post-run shower that I look forward to most (after the satisfaction of having had a run!) image

• morning all

well off to Leicester later today staying the night in our favorite hotel and then it's my turn to stand on the sidelines and cheer tomorrow for the wife and daughter instead of the other way around then traveling home on Saturday afternoon

• Good morning all,

long weekend for me and the wife. Day off today and Monday as it was our 26th wedding anniversary yesterday. We're going horse racing at Folkestone today and visiting Ickworth, a National Trust property on Monday. I've been out this morning for just over 3 miles, the sole reason for that run was to reach my target of 90 miles for the month. I may enter the Dartford Half which is on the 22nd July but am not at present looking at any other races.

Toby:- I'm sure you'll look lovely waving the pom poms for your wife and daughter!

Words - I sweat like a pig whwnever I run, even when it's freezing cold, I just put that down to my body's efficiency in dealing with temperature

Booey - Well done on the runs, I can relate to having a red face!

JLB - Hope the half went well yesterday evening and thet you hit your target time.

Booktrunk - Well done on the weight loss, keep it going.

Have a great weekend all.

GFB

• Gary i don't mind the pom poms the ra ra skirt that gose with them tahts a bit tightimage

• 10 days and no run...it's like crack this running lark!...I have been out with a shoulder injury...but this morning just had to get out and run...

At the start of the month I was averaging 8:45 miles and today did 6 miles with a avg of 8:09 and I felt good...tired yes but good....lost 4.4kg (another 1.6 to go) and also as as a Brucey bonus have shaved 10cm off my spare tyre...aim for another 5cm's and that will be tip-top....light run tommorow with the dog 3 miles in the woods...then rest for Monday to start the Half Marathon training plan....

So thats it here from Cloggie-land...have a great weekend everyone and be safe.

Cheers

Dave.

• Enjoy your weekend Gary

Hope your ladies have a good day Toby

Dave - running is crazy addictive, the amount of time I spend thinking about running is silly.  Being injured is basically torture!  Congrats on the weight loss.

Well, half marathon done, it was such a tough course, I had no idea what I was getting myself in for as my first HM! lol.  Virtualy no let up from hills, particularly a big climb at 10 miles that very nearly broke me.  The last 2 miles were all down hill and I was feeling good and looking at a sub 1:55 but irritatingly started to get cramp in my calf when I was getting good speed up.  I had to stop and stretch a couple of times and go really slow in the final mile.  Ended with 1:57ish (forgot to stop garmin and haven't got chip time yet), pretty content, stiff as board this morning!  My main thought is that I could never do that over again for full marathon distance.  Heading to Parkrun for a recovery run later.

Sweat report - sweaty.

• Afternoon All

well back from Leicester not quite the weekend we had planed go up there all right traffic not to bad found the park Ok were just checking in to the hotel when the wife got a text to say it had been cancelled and rearranged for July so we stayed any way went over to Morrison’s to tell the daughter as she was working there she was disappointed

So in the end the wife and daughter went out for a run this morning i went with them in spirit but the bed needed keeping warm you understand so i volunteer to do it was just one of those dirty jobs that had to be done

JBL well done to you on finishing your first H/M 1:57ish is a good time and on you have some thing to go for nrext time

• imageGood morning to all....hope the day where you are is bright and sunny as it is here (.nl)...Back to training again and guess what...am feeling so much better mentally...

I used to jog many, many moons ago and to be honest I hated it...now for some reason I find the challenge very rewarding and am really looking forward to future goals...

Ok and the fact that having lost some weight allows me to wear the 2 new Ben Sherman shirts I bought 3 years ago...image

So...good luck to all...and don't forget...having that extra slice of pizza or a chocolate bar is just fine and dandy...every now and then...image it's what makes us 'us'.

Cheers

Dave.

• Good morning all,

JLB - Well done on breaking 2 hours at your first attempt.

Toby - What a shame about the race being cancelled but at least the ladies went and ran!

Dave - I like the fact that you can now get into clothes from a few years ago. I can now get back into clothes I had 10 years ago. Jeans mostly so I don't look like a fashion disaster!

10.25 miles for me this morning, my legs felt pretty tired probably due to last weeks 30km race but also possibly due to too much red wine over the last couple of days. I didn't pick any winners on Friday at the races, never mind.

• Afternoon, all.

Congrats to everyone - some great running banked all round.

JLB: huge congrats on breaking 2hrs on your first HM. I managed 2hrs 1min for my first (and only one to date). Probably would have come in under the 2hrs if it hadn't been for running into the wind for the last 4 miles.

Dave: yes, running's addictive. But what a great habit to have! Congrats on the weight loss, and for some pretty speedy times.

Toby: hope the ladies enjoyed their day and weren't put off by the sight of you in a ra ra skirt...

Gary: Good work on the 10.25 miles - and congrats on your wedding anniversary. Those glasses of red are to be expected!

Today was the first time I ran further than 13.1 miles - an impressive (for me) 14.5 miles. I think I set off a little too quickly as by the time I'd completed the first hour I was about 4 minutes ahead of target pace. I slowed down quite a lot for the next hour or so, and had to walk a couple of times due to lack of stamina in my legs.

Here's today's fun fact though. I weighed myself before breakfast (coffee, porridge), then went out for the run. On the way I had about 250ml of water and a couple of energy gels. I weighed again when I got home and was a whole 5lbs lighter! Just goes to show how much fluid runners can lose! Think I need to start running with more water. I'm not counting my post-run weight as official.

Anyhow, my pre-run weight was 1lb more than it was last time I weighed, 30 days ago. Given all that's been going on, I'd say that's a result. I'd like to lose a stone before the Berlin Marathon in September.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend!

• Morning all

Should be doing 8 today but will see what the weathers like as it’s been tipping down again all night i see there some great running going on Words 14 miles it a long time since i ran that far Gary’s 10.25

Dave great news about the shirts

• Words, 14.5 miles is a beast, well done.

Just a note on weight fuctuations, on Saturday morning (HM was Fri night) I weighed 157lbs, on Sunday night I was 166.5lbs!  There was a fair amount of reward eating over the weekend lol.  I basically had 2 lunches and 2 dinners on Sunday plus snacks.  163.5 this morning which is 4 on this week, spartan diet for the next couple of days is in order.

• imageThanks for all the comments guys/gals

>> JBL funny how a little over-induljance makes such an effect...but hey you sound like you enjoyed yourselfimage

Sorry if I have missed anyone out of the 'mentions' I'm not the sharpest tool in the box and will take a little time to get the hang of it hereimage

Today is my easy day, so after work I have just done a brisk 2 miler wearing my FM50 Gasmask...did a nice 8:43 average...plus it's hot ...about 25deg at the moment...as they say 'mad dogs an Englishman in the midday sun'.....

Have a great night all...

• afternoon all

well 8 wet and soggy miles done today have to say i struggled around this afternoon the rain was coming down quite hard when i set out so i had all my rain gear on wish i gone with my first choice of shorts and not running tights as i soon found i was getting to hot

hat was the first to come off then i had to un zip the jacket i think next time i go with just a t-shirt under it instead of the long sleeved top

i was a good 6 minutes slower this week than last which has proved to me i don't run as well  in the rain  when i wrapped up as the last time i ran it this slow was 3 weeks ago and it was also raining on that Monday as well and i went out with the same amount of running gear on

anyway the whole thing took me a disappointing 1:20:53 avg pace 9:51 m/m i was going to chicken out and do a short run on the treadmill but didn't want to be put to shame by the O/H who went out Saturday morning despite it tipping down so she could run with the daughter

• Words - well done on the 14+ miles image thats so so good

JLB - image excellent result from the HM image sub 2 hr. well done you image

Well done everyone else on getting out there, you are doing more than me lol

Not run since Friday, had MIL with us and been abit stressful image also had hospital appointment y/day for ultra sound on hands re the rheumatoid arthritis.  The consultant just confirmed thats what it is and now I go on meds to control it image had a steriod injection to help control for now until the meds kick in, which can take upto 3 months image blood tests every 2 weeks image heres hoping to some relief

I need to run and I shall later image

• Afternoon all

well 4 done went out for a run today i must be getting tougher that's 2 days in a trot i been out running in the rain normally by now i would have retreated into the garage did what i said i was going to do clothes wise and went out in shorts and just a running vest and short t-shirt under my light weight jacket

and guess what i was still to hot oh well that's life i did how ever look like a drown rat when i got home any way the whole run took 35:28 Avg pace of 8:49mm so a little happier all though it's still 3 minutes slow than i ran it the last 2 times

off to the dentist in a minute so it's back out in the rain as the wife has the car at least it's only a 19 minute walk

• Morning all

will be in the garage today as i shall be doing my planed gym session the thing that takes the most time when doing a gym session is deciding which DVD to watch at the moment it’s a tossup between Despicable me or 28 with Sandra Bullock

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Ran 15 miles last week.

My schedule has me doing 17.5m (28k) this week and I'm thinking of starting to go to the gym a couple of times a week as well.

Weight loss. 3lbs again this week, more than I was hoping. Which is fantastic 40 lbs (18kg) down in 15 weeks.
  • booktrunk well done on the weight loss thats greart going

• Hey, Booey - sorry to hear about the arthritis probs - hope the meds kick in soon and you get some pain-free running in.

Booktrunk - congrats on upping the mileage and dropping the weight - great result.

Toby - no contest. Sandra Bullock every time. *starts drooling as eyes glaze over*

5k yesterday and 11k this lunchtime. Nothing to write home about but they're done! Happy running all.

• Well done Bootrunk...that's some going...

Wow it's hot...did a 3 miler wearing the gaskmask....very hot and humid about 31deg today, after a hard day(physical job) at work still mananged 8.58m/m...on the plus side I have managed to break the 70kg barrier but I wonder how much is just lost fluids? aiming to drop to 69kg and lose more of the spare tyre.

another 3 runs this week and were done...no gasmask for those...taking it easyimage

Cheers to everyone...good luck with your goals...

• morning all

well got the gym session done sorry word opted for Despicable me in the end rest day today then 7 or 8 on Friday

• Got out with the club last night and did the norm 5K image

Injection working and hands are much better as is walking down the stairs normally in the morning image 

• Booey glad your feeiing better

• Another 3 miler as per my 12week HM plan (fastest 1km & 1mile times)...28deg and 35 on the humidex...should really have binned the run and gone to the gym for a treadmill session...after a hard day at work in the sun...the run felt bad...got to see some of my lunch again!...I must really learn to be a little more sensible but at the moment I am just so into..getting out there and running...

Hi to all and good luck with your targets...

• Dave i been on a bring your lunch back run never again oh well we live and learn

• Just been out on my 4th Gasmask run this week and beat my 1km & 5km pb if I could replicate these times to a 10km then I would be a very happy boy...still losing a little weight but suspect that I am also losing far more fluids than normal (physical outdoor job) and then the running....all in all a good week.

Bad points:

Had a Burger King meal - Sorry but I love Burger king!!! 75gazillion calories!

Anyway...good luck on the targets everyone