TVXC Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Did 1.34.55 at Bristol Half last September, hopefully will knock a bit off it.

What are you aiming at?

• I've only done one race in the series this year. I was intending to do more, but for various reasons was unable to do them, not even the club championship ones which was a bit annoying. I guess it doesn't help having so many of them after Christmas when all the marathoners are looking to really step up the mileage. Maybe if the series started a bit earlier we'd get better attendance.
  • The series could be a lot more compacted pre-Xmas I think.

Well, 7 out of 8 run. Can't wait for next year...

Metros 2011                                21        00:39:05
    Bracknell Forest 2011          
       34        00:40:28
    Finch Coasters 2011             
       41        00:38:20
    Tadley Runners 2011
                    55        00:38:09
    Reading Roadrunners 2011
        70        00:42:01
    Handy Cross 2010
                         89        00:43:21
    Datchet 2010
                                 90        00:40:21

Naughty Metro official telling me it was a 10k course yesterday - Came in at 8.9 on the Garmin!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Very nice progression indeed down the finishing places Sprint, even if by the Metros race, half of the usual top 50 didn't turn up  image Next year I expect you to be 20-30s whoever turns up.

Quite enjoyed the series, but by race 6, my last one, I was pleased I was done for another year. I like the way each race is so varied, you always turn up thinking...at least it isn't (add other race here) race.

Everyone knows that Handy Cross is the toughest course, but year on year I forget how challenging Tadley and Finchampstead are. (Bracknell as well when I do it)

I think I suit Reading and Sandhurst best. The downhill starts really get my pace rocking, and then there's nothing too major in either race to slow you later on.

I should think you'll knock a bit off that Bristol pb by default Sprint. Looking back at my times, I pretty much was knocking a bit off every year just through the year on year improvement, without necessarily upping the mileage or quality.

Eventually the training has upped a notch and all got a little more seriousimage

Did 1:19:21 last year at Wokingham. Gotta be hoping to break that this year. I won't jinx it by quoting figures, but did 1:19:43 at Gosport in November in a week with a cold...so hopefully should be good.

• Ah, kind words mate!

Sure you will get down in to the 1.18s if you've turned in 1.19 sub-par in health.

Look forwards to next years XC

• Boing!

It's the new season. I didn't make Metros. and won't make Datchet, but its the thought that counts eh?

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    you know...there is a new thread for the new season image