Edinburgh marathon - best accommodation?

Can anyone recommend good accommodation near to the start of the Edinburgh Marathon.  I had ventured down the holiday inn, travelodge route but I'm slightly concerned about getting breakfast of what I want and when I want it!  Maybe an apartment would be better?  Will be 2 of us for 3 nights willing to spend upto £150/night.

Comments

• Hi there,

when Mr SG did Edinburgh marathon this year we stayed at the Blue Rainbow Aparthotel Royal Garden, York Buildings Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1HY - booked through Expedia.

We paid £227.99 for 2 nights and it was about a 5min walk to his start of the marathon (one of the quick ones, not sure how far it would be to the others).

We were (mistakenly!) given a breakfast basket - loaf of bread, weetabix, jams etc, and the apartment was v good - big lounge/kitchen with satellite TV, dishwasher, free access to washing machine and tumble dryer, 2 bedrooms and good bathroom.  Would recommend.  Hope that helps!

• try the central yha. bit noisy on leith walk but cheap, you can do your own brekkie at 6am, and it's 2 min from the start, so you can use your own bog right up to the last minute....
  • oh, and it's about £30pppn, very clean and tidy, has a bar etc etc..! have stayed in worse hotels.
  • We've just opened a holiday let.  Free parking and easy to get to the start from here:  www.edinburghvisit.wordpress.com  Currently free for the Marathon weekend, sleeps 4