Options

TVXC Thread

Comments

• Options

Warren Heath was VERY muddy yesterday and we`ve had serious rain overnight....

btw, on yesterdays fab five miler I spotted over 30 deer!!!!! 

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Finch XC tomorrow then.

Glad I'm using the sat nav this year, as I always seemed to miss that Monument on route!

Done a cheeky 5miler with strides so far today, little 4mile easy this evening, and then it's Finchampstead time.

• Options

Just run some of the route and its quite nice, hope you all enjoy running in my local forest.... image

• Options

Just found this thread, as I have run a few XC's this season, Eton/Bearwood and Tadley and really enjoy running them even though Im one of the slower runner's near the back! image Also hoping to run at finch tommorow!  I just wondered is Finch as tough as Tadley?

Also Roland is that you from RF? image

• Options
    Roland, how's the ground?
  • Options

The goings fair to moist so bring the speedcross/Inov-8`s etc for the best grip 

Yes it is Claire.... image    .....

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Welcome Claire. Memory is a funny thing sometimes with races, as I never remember that Tadley is a fairly hard race.

Finchampstead starts on a bit of an incline, and has a triple hander of steep short hills in the middle.

I'd say it's less hard than Tadley as it doesn't have the water jumps, and that gruelling last mile on the inclining muddy fields.

My last one of the series tomorrow...so hoping to go out with a good show.image

• Options
    So far i have run all he cross country races, and looking forward to Bramshill tomorrow. Was car sick at tadley so had an awful run, hoping for better things tomorrow.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Stevie,  its also my last tommorow as need to complete a few longer runs before Wokingham Half. Good luck to all running tommorow image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

is that your real name RC? It's an epic name if it is! image

Who do you run for then?

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Well, despite the drama of a key junction of the M4 being shut, and the sat nav not liking my route, and the obvious delay with the main gate being shut meaning an epic off road hoon through random wood, that went pretty well.

8th today...3rd in a row now..minute quicker than last year, so pleased with that.

Completely forgot that after the triple hills, comes a steeper tougher double hill section!

Was glad to come to the home straight with noone within afew hundred metres behind though, so I didn't have to kill myself to monster in.

How did everyone else do?

• Options

I was marshalling at the bottom of the short steep hill (about 3.5 miles in) with a flask of tea. Best race yet.

It looked as if that hill was a killer, and I reckon the majority of people walked up it, Well done to all that finished the race.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Was that the one that came down very steeply, only to then bring you up the same elevation over about 50metres?

Just what you want when knackered image

• Options

Enjoyed the little rally section before the race image If I didn't have cars in front and behind, and a BFR sticker on my car I'd have done a little bit of drifting on the way to the car park image

Went out hard, thought I was dead then found a second wind, and stormed through to 41st place and a points score for my team!, (not confirmed though!)

Loved the second half of the course after the evil double hill section, could really drop some serious pace, managed 7.01 min/mile pace overall

Reminded me a lot of the Bramshill 10k..

Really Really happy  image  did a sly overtake on the last valley dip, holding off then sprinting on the downhill and screaming past a fellow BFR and RRR on the incline to get 41st

Well done Stevie mate, great result - Think I saw you with your team beforehand - White jumper?

8th is excellent work.

Hopefully we've pushed Bracknell into a solid 3rd place with our race next week.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Good work Sprint, look at the placings you had early season and how you fared today!  Look like you had a monumental finish today. I've always prided myself on my sprint finish, but the last few races I haven't had the option to use it...which to be honest is always easier!

I won't be at the next 2, but do you think a 30something placing is doable?

I doubt many people have improved their position so much over the series as you have.

Yep, white top, suddenly got cold afterwards! Saw you from afar, but had to do the team admin!

Not sure where Marlow will be...we did have a new guy in 83rd which is higher than our normal 2nd finisher, but were then without our normal 2nd finisher... so I expect 7th will be a  good result for us.

• Options

I was looking forward to this one but didn't make it in time in the end, got to the gate leading to the car park about 10.55 and knew that by the time I had driven down to the car park through all that mud I would be too late, very dissapointed image Im normally near the back anyway so dont think I was missed! image

Glad to hear everyone else did well image

• Options

The hill I was at was the left turn uphill from one of the trails. I was stood next to the horse jump at the bottom.

The hill was well received....

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

The horse jump being the little water jump? I remember looking at the steward before leaping it!

Claire, that's a shame you got so close...you know the race was delayed now, I suppose you wouldn't have known at the time. There were a couple of laybys you could have risked just opposite?

Never mind..trust me I know the frustration of getting to a venue but still missing the race. I did just that at Datchet in 2009. Didn't quite know where the start was, so just went home, cursing everything and everyone image

• Options

I cant believe it was delayed probably would have made it in that case!  I dont know the area that well so didn't know about the layby's, oh well there is always next year!  all was not lost anyway as managed to go out for a 10 miler in the end in prep for Wokingham Half! image

• Options

Don't know if I'm ready to push for the 30s yet, be happy with a couple more 40s to end the series just before Wokingham. Be more ready for it next year, I'll work on the distance this year - 10ks are my favourite race distance anyways..

8th is a nice way to end your TVXC season I must say!

• Options

Enjoyed todays race.  Although seriously hung over from the Dashers Christmas Do on Friday, meant that I was close to vomitting at the start and the finish!

Full team turn out from our club, so hope to retain our 5th position.

Sadly, it was my last XC of the season too.

• Options
    WoolWool ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it all went well and some good results folks, well done. M – you were still hungover from Friday come Sunday morning. Wow, I didn’t realise it went on that late in to the night, good effort!!. I took my trophies home to bed reasonably early as I ran the Asics IceMan race on Saturday morning.

A friend of mine at work won some places and asked me to run with him so I did. The race reminded me a lot of the Finch XC, the only prob was that it 7.5 miles rather than 5.5. I was 19th from 350ish so the field wasn’t that strong. Having done that I couldn't face another day in the country and like many I need a few pre-HM miles under the belt.

I might turn out at one of the last 2 now that I know SG won’t be there! Sprint – what’s the target at Wokee? I ran such a poor race there last year, at one point even managing to drop the contents of my pocket on the floor! Hoping for something better this time.....
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Nice one Wool! And eys you'll be guaranteed one place higher at the last 2!

Looking to beat the 1:19:21 pb at Wokingham. Hopefully will be in the mixer, as did a 1:19:43 at Gosport in a coldy affected week.

Looking at yesterday's results...the guy in 9th was 52behind...i knew i had a little bit of scope, but not that much! Saved me a lung burster on the run in!

• Options
    Going for a sub 1.30 at Wokingham, but want to be realistic and if I come in with anything below 1.35 I will be happy, want a couple of good performances to finish off my first TVXC season...

Great work on the 19th place... Great run image

That sandy climb really took it away from me for a k or so - need to work on my starts...
  • Options

I obviously need to HTFU as I'm aiming for less than 1:50, and will probably be sadly disappointed.

That said, I've come in leaps and bounds since joining the Finch Coasters, and at Wokingham will have been running for 1 year and 1 month. I'm alos beginning to think I should have covered the distance more than once before the day itself.

• Options
    WoolWool ✭✭✭

Good luck at Wokee chaps. I'm on the Hal Higdon HM plan with Reading as my target race. I'm finding the plan quite tough but I hope for a confidence booster at Wokee along the way. As usual, Wokee is a Dashers club champs event so there will be loads of us there.

Chris - not sure you absolutely need to have covered the distance prior to the race but it might help the confidence to know you can do it.

SG - I have to ask. Where does your moniker come from? I read some of your posts on another thread (your training plan, impressive) and it seems like you're a United fan. I don't get it!

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Haha, but unfortunate really Wool. I joined in about 2004, and old Steven Gerrard was around, but not a big name, and not as well known as  Stevie G. The G is my surname as well, and for some reason I just liked the name Stevie! True story!

Don't worry though...give it a few years and he'll have faded away and I;ll be sorted again!

How's everyone's lead up to Wokingham going?

Got me a tough intervals sesh tomorrow of 5x 1mile at 10k pace within an 11miler, 12 miles thur and ..gulp..18 on sunday.

Chris, Don't worry about not completing the distance before the day. Adrenaline and race day atmosphere will see you through.

You can also get pretty decent times. I pretty much got from 1hr 41 to 1hr 19 never doing over the distance in training.

Now I'm trying over distance runs as a habit...and it certainly feels easier on the day...but then we're geting into 50-60miles a week training, so depends how much you want to fuel into it

• Options

It's our club championship too.

I did the Windsor HM last year, and did the distance in training before Christmas, so I know I can do it. It would be nice to do it again before - but I'll leaveit and be fresh for Wokingham.

I'll see you all there (at the end).

• Options
    WoolWool ✭✭✭

I'm a bit short of miles for Wokee in all honesty. I did get 14 last Sunday and I'll get another couple of 12-15 milers in before the day but I'd like to have done more.

That said, I did 9 last night with the middle 6 as tempo which came out at 6:24 avg. So maybe, just maybe there is a chance of me getting below my 1:26 pb. Let''s see!

• Options

BFR's 2010/2011 TVXC league race will once again be held at Lightwater Country Park, Lightwater, Surrey, GU18 5RG with the usual 11.00am start. The course is not considered suitable for spikes.

The venue is easily found being just off the A322 to the south of Junction 3 of the M3. After leaving the M3 proceed south on the A322, almost immediately turn right into Guildford Road and then third right into The Avenue. The venue is at the far end of The Avenue.

Please car share as far as possible as parking is somewhat limited; we have to share with other users of the park, but the good news is it‘s free. Also experience shows that parking can take longer than you might think given the toing and froing of other park users cars.

Toilets are available at the ranger station. Please do not use the toilets in the gym as this is a privately operated club not a public facility.