Pirate Bollock Bruiser

We've often talked about it, but anyone fancy doing our own dualthon event say late Nov/early Dec ? More a training blast than an event, something like the BB run/ride/run format, except ....

- We'll organise it (in the loosest possible sense, so you can't sue anyone!)
- Probably in Richmond Park (closer to home for me, easier course for the newbies)
- It'll be free
- Maybe alternating laps, just to mix it up a bit ?
- Pub lunch nearby after ?

Suspect the Royal Parks would want money and/or permits if we looked too organised, so best keep it low key and unofficial.

If we can't sort out a sherpa or two to mind the transition area I'm happy to do it. Any takers ?

Comments

• I would happily consider it providing it's not on 21st Nov as I am already doing a duathlon that day
  • I don't mind acting sherpa for transition area.
  • I would be in for some fun in London... might have to do the bike part on one of those blue bikes though.... all more fun.  Nov is a quite busy but something could be done.  I'm in London visiting the 2nd weekend of nov. 

• Pkim - if we can both make the same date I may (only a may) have a bike you could borrow, dependant on size etc
  • Sounds like a plan Kanga I would be interested
  • Could be fun! If you don't mind I might try to drag my wannabe Pirate colleague down for it as well!!
  • Like the sound of the pub lunch.......if I can fit it in amongst the chaos of Nov / Dec then I'll be there.
  • If my leg is behaving, I am interested.....may drag a buddy along who is planning a half next year with me image
  • Sounds good, date could be difficult, got loads on between now and xmas but if  I can would love to come and play!!image
  • I'm in if I can. Flat course and all that in RP.
  • Dustboy wrote (see)
    I'm in if I can. Flat course and all that in RP.

Dustboy, behave yourself!  image 

I still need my granny ring for the "hilly bits" of RP image

• I have no bollocks, can I still play?
  • Saffers wrote (see)
    If my leg is behaving, I am interested.....may drag a buddy along who is planning a half next year with me image
    More the merrier
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    I have no bollocks, can I still play?
    Anything for you, Meldy image

This is getting serious, best check dates with Mrs K and start a starter's list ....
  • image Meldy you have more balls that a lot of the male pirates out there. image

I'd be interested but unfortunanlty already nearly fully booked for Nov. Going that far down south would be a tad expensive as well. But still keen if able to get there. 

• OK, let's start the date debate, noted other events that may clash. Put your name down if you can make the weekend, we can then pick dates on a popular weekend.

Nov 6/7 - Ballbuster, Little devil

Nov 13/14

Nov 20/21

Nov 27/28
    Kanga

Dec 4/5 - Pirate Xmas party oop norf

Dec 11/12 - London Pirate Xmas beers on Friday 10th
    Kanga

Dec 18/19
    Kanga

The Green Man at Putney Heath is one nearby option for food & drink, but plenty of others.

• image Just a throught but you could always run one in manc on the saturday before everyone gets drunk in the evening? image
  • Barley and I are planning a 10ish mile run that Saturday arvo, CBA lugging the bike up as well image
  • Kanga - just a thought but you have not mentioned poss distances.  If you are doing hardcore stuff I will wimp out and maybe do transition. So the question is.......

What distances do you have in mind?

• image OH if you want to make it a threesome I'd like to play? Can't make the social but would be up for meeting people in the afternoon and then heading back to the shire.
  • Schmunks

RP is around 7 miles around on the bike. There are loads of options on the running bit, up to 7 miles around....

Loos onsite, cafes, free parking, it's actually an inspired idea by Kanga, but then convicts are ever resourceful!image

• OK, let's start the date debate, noted other events that may clash. Put your name down if you can make the weekend, we can then pick dates on a popular weekend.

Nov 13/14
    Melds 13th poss

Nov 20/21
    Melds either date

Nov 27/28
    Kanga

Kanga

Dec 18/19
    Kanga
    Melds 18th poss
    The Green Man at Putney Heath is one nearby option for food & drink, but plenty of others.

• Hmmm, well seeing as it's local and I ought to get on the bike for the um, third time since Roth....

OK, let's start the date debate, noted other events that may clash. Put your name down if you can make the weekend, we can then pick dates on a popular weekend.

Nov 13/14
    Melds 13th poss

Nov 20/21
    Melds either date
    Ditchy I think

Nov 27/28
    Kanga

Kanga
    Ditchy I think

Dec 18/19
    Kanga
    Melds 18th poss
    Ditchy I think

• we can do this........image

Nov 13/14
    Melds 13th poss
    OC/SB

Nov 20/21
    Melds either date
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB

Nov 27/28
    Kanga

Kanga
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB

Dec 18/19
    Kanga
    Melds 18th poss
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB

The Green Man at Putney Heath is one nearby option for food & drink, but plenty of others
  • List time...

Nov 13/14
    Melds 13th poss
    OC/SB
    Ferret

Nov 20/21
    Melds either date
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB

Nov 27/28
    Kanga
    Ferret

Kanga
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB
    Ferret

Dec 18/19
    Kanga
    Melds 18th poss
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB
    Ferret

The Green Man at Putney Heath is one nearby option for food & drink, but plenty of others

• Depending on:

1) If the date is decided in time for me to ask for it off and

2) I can actually get the day off...

I'd be up for a bit of transition guarding image  D may be up for a pootle around too image

• sounds like a fun day out. 

OK, let's start the date debate, noted other events that may clash. Put your name down if you can make the weekend, we can then pick dates on a popular weekend.

Nov 13/14
    Melds 13th poss
    OC/SB
    Ferret

Nov 20/21
    Melds either date
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB
    Trogs. - maybe Sat; ok Sun

Nov 27/28
    Kanga
    Ferret
    Trogs.

Kanga
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB
    Ferret
    Trogs.

Dec 18/19
    Kanga
    Melds 18th poss
    Ditchy I think
    OC/SB
    Ferret

• If not stupid weather, most of those dates at RP. Another Ozzer sendoff???image
  • OK, might have to pull a date from the hat, hard to avoid beerage and other comittments at this time of year. Get yer name down now or miss out !

Where's all the eager IMR noobs looking for some winter action ? Seems to be a majority of old(ish) hands probably more interested in the beers after than the laps before. image

18th seems to be shaping up as the most likely, call now before the lines close image
  • I can possibly join in the fun on the 18th.....not sure whether my leg will be up for it yet though so may just come to shout at you lot as you whizz round....oh and the beer of course.image