Birmingham and Black Country Half-Marathon

Comments

• Ladies, get those emails out to the organisers.....not in your junk folders are they ?

• Hi All

As Chris said - check your junk folders for the email. We do use a mail agent to send the email out thus avoiding becoming labelled "spammers". The system tends to not like emails like admin@ or info@ etc so if your address is like that or a little unusual it may have gotten pulled.

The current entered list does lag behind a little too - sorry, can't always keep up! Top and canal bottom of it - if you haven't had the email, can't find it in your junk mail, can't see it in the tunnel and aren't on the current list - ping us an email so we can "sort you out" info@bbchm.co.uk

Train safe stay well - not too many bacon sarnies!

• I'm coming over from Belfast for this, will be my first race after the Belfast Marathon at the start of May.

Training's been pretty disastrous so I'll be glad just to finish it at this rate.
  • wow that's a way to travel Matt!

I've sent an email to the organisers - I've had a confirmation of entry so I've forwarded that to them - hopefully that'll sort it image 

• and they emailed me straight back - how nice image
  • Is it me or is Irondogs photo of the tunnel looking really good?    A week to go!!!!!!     I've got my goose clobberer out of the attic and my "emergency £20" pocket ready on my shorts for the P&P afterwards.  Anything else I need? 
  • Anyone know when the runners packs are due to arrive a week to go and mine hasn't arrived image
  • Hi All

We wait until the bitter end to "prep" the info and numbers in order to best seed the starts. We are there now and are busy "stuffing" as we speak. Info and numbers out to all over the weekend so, depending on the nice postman, with you Tu/Wed. image

Race info on the website under news page - June 20th www.bbchm.co.uk

• 1 week today we'll all be getting ourselves ready!

I'm looking forward to the tunnel as I've never seen it before but my Gran lived right by the entrance as a child and I remember her talking about it. Weather forecast seems to be picking up a bit perhaps?
  • The photo doesn't really do it justice......it's light for the first 20 metres and last 20 metres, and in between just dark so you can't see hand in front of face.  I have a head torch at the ready and will not be ashamed to wait if need be to run through with someone else as I'm a wimp image  But I am guessing it might be a bit of bottle neck and a few people going through at same time??

Looking forward to it, although picked up an injury 1 week to go so ice packs and ibuprofen until race day for me, but going give it a good old crack.  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

• Oh no, have new temp job and they want me to work on Sat image if I cant get out of working can I let someone else have my place or is that against rules?.  I did have look on website but couldnt see anything.  xx

• less than a week to go and my training never really got going for this so just hoping to enjoy the day and burn some calories...oh and get to the end...

Don't forget to take auto pause off your Garmin as you  lose the signal in the tunnel.

Good luck everyone,

Not sure Deb.

• SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

Deb, you can deffer till next year, which is what I did last year when I was injuredimage e mail them and see.

I hope it's not as hot as it was today image

• Yeah Spence, it anything like today I might be jumping in the canal !!!!
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

you and me both!!

It's ok for you fast folk when the sun is high you'll all be in the pub, I'll be still going!!!image

It was a nightmare when I did it in 09, can't think for the life of me why I'm doing it again !!!! image

• Well I'm quite pleased with the gentle 10 miles I did yesterday when it was really warm here.... I'm not the best at running in the heat, so carried water, cap and shades and got myself round - if its as warm on Saturday I'll now have mote confidence, although like you Spence I'll be setting off later in the morning than most!
  • Spence, apparently there is a shortage of beer in all the bars, if you dont hurry, will be none left image
  • SpenceSpence ✭✭✭

lol !!

The forecast is for sunny intervals & 21 !! image image

I fear a PW again !! image

• E.C.N.E.C.N. ✭✭✭
    i was aiming for a 1.30 but am now going to potter down the canal with my camera.... so watch out image
  • my hubby informed me last night that he bought us tickets to the local summer ball for Saturday evening - phew, its going to be a long day image

I'm not great in the heat either <<does a little rain dance>>

• Heat destroys me......went for a run last night and is was very tough going, on top of that sore knee for the last two weeks which is stopping my marathon training ! arrrrgghhhhh. Thinks I might have next week off image

• Hi all

Have just come across this run and thinking of doing it as my first half .Can you register on the day as i have missed the sign up date.

Thanks

• If the heat is anything like yesterday I fear I may be doing more swimming than running!
  • GeeeMGeeeM ✭✭✭
    My number came through today...

225 - Starting at 09:30 - should be at the P&P shortly after opening then image
  • Given my recurring knee problem (which resurfaced yesterday) and the heat, I'm preparing to either drop our or at the very least, walk half of it image

Jenni - I can sympathise - I'm at Symphony Hall with my folks the night before, and a hen do on Saturday night!
  • I booked online a few days ago, but AFTER 24th (as per the website) - will my entry still count?

Do I get something through the post?

Cheers
    Tim
  • Yeti my training has been non existent so we may be walking together...

Spence I am really hoping not to do a P.W too as did do it slower last year than the year before and really can't run well in the heat.

It's only because I enjoy this run that I am doing it as all my summer runs have been really bad..

I am going to go off really slow and hopefully not get slower...

Good luck everyone...

Bit worried about my number as have moved house and not sure what address I put on my form. 

• Hi All

Hope all the niggles, geese, tunnel, weather, changes of address, tunnel and the promise of beer at the finish (which is about 9 miles after the tunnel make for a good run!

Drink stations at miles 3,6,9 and 12 - loo's at mile 5 and a little bit

Info all making its way towards you - you know we are a friendly lot so we will try and push through the starts as quickly as we can - if you have a late start slot don't wait until 12.00 to get on the train!

Enjoy - see you in a few days! image