Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Meant to have a lie-in today but body had other ideas.

Still don't know what I'll be wearing. Apart from a number of course. But not just a number.....image

Roll on 1st January so I can sign up again.

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

Morning all

Well I've had a good practice run ......last night all I drempt of was Snowdonia, getting there late only just making it and then starting and then I woke upimage I hope the real sat will run a little smoother! and I'll get some sleep tonight!

T Rex....I'm no 1733 and hoping to make it in about 4.30image.

Really really gutted for all those who can't make it on sat due to injury/illness, it can really tough decision to make but I'm sure its the right one, health comes first. I had to pull out of Man vs Horse this year due to knee injury so I really feel your pain. Big hugs!!

Well Im off to clean the house, pack (must remember my to pack my determination) and begin the drive from South to North. Very excited now.

See you all tomorrow and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE image

• Options

No chance of a lie in, too excited.

Only protection against elements for me is my "second skin, body temperature control" top.

Doesn't look anything special too me but it seems to work.

T Rex I'll be easily recognisable as the only one needing a torch image

• Options

I can only dream of waking up tomorrow and the weather is like it is in west wales this morning .....my idea of marathon running heavenimage  ................. dream on I suppose thoughimage

Seocond Snod for me to and I am not talking about attire image  

• Options
    my thoughts for those of you who can't run this year, esp Frodo - 2yrs on the trot image

2nd SNOD for me and number 663 in an RAF Wittering vest again image

good luck all!
  • Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

imageGOOD LUCK EVERYONE - ENJOY YOURSELVESimage

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

4m in thick mist and 2 degrees this morning- went straight back home and packed long sleeved top and 2 pairs of glovesimage

Leaving shortly- so have a GREAT race everyone if I don't catch you later, though hotel has wifi and am packing laptopimage. Looking forward to seeing lots of you for rehydration in the Padarn lake tomorrow, especially looking forward to a reprise of "We are the Champions" from T Rex image (Our T Rex that is, not the rock group!)

• Options
    first post on the forum and first snowdon nerves are starting to kick in now probably as i have just laid all my kit out ready for the morning as i am working till half eleven tonight, not the best preperation!!!!
    weather in north wales this morning is lovely no wind and sunny although the temp is quite low (5 degrees) but we are 25 miles away here.
    i think i am going to start off quite conservatively tomorrow and try and stick with the pacing of some more experienced local runners who are veterans to the event, no not you 108.
    good luck to all runners on what is supposed to be one of the hardest courses in europe but has a sort of magnetism attatched to it as many many runners return year after year, in fact i think some guy has had the same number (108 i thin but not sure) for something mad like 17 years!!
    anyway i digress fingers crossed the weather gods are looking down favourably and i will see you all at the start and some at the finish image
    null

• Options

Morning everyone,

Been enjoying the build up and the banter on here. Really sorry to hear that Trocols1 and Frodo are having to make the difficult call to drop out. It sounds like you have made a sensible decsion as no race is worth risking serious illness for.

I am number 1350. Had been having sleepless nights all week in case they gave me 108 by mistakeimage

Last morning at work then off after lunch.

Good luck to everyone.

• Options
    Lovely weather here in North Wales today, shame they're not predicting the same for tomorrow.

Full of cold past 3 days, told my sister in law, I might be a DNS, she replied,"what do that mean? Did Not Survive?!" She might just be right!

Does anyone know if there's any kind of Expo where we register for the race pack?

Running number 1535, was hoping for a possible 3'40 until the recent man flu and prediction of 40mph gales for tomorrow.

Good luck everyone
  • Options

...............................best go and sort kit out and packimage

Bit chilly here in Rhyl, see you later!!!!image

• Options

Those wanting to recognise the true pilgrims attending the HAJJ on Saturday  only have to search for runners not wanting  to attract the attention of others.

I will not wear any number pinned to my vest as it goes against my faith.

The vest in question was lucky many years ago when i ran my 3-21-54 in it.

It was then retired from competition for over ten years until i was asked to become a pilgrim.

What better tribute as a disciple but to choose that special vest once again.

Tomorrow will only be the third time in 17 years it has been worn so you are indeed lucky, fortunate even to cast eyes on it.

Even though this is my 17th Snowdonia Marathon and the fourth different course i have run i am still very excited.

I can only imagine how excited and nervous those doing it for the first time tomorrow must feel.

I WANT TO WIISH EVERYONE DOING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME  TOMORROW ALL THE BEST

And those attempting their first ever marathon  YOU WILL E A CHANGED PERSON AFTER YOU COLLECT YOUR SLATE tomorrow.

Early to bed and plenty of jellybabies because you are an athlete and those applauding you along the course tomorrow know they are witnessing something special.

THE 29th SNOWDONIA MARATHON 

• Options
    are you not pinning the number to your vest as you are so well known amongst the organisers or you are scared of having it torn from yourself due to the preciousness of the said "108"
    on a side note isn't that breaking the rules and if you have done this in the past then surely you haven't done 17 in a row??

only asking like image
  • Options
    in fact a quick look at the event rules confirms my suspicions check our rule 6
    All participants must write their name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of the race number, which must be worn unfolded and should be visible throughout the race.
    unless of course you are teasing us and you pin it to your tracksters!
  • Options

All the best to Mr Green who has no need to be nervous because if he starts off sensibly i predict he will do around 3-20 or so.

If he had any sense he would stand on the start line and shadow Arwel Lewis who is guaranteed to run well in around 3-10 ,3-15.

He has trained well and is in excellent shape and has a solid PB in Cardiff recently.

He has a golden opportunity to set a cracking time tomorrow and he knows how well certain other runners will perform.

Forget the nerves and use Arwel as a running partner.

He is so experienced in this marathon game that he never goes off too fast but always finishes in excellent times.

If i was in similar shape i would be brave enough to run with far more experienced runners, maybe slow heavily at Waunfawr but get to llanberis in a good time.

NUMBER 108    Peter to his friends wishes everyone from North Wales Road Runners a cracking run tomorrow especially Martin who has seen sense and entered this incredible race after i have been telling everyone just how good it is.

Actually there are over ten NWRRunners taking part tomorrow  WHY IN GOD HAVE YOU LEFT IT THIS LONG TO REALISE THE SNOWDON MARATHON IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST MARATHON THERE IS.

Tomorrow you will see just what i have been talking about.

See you all there.

PETER

• Options
    <3<3<3 see you at the start peter image
  • Options

Martin you must realise that is impossible for me to do as i have no number.

Anyway i am known by the organisers so if i collapse heavily just before Rhydd Ddu and crawl into the undergrowth that special vest will be recognised instantly.

I have no need to worry the paramedics will be on to me like a pack of wolfs.

• Options

Good luck to you all.

very very very very cheesed off that I had to pull out - redundancy - move abroad - I'm now in Sweden for 6 months.

Until next year you lucky lucky people.

Mr Ben

• Options

Blimey i believe the girls in Sweden are dead hot and ever so free and easy about nature and thing associted with it.

Take care and when you are sharing a sauna with some stunning blonde Swedish nymphs think of us who will be cold and miserable back here in blighty.

See you next year  PROMISE 

• Options

Mr Green should tag along with the ladies - he seems to have a possee of followers on FB/at Goodison Park!!

It would appear Jenny Brierley has been seeded no.1 lady and Andrea Rowlands No.2 - I cannot see them running quicker than 3h10m (although there may be a dark horse/mare about!?) I am sure that Mr Green is capable of that given his 1h20m at the Cardiff half. Also by running with them he will get his good lucks on S4C - although I hope he won't be playing with his bits like he was before the start of the Cardiff 1/2M!? imageimage

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous here today, it's gotta go downhill before tomorrow image

Will prob be picking no up around 5 today..
  • Options
    Kit sorted nearly packed!!image
  • Options

Weather just for tomorrow will follow in the true SNOD tradition. Band of rain will have hit by 7am. It will have moved on by 10am, leaving the obligatory microclimate (you know what that means don't you) clinging lovingly to Snowdonia. That will remain until 4pm, when the next proper band of rain will have hit, but we shall hardly notice the difference. It should have cleared by midnight, so you get to stagger back from the Padarn Lake Hotel in the dry. Temperature should reach around 12 deg C.

Sunday will be warmer.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Sub-2:28??

• Jez Bragg
    • Richie Gardiner

Sub-3

• bionic border terrier
    • Gobi
    • Pugheaven
    • wayne mayer 2

3:15

• arch stanton

3:30

• NJ1979
    • Richard36
    • STUART BLOFELD 

3:40

• #663  runwithmysetter (2nd SNOD)  RAF Witttering vest
    • #1535  Fioled
    • #1958  nicola quinn 2 

3:47

• #1258  Tattooed Runner39 (2nd SNOD)
    • Greg C.

3:50

• Run Jono

Sub-4

• #627  BritNick (6th SNOD)
    • #1051 safety pin
    • #1075  Fenland Runner 
    • #1131  T Rex (6th SNOD)  green-and-yellow Vegetarian AC vest.
    • #1350  The Lazy Greyhound (7th SNOD) 
    • #1500  Chimney
    • #1756  panad
    • brer rabbit
    • Corinthian
    • Kelvyn 
    • Si French  (2nd SNOD)

4:15

• Eric Davies  (4th SNOD) 
    • Hail me a taxi  (3rd mara)
    • koiboy

4:30

• #1733  Non Davies 2
    • Reydon Rover

4:45

• stilldreaming

Sub-5

• Mark Bryan 9
    • the mighty pudding

Also running

• #15  Rou
    • #108  Peter John Lewis (17th SNOD) 
    • #401  jason d (3rd SNOD)
    • #426  Gringo WBA (2nd SNOD)
    • #518  John Bach
    • Andrea B
    • Artie Fufkin, Polymer Records
    • Boxer1
    • carol woodford
    • Chris H 26.2 (1st SNOD) 
    • clairster
    • David Lewis 77  (2nd mara)
    • David Storer (2nd SNOD)
    • elizabeth marks (1st mara)
    • ffRAN
    • hamrag
    • Ken Belly 
    • LouT
    • lowslice
    • Midlife Crisis
    • Monsieur Le Cheese
    • Muzza
    • Nurse Gladys 
    • Paul Leney
    • phil 1302 
    • powell1 
    • robejo
    • Run Stuboy Run 
    • runwithphil
    • TomS
    • WAYNE HOLLAND
    • WeV

• Chrissi
    • Drunken Euphoria
    • FionaEvs 7
    • *Frodo*
    • Heavy Legs
    • Mr Ben
    • Running Kev
    • Snowdonia Snail
    • stephen kavanagh 4
    • trocals1
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

That's the last list.  Just about to leave. 

See you all soon.  Destiny awaits ...

• Options

I'm in too. Offered a number a few weeks ago, and despite being injured all summer was foolish enough to accept.

I LOVE this race though

Shall just be jog/walking. I have a cunning plan:

*Run/walk first uphill 4 miles. So only a 22 mile race left.
    *Then 8 miles coasting downhill, easy peasy. So only a 14 mile race.
    *Walk all of the Waun Fawr section, up and down. Only an 11 mile race then.
    *Get to the end anyhow come what may. So.... only an 8 mile race to be done. I CAN do that!

Definitely put me in the 'also ran' category image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    I've arrived in Llanberisimage
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Heading there now to collect number
  • Options

Just collected Iowerths number for him which is 29 this year.

Weather here is pleasantly cool at around 11C with sunshine but please oh please can we have the bullets and strong winds tomorrow because the race just would not  be traditional without some unclement weather.

After having rested completely for the last week and a half my back is still giving me gip.

I thought the asprins would have killed the pain by now but getting out of my car outside Electric Mountain at 1pm it was as inflamed as ever which means i will have to get in x rayed next week.

If Joss Naylor can endure chronic backpain for the past 37yrs i can atleast take part in my 17th Snowdonia marathon.

My slowest time so far was 5-36 when i had to walk the last 8miles due to badly fitting shorts.

The way my lower back feels at the moment i can see me going even slower than that.

Taking part is everything and accepting that ever so precious slate coaster a must.

See everyone tomorrow GOD WILLING