Bit down

Is it a common feeling to be slightly down having run a marathon?  Really enjoyed it being my first.

Comments

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Yep, it's natural. Many peeps find this is an ideal time to enter another ...
  • Yes I think it's a common feeling to have.
  • There are no races in the hampshire, dorset area except Portsmouth which i am not around for.  

I have checked the events link on here but it only lists marathons that are know, some races are not always on the web.  can someone help please!

• SP13SP13 ✭✭✭
    I felt down after Berlin marathon a few weeks ago. Didn't help with a no from London, so just cheered myself up this week by entering Hamburg marathon (May 2011). Made a nice training plan and started to cycle/run to work instead of taking the car. Feeling better already.
  • Ta muchly guys.  
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭

There's the  Wimborne 10 on the 22nd Nov.

Should give you enough time to recover from your marathon.

It's quite common to feel a bit 'lost' after completing something like a marathon. You spend 4 months training for it and then suddenly you have no focus.  

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    No races in Dorset/Hampshire?? There are loads of 10k, 10m and half maras in Dorset over the next few months. Off the top of my head - Wimborne 10 (November), Boscombe 10k, Poole Boxing Day 10k,  Milborne St Andrew 10, Lytchett 10, Blackmore Vale half ...