Sub 3h15

Comments

• Would have been lovely for my 14 miler today, except that I had a club session this evening, last of the year. I settled on us doing a pyramid of 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min then back down, all with 1 min recovery, and it actually went pretty well with everything in the low 6 minute per mile area
    1 min - 5:59
    2 min - 6:03
    3 min - 5:55
    4 min - 6:07
    5 min - 6:16
    4 min - 6:14
    3 min - 6:10
    2 min - 5:50
    1 min - 5:26
    I doubt I'll get anywhere near that average of 6:05 at Bushy parkrun tomorrow. If it is ok underfoot then I'll be happy if I can get a low 20 as I've never found the Bushy course to be particularly fas, but judging by how much it's raining at the moment I suspect it's going to be 5k through standing water again as it was last year, so anything under 21 would be an achievement.

• well I did the 3 x 2 miles at 6:25m/m then did an insanity cardio workout! WoW!

knackered and deserving of the mulled wine I'm now enjoying!

Merry Xmas all, Hope you all have a good one.image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Ah yes present wrapping...just paid my daughter to wrap the one present I bought, for my wife image. Still I did work today at the her shop so I'm not a complete waster 

• Tri Big Rich wrote (see)
    Leslie- Yeah did the reps same pace as my best 5k. Need to go out and beat that 5k time.

Good reps Rich , should get a new pb soon .image

• Happy christmas all image

• 5K along the prom is Santa hat done (with my shiny new Garmin 910xt - yay!) Didn't make me any faster unfortunately. image

mince pie time - Merry Xmas 

• Merry Christmas one and alL!

• Merry christmas all!

6 miles done today....

• Leslie- Yeah did the reps same pace as my best 5k. Need to go out and beat that 5k time.
  • No chance of doing MP at parkrun as planned this morning as it was stupidly icy. In fact, parkrun was cancelled at the last minute. However about 100 of us did a freedom run, through the mud to avoid the slippery paths. 

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1525006_10151869875262104_617123346_n.jpg

I'm hiding behind Jovirunner as she had more sensible shoes on than I did. I'd gone out in my Tempos expecting a speedy run, D'oh!

• Bushy parkrun this morning with 903 other runners! First and last km were like a skating rink despite wearing my trail shoes - it was almost comical trying to speed up at the end as the feet just went nowhere. And that was sort of the story of the whole run - I ran comfortably but just never really felt like I got going, which I think was due to the session last night as I just felt heavy-legged and my back was sore. Final score was 20:53, so 4 months to take off 2 minutes!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Nice photo of you both on the Town Moor, Speedy & Jovi. 

4 miles done this morning and 12 planned tomorrow.

• Boxing day 10k for me a bit later. Not going to be pleasant given my gluttony yesterday and I was supposed to be taking it easy, pah!

• Icy here too no run today .

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Double for me y'day - dinners that is. 
    Christmas lunch with my mother at 2pm, then Christmas dinner at Mrs B's with son & daughter at 7pm ! 
    Off for a run in the lovely sun with lovely son soon  . . . .

• It's 4 miles with one 2 mile interval today for me! It's going to feel like a day off!

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    A mile loop around the block to test out the calf, ouch!

On the plus side, no one died from my cooking.

Hope everyone had a nice day.
  • Moof - can you be a bit more specific? My Christmas was spent on tenterhooks worrying about your turkey!

I ahd a great day yesterday - I really enjoyed the cooking and as I'd done it lots of times before there was no real stress or panic. Amazingly my home-made cranberry sauce was a roaring success (I'd imagined no-one would touch it - this is Spain, remember) as was the trkey itself, the stuffing, the sprouts - again, amazingly -and the Apple and mincemeat pie for dessert. I got nicely pissed but nothing too spectacular that I couldn't enjoy turkey & stuffing sarnies with a bottle of Marston's Old Empire in the evening watching 'Oliver Twist'.

So, I was able to get out this morning ealry and bag a 13.2-miler and feel good about it. I listened to the MT Pete Pfitzinger interview - excellent and really sensible. Particularly incisive was a question from a certain not-for-me-to-name listener at 34:35image.

Off for Christmas Dinner 2.0 now.

• Easy day cooking for me too: I cook 51 Sunday dinners a year so the 52nd is no different other than we do 5 veg instead of 3.

Saw a photo of Ant's pie and we were taking bets on sweet and savoury.

Did parkrun this morning (freedom_ and accidentally it came out as 11 miles (3 mile warm up from where I left the car, 3 mile parkrun, warm down with an old friend and then back to the car for another 5. Felt as stiff as a plank which is odd as  I ran 20 on Monday then nothing on Tue and Wed which shows the benefit of recovery runs. parkrun very wet and muddy so happy with 18:44 for close to 6 minute pace.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Haha ant I listened to that this morning too.  Brilliant, brilliant interview and I'm going to listen to it again.  I enjoyed his description of strides and paces. Good to see some quality questions from top athletes too. image

12 beautiful miles @ 8:07 this morning.

• Actually the ice turned out not to be so bad by the time the Woodlawn fun run got underway, particularly as they'd taken a load of sand off the beach and spread it across the paths. So I decided to go for the MP session I'd missed yesterday. 3.11 miles at 6.40 pace (I couldn't see my watch running into the sun to the finish so I suspect I sped up a bit). It certainly wasn't as easy as MP effort should be. More like 10k effort at this stage I'd say. 9 miles in all.

• Looking forward to the Pfitzinger interview even more now! Might have to wear my new MT 26.2 top at the same time!

Successful Xmas cooking in our neck of the woods - everything served up within 10 minutes of the planned time and with plenty of top notch turkey left over there won't be much need for any cooking over the next few days. Cranberry sauce out of a jar, but the bread sauce was particularly delicious this year.

Good Christmas / Boxing Day runs from a number of folks on here. Sounds as though it was sunnier oop north than down south. 

Not so good on the running front for me - headed out for a 4.5 miler through the woods with younger Lorenzito on Xmas morning and having safely negotiated the tree roots and slippery patches, managed to twist my ankle again running along a stony path and had to call Mrs L to pick me up as it was too painful to walk back on. Not great at all, but I'm taking this as a signal from my body to have a bit of a rest and come back all guns blazing in the New Year.

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Ant- I followed your tips to the LETTER! and the turkey was perfectly succulent, much better than the mother in laws. I owe you big time, I'll have to re-write my will.

I was particularly impressed with my roast tats in goose fat, I may enter myself into master chef.
  • You weren't really going to microwave it were you? It is actually possible to deep fry a turkey - hmm.

/members/images/76130/Gallery/20131225_100751.jpg

So glad I left a really wet home in the Pennines to do Christmas in nice, dry, sunny Kent image  It's dreadful in places but there are some nice muddy rural trails to run on slightly higher ground.

Take it easy Orenzo

Good beer choice Ant, Old Empire pale ale = image

• 4 miles, 1 slow(8:15) 2 fast(13:50) 1 slow(8:15) logged followed by cardio recovery circuit..image keeping to the program.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Rich - which schedule are you following? 

• moofmoof ✭✭✭
    No Poacher, it was too big to fit in the microwave.
  • The R W Sub 3 15. Going well so far. Better once I shake the cold.