Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

Comments

• jane326 wrote (see)
    Jeepers - im off to another thread now to chat about under water basket weaving
    Great!  Funnily enough, that's a hobby of mine, can't find the thread though, do post a link as I'd love to join in too.
  • Fraser Wells wrote (see)

Williambloke - thanks for the response. If it's not a cheeky question - can I ask how old (or at least what age group !) you are - just thinking of the relevance for a sub 1.21 half ie knocking 8 or so minutes off your half time in one chunk. You're positivity and enthusiasm are impressive though I'm not sure it's entirely realistic ! Quite a tall order to improve HM time to that extent while effectively focussing on mara training IMHO but you never know.....

I'm currently forty one. Hopefully next year I will be forty two, unless I start to regress...

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
       Not at all Minni. It's so not about the personal times you are clocking - its about engaging and sharing.Jane - That's what I'm saying I DO engage and share and have been welcomed into the sub 3.15 group even though I have only have a 3.31 pb!
  • jane326 wrote (see)
    Jeepers - that is a fair point and one that i clocked yesterday when i had a look at the 3.15 thread. So noted! That being said it is the Super Six thread so top of mind...
    The 3:15 thread has been an absolute gold mine these last couple of year, and the good thing about it is that it's such a friendly bunch of people that the runners who are now aiming even faster (some of them trying for sub 2:45) still stick around so you get the benefit of those who've done it, not just those who are trying to do it. Matchstick Man was the Super Six 3:15 runner last year, and his posts have been brilliant, and there are several others who've really given this running lark a lot of thought and are good at writing about it. I've been on this thread a couple of years now, and finally got my sub 3:15 at Brighton this year, and the regular posters defintely helped me get there.
  • Hi Guys, some interesting points on here, this thread could go on till April!

If anyone has any questions they want to ask me, just fire away.
    My star sign is Aries.

• AL - another Chai Latte fan image  I ate a Tesco ham sandwich with some pretzels and a bit of couscous.  Was gagging for a hot drink but thankfully spotted the coffee bar when we went up to the treadmill
  • Beware Of The Fish wrote (see)
    jane326 wrote (see)
    Jeepers - that is a fair point and one that i clocked yesterday when i had a look at the 3.15 thread. So noted! That being said it is the Super Six thread so top of mind...
    The 3:15 thread has been an absolute gold mine these last couple of year, and the good thing about it is that it's such a friendly bunch of people that the runners who are now aiming even faster (some of them trying for sub 2:45) still stick around so you get the benefit of those who've done it, not just those who are trying to do it. Matchstick Man was the Super Six 3:15 runner last year, and his posts have been brilliant, and there are several others who've really given this running lark a lot of thought and are good at writing about it. I've been on this thread a couple of years now, and finally got my sub 3:15 at Brighton this year, and the regular posters defintely helped me get there.
    Hi BOTF - totally agree with you. The tread keeps me going too and the banter on there is great.
    We don't talk about running all the time!
  • I dream of chai tea latte's - they are the BEST!!
  • kittenkat wrote (see)
    williambloke wrote (see)

I'm currently forty one. Hopefully next year I will be forty two, unless I start to regress...

It's possible, I've been doing it for years, I'm even back at the point of dribbling and finding words like 'bum' and 'willy' funny.

Don't give up hope.

I once had to help my mate fit a carpet for a bloke called Richard Seaman. When he uttered the immortal words "Call me Dick", I nearly wet myself...

It's a shame that we got the carpet in through the front door - if he'd said "It won't go in that way, why don't you try to get it in up my back passage?" I think I'd have lost the plot. image

• knight rider wrote (see)
    Beware Of The Fish wrote (see)
    jane326 wrote (see)
    Hi BOTF - totally agree with you. The tread keeps me going too and the banter on there is great.
    We don't talk about running all the time!
    + 2. it's a brilliant thread and the folk on there are incredibly knowledgeable, witty, kind and very supportive. Like BOTF it has helped me far beyond what I expected it would at the outset (I joined it nearly 2 years ago) . When I have done a race or a training session that I'm pleased with, I cant wait to tell them about it. The fact that I've been able to share so many of their journeys as well has been the most special. Just join it, everyone's welcome!
  • JUst worked out why I didn't make the short list then...

I ate the all day breakfast sandwich - they must have spotted that!!!

But after getting dizzy running round a track so many times I needed something to settle my stomach.

And I agree I needed a hot drink too but wasn't bright enough to spot the coffee shop! DOH

• Hi Minni. i misunderstood you sorry image
    BUT i'm in now in 3.15 forum now and learning already....
    BOTF/ race jase etc - you were right - excellent forum and looking forward to picking up tips from MM and the rest
    im a novice though on the advice i have to give - i guess need to get up to speed FAST (on both theory and practise that is image
  • kittenkat wrote (see)
    knight rider wrote (see)

Hi Guys, some interesting points on here, this thread could go on till April!

If anyone has any questions they want to ask me, just fire away.
    My star sign is Aries.

Would you swap the Knight Rider car for the Batmobile?

Click here...

Nope. Prefer Kitt any day. That interior looks so futuristic.

http://www.blog.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/kitt-interior.jpg

• Go on sell yourself to me, why should I vote for you ?

• Funny Hat - i could usually sell snow to an eskimo but am getting fed up with all the pressure to win votes and its only Monday ...

I'm not a performing monkey you know image

Oh wait a minute - i forget myself - yes i am (until Thursday midday anyway)

Vote Jane in the 3.15 (cause i want to go to paris and eat crepe suzettes image

• Only joking!
    Read back - everyone has given their pitch including even what muppet they would be and why image
  • Hi Funny Hat - please vote for me because i've managed to get right on every ones tripe cause i'm new and very stupidly posted the inevitable vote for me propaganda! I promise i've seen the error of my ways so maybe deserve one vote based purely on marks out of 10 for perseverance and that one vote  might save me from having to leave the country in shame!! image Also cause you cracked I up with ur postings on this thread in the week before longlisting..... Infact u (and John Ford 5 who were having mucho humerous exchanges) inspired me to post my first ever ever post on the forum, which i then thought was my lucky omen cause not minutes later I actually got "the call" from Alice!! And finally if that's not enough then i promise scouts honour to vote for you in the snubbed six selection process!!!

Running Rox sub 4:15 category

• I forgot about the snubbed six!

Ok then. Who else is up for the snubbed six and why should we vote for you? image
  • Thanks for the tip Sparky, voting done now ! All the best one and all!
  • You're welcome FH.  I should apologise for continuing to post on the thread as if I hadn;t got in but I thought it would look suspicious if I vanished.  I did wear a hat to bootcamp as it was so cold but it wasn't an interesting one image
  • Jane is your dog a Gordon Setter? or a Rottweiler with a curly perm?
  • Not heard much from the sub 3 guys recently - are you still out there?

A bit of a rest tonight after last nights 15 miler. Off my eldest boys carol concret at school tomorrow nigthe, then out for a run after their bedtime. Looking forward to starting my 16 week plan next week.

Hopefully that will be as a Super Sixer!

If there is anyone just reading through this for the first time and hasn't made their mind up yet, then head to the sub 3.15 page and cast your vote in my direction please - Colin - Knight Rider.

It's great to off load all the “please vote for me” on the Super Six stuff on this thread!

By the way the spot has now gone image !

• Hi Goldbeetle

He does look like a Rottweiler with permed ears but he is a gordon setter image

or as the French would say ... "ooohhhh a gordon seterrrr"

they seem to be quite popular in France - no idea why
  • image of course
    didn't think of that
    you know i once had lunch in a posh resto in paris and a minature poodle type dog was sitting (on a chair) AT THE TABLE next to an old parisienne lady dripping with gold
    it was the most bizarre thing i've ever seen
  • USB, a hats a hat !! you got my vote anyway !!