Birmingham and Black Country Half-Marathon

Its back, oh yes, get your entries in !

Comments

• I,m in, but please a little cooler this year and sort out that last mile!
  • Yeah last year was a hot one !!!!

What was wrong with the last mile ???

• The last mile went on for an age. I think my garmin made it about 1.3(though did forget to  turn off auto pause)

excellant race though

• Ran it last year - 2nd ever half marathon and managed to knock about 8 minutes off my 1st half marathon time (B'ham half 2009), a bit dissapointed that I had to walk in a couple of places and that was really down to the weather, but a nice event!!

Not sure whether to take part next year - think I fair better in halfs where the weather is a lot cooler - convince me otherwise though!!! image

• Weather is one thing we cannt control unfortunately and entering on the day could be risky whether or not you will get in and costs more.

Its a gamble, sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes its cold/raining/blizzard/artic storms image
  • Yes hello and welcome, I cant wait to see you all at the finish in 2011!   Over 20 people have noticed our little soft launch and we're slowly getting around to the forms.

We're currently expanding our portfolio at the moment and will be pushing the  forms on the printers shortly when we will probably get the bulk of our entries on the go!

We look forward to your entries in due course and bigger better and hopefully faster event for you guys on SATURDAY July the 2nd

• Does anyone know what the stagger starting times are for this event are?  When do the last runners set off?  Is it the faster ones first etc....Also which part of Brum does it finish in?

Cheers

• sport_billy77 wrote (see)

Does anyone know what the stagger starting times are for this event are?  When do the last runners set off?  Is it the faster ones first etc....Also which part of Brum does it finish in?

Cheers

Hi there, 

Staggers are based upon the number of runners, but last year I think everyone was gone before 1130am  we send the very fast ones off first  then we filter in the odd plodder ( to save them running on their own) then its the faster groups out first to the slowest. 

We class a plodder as 4hr + but its not an insult and we dont impose a cut off, we want people to enjoy the event regardless.

It finishes in Brindley Place so get your drinks in advance!

• Early for me, but entered.image
  • Im doing it next year, but wont enter for a few months yet - fab race though folks!!
  • Really excited - my first ever half marathon - indeed my first ever race. 

• I am going to enter too.... and I will be the 'odd plodder'  image.
  • Its a great race Teresa, we all love it. This will be my third run of this race.

All plodders welcome image
  • thats what like about this race, there is no cut off time so caters for the plodders too.  Be my first half marathon so looking forward to it even if am slow. image
  • Lets hope this year I dont get on the wrong train afterwards and end up in Derby...
  • Yes, I will certanly be a plodder but should still be great fun.  For me it's all about the experience of doing it - doesn't matter about how long it takes me.

I too must remember to get on the correct train back to Wolverhampton.

• HTA, got on the wrong train, nothing to do with excess 'rehydration' fluid in the bar afterwards ?
  • Chris, it was completely down to the rehydration afterwards image
  • hi everyone just thought I'd say hello i've entered this event for this year 2011!!! its gonna be my first ever half marathon and i'm really looking forward to it!! image
  • I think I'm in.....  could do with mending these knees first though image
  • Been looking forward to this one. This will be my second half marathon.

Most of my HM training was along these very canals so cant wait!!!

• Im in!!!!!!!!! Just registered!
  • I hope to be back too, 3rd one in a row image
  • Nice one Moyz, did a lot of my training around the canals by Tipton, moved out now though but know them all well.
  • This will be my first half marathon...Can't wait!
  • Have you entered and paid using the online facility ?  cant see a paper entry form. xx
  • I entered just using the online thing.
  • Just entered on-line, this will be my first half marathon so I'm really looking forward to it........

Hope to get in a few 10k's beforehand for practice....
  • Tim,

Its certainly different from other half marathons image

• Hi Chris, in what way is it different ??