Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

1142143144145146148»

Comments

• Options

Pistol2 it may be asking a lot to drop 11lbs in 2 weeks all though having said that i did lose 10.5 my frist to weeks with weight watchers but that was with cutting down on the size of my meals as well as bad stuff

• Options

The reason you haven't lost over the last 10 weeks is the booze pizza etc... it's simply down to how many calories go in and out of your body... Sorry Pistol.  So cutting down on the calories coming in now is great, but a little late image At least you will learn for your next race.

Burning calories from running is great but you don't burn enough to eat random rubbish.  You would need to run 35 miles every week to burn about 1 lb... That is if you haven't eaten any extra calories because of the running at all.. So eating the correct amount for your weight running 35 miles and not eating any extra... You'd loose 1 lb, and that's it image

So running is awesome for toning and helping with a diet, but it's all down fundamentally to the amount of calories you put in, in the first place. 

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.... To many expect miracles, when it's pretty simple.

• Options

Hi All, quick question if I may regarding bathroom scales ... digital or traditional?

While in the US I used my in-laws traditional scales, but don't know how accurate they were.  We've got a pair of digital scales at home, which I can get on and they'll come up at, for example, 207 lbs.  I can step off and step back on immediately and they'll come up at, say, 217 lbs!  I've changed the batteries, make sure they are on a flat, uncarpeted surface etc.  I'm not obsessed with weighing myself, but it can be demoralising when you are working really hard to lose weight.  Would just like to get everyone's thoughts, thanks!!

• Options

I go digital.

I also ensure they are on a really solid surface if you only have wooden supports, either get a garden slab, and put them on that, or at least make sure it's over a strut in the floor, it's amazing how much difference a soft flexing floor makes, and make your official weigh in at the same time weekly if possible.

For example get up have a wee then weigh yourself, and do the same each week, or before bed on x night but try to be consistent.

• Options

Only get on once   image                     

all joking a side i always leave my scales in the same place so they aren’t affected by different floor surfaces having said that there’s always at least a 3lb difference between my scales and the weight watcher ones

Running wise did the gym session on Wednesday and did those kettle bell exercises Bookturnk posted have to say still feeling it today god my bum hurts

been out for a run today 15 miles done not the fastest but i was deliberately trying to keep the pace down to avoid struggling at the end Avg pace was 9.29 m/m so that’s a good base to start from

• Options

Yay Toby3 3 weeks in and i'm loving the kettlebells. I'm starting to see the top of my abs... It's scary I never knew they were there, and my legs are feeling greatimage

• Options

i hadn't realized how much i tightened up

• Options

You to can fit in a Xmas dress if you keep it up.

Mind you I do have a second and now a third dress in reserve... Only second hand off eBay, cannot afford new, spending all my pennies on race entries. 2 Marathons, 3 Ultras, and 1 hotel room so far for next year *gulp*

• Options

BT Well done on finding your abs, I haven't seen mine since 1983!

• Options

mazeman image not enough of them for my party i don't think image been fighting a crappy cold. So i've been eating a bit more to help me fight it, and not going to get uber skinny that i wanted.

Never mind.  that's life, i'll look great for a Xmas party in the middle of January.... but that sort of defeats the object image

• Options

Well stayed the same this week.

60.8kg around 9st 7.8lbs 

i'm happy as I'm sure my kettlebell work is starting to help build muscle mass. So if my muscle mass is going up and not gained weight must be getting rid of a little bit of fat image

• Options

Hey team

back down to 113kg this week after a couple of weeks staying in bed eating everything possible!

ran my 2nd 5k parkrun on saturday and PB'd it to 29:08 from 30:10

so pretty happy about that, how you all doing this week?

• Options

Plodding along... Shite diet week put on 4 lbs had 5 days off in a row and scoffed when I was trying to get skinny for Xmas party so epic fail 

it does seem my natural weight is around 62.5/63kg this is where I seem to stay if I don't concentrate so trying to get to stay in 59 is very difficult. 

• Options

Morning all

went away for the weekend have to say eat too much so I’m back to tracking everything again this week

Just 6 miles for me yesterday followed by some exercises using the kettle bell weights rest day today although i may do the exercises again

• Options

Hehe I have got you hooked Toby image they are great. 

• Options

OK.  So with my ITBand and quad issue no running for last 3 weeks, and I basically pigged out from my Xmas parties quite early in December at work until I went to bed last night.

I went from 9st 10 lbs to getting up this morning and i'm now 10st 5.2 lbs so January is going to e getting back into the 9st x category and i'd like to get to 9st 9lbs and stick with that or lower 135 lbs / 61.4 kg. 

But it does seem naturally i'm more 9st 12/13 as I hover a lot around there, but we shall see image

Back to running this weekend image

It's amazing how quickly your body gets used to a slobby diet, I can already hear my belly going feed me chocolates!! image I've told it hard luck!!

• Options

i haven't been to a weigh in yet as my meeting was closed over Christmas but i have a feeling i will be doing the same as I've gone from 9st12lbs on our scales to any thing between 10st 6lbs to 10st 10lbs

• Options

Hi all

I think the weight increase is just it being Xmas (eating / drinking too much), things will sort themselves out over the next couple of weeks.

our scales have broken, could you recommend any to buy, thanks

take care

• Options

Omron digital scales seem good and cheap on Amazon. the 511 or 508 ( i have 510 i guess replaced by the 511) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-BF508-Composition-Monitor-Bathroom/dp/B0033AGBVG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1388759452&sr=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=omron+scalesbf510

Seem very consistent and reliable.  I'm a fan.

• Options

Morning all

well should have  done 16 miles on Friday but came down with the flu that’s going around and just felt like crap so gave it a miss will see how i feel when i get up from work tomorrow before deciding whether to run or may just give it a rest next week

i have noticed though i don’t seem to have the enthusiasm this year for the training and am finding it a real struggle to get out the door

weight wise went to my weigh in on Saturday a must admit i wasn’t going to go as i was afraid that I’d put on a hell of a lot but the wife called me out and said i was just being a chicken so went anyway

I’ve put on 6.5lbs over Christmas which puts me at 10st 8.5lbs and although that looks a lot it’s not as bad as it seems if you take the 5lbs i lost deliberately before Christmas it’s only puts me a 1.5lb over  my target weigh of 10st 7lbs and I’m still 4.5lbs under my weight watchers target

• Options

booktrunk that for the recommendation, managed a 18.5 miler on saturday morning in the cold, and rain, good moral booster for the training now this year, just need to lose some weight.

• Options

Impressive run C&I Dad or (spen) .... complicated name image

I had a sneak peek today. I only go on my actual weight on x day each week, but wanted to check how i was doing and back down to 64.9 so lost 1.2 Kg just by behaving myself since last Thursday.

Also first runs back after 3 weeks out with injury 4m Thursday, and 12m yesterday. Legs really felt it yesterday afternoon, but feel fine this morning image

• Options

well done on the runs image

• Options

Afternoon all

5 miles for me today have decided to stick to the treadmill just until this cold has cleared up then it will be back outside although having said that i do have 14 miles to do on Friday so may do that run outside as 14 miles on the treadmill is a bit too much even for me

Work’s not helping at the moment as i have to be in by 2.30pm everyday for the next two weeks so it’s a bit tight for time as by the time i get up do the run have a bath i will be having to be out the door so i may limit the runs during the week to just 5 miles as anything longer may put me late for work

• Options

Hurrah.

Good first week of dieting to get off the 10lbs i gained over Xmas.

4 lbs down.64.2Kg in total 10st 1.2lbs

I still eat quite a lot including pudding on a few nights, just trying to eat sensible food, and not to much of it really does make a difference. It's not eating the junk calories that makes such a difference.

Running I did 4m Thursday, 12M Sunday, and 8M Yesterday. So 24m for the week in 3 runs.

• Options

Booktrunk well done on the weight loss great result this has been my first full week of tacking but my weigh day’s not till Saturday so will have to see if I’ve lost anything i put on

running’s been a bit of a struggle as the cold shows no sign of letting up i have managed another 5 and an 8mile’s but as i said theses have been done on treadmill as a run walk i have a 14 mile run to do today i may Venter out or just start on the treadmill and stop when i get board

• Options

Went to my weigh in yesterday 0.5lb off a little disappointed as i thought i may have lost a little more but a loss is a loss

running wise did 16 miles on the treadmill Friday then went out Saturday with the O/H on her LSR and did 13.5

• Options

Morning all

it’s been a while since i posted weight wise after losing 0.5lb i stayed the same the following week and lost another 0.5lbs last week winch now puts me 0.5 over my target weight of 10st 7lbs

running’s been tricky to as works been busy for instance I’ve had to juggle the running around this week a bit as i was due to work on Friday and Saturday which are normally day’s off and my day to do my LSR so instead try to fit it in on Thursday but time beat me and i only had time to do 10 miles before i need to be heading home the annoying was got a phone call for work on Friday as i was about to leave for work to say i wasn’t needed after all

did work a few hours on Saturday morning which meant by the time i got home we were late setting off for the wife’s 15 miles and by this time we’d miss the beast of the weather at one point the wind was so strong we were running backwards when running into it and been blown along when running with it

Had one terrific down pour that we took shelter from but fortunately as the wind was so strong it blew over quite quickly after that the weather was ok and we had no more rain one thing about setting of that late we did end up running in the dark which is a whole new experience for me as nearly all my running is done in the light

• Options

I'm down 9lbs since 2nd jan image woop woop!

• Options

jennGa well done you image