Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

I know, I put it back to 11:14am which is the most recent time that it was correct and up to date.

• Options

Feb 2 - 10K Jersey - GM - sub 40 
    Feb 9 - Chichester 10k - TR - a nice chunk quicker than Stubbington
    Feb 16 - Wrexham Half - Mennania - 79.xx 
    Feb 16 - Brighton Half - FINgers - TBC - Fitness Test 
    Mar 2 - Reading Half - FINge - TBC - Mid Long Run.- moof - sub 80 - literatin - sub 1:27 
    Mar 9 - Surrey Half - Lorenzo - 1:25.xx, Sporty Badger sub-1.30 
    Mar 9 - Milton Keynes Half - Abbers sub-1.30 
    Mar 16 Barcelona - Barry B sub 3:15
    Mar 29 - Eco Trail de Paris 80Km - SJ - uninjured completion 
    Apr 6 - Brighton Mara - FINgers  TBC - Sporty Badger sub-3.20 
    Apr 6 - Paris mara - Mennania - Sub 3 
    Apr 6 - Manchester mara - knight rider - Sub 3 
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x, Ant - sub 3, Bike It - 3:14:59, Lorenzo sub 3:10, Minni - 3:12, Abbers, Poacher - TBA, AR - get past 16 miles, CC2 2.59.59, - literatin - sub 3:05
    May 11 - Fred Whitton Challenge - SJ - no crashes 
    May 31 - Kent Roadrunner - Gul Darr sub 3:15 
    May 31 - Stockholm - SJ - sub 3:15 with match retention 
    Jun 1 - Comrades - Poacher - Bike It sub 8:20 
    Jun 1 - Walled city marathon - Leslie H 
    Jun ? - Swim length of Ullswater - SJ - no drowning 
    July - Thunder Run - Minni 
    July 27 - Outlaw - SJ - 10:xx 
    October - Yorkshire marathon - Minni TBC 
    October 26 - Frankfurt - SJ - sub 3

Can't have f***ed that up too much; I didn't press return at all.

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Where's me Wokingham gone!!!
  • Options

Mar 2 - Reading Half - FINge - TBC - Mid Long Run.- moof - sub 80 - literatin - sub 1:27 
    Apr 6 - Lochaber Mara - Rich26 - Sub 3:15
    Apr 13 - VLM - PMJ - 2.4x, Ant - sub 3, Bike It - 3:14:59, Lorenzo sub 3:10, Minni - 3:12, Abbers, Poacher - TBA, AR - get past 16 miles, CC2 2.59.59, - literatin - sub 3:05

• Options

5 (easy) today, felt really easy and 18 tomorrow at 7am! gonna be hard as there is some crazy weather due!

TR- never messed up the list this time, thanks for the tip!

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

nice one, but who wiped moof off ? I used the list Poacher used, and moof wasnt on there, so he must have been wiped ages ago as the list hasnt been up for ages.

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

TR - Apologies, didn't mean to offend re CC2 omission, just noticed it that's all. Tough 20 for you today by the sound of it. Well done for completing though.

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭
    Just kidding, never got around to putting Wokingham on as it's just gonna be a tough nearly flat out training / see where I'm at/ dip my toes in / test the water / fitness reality check type of run.

And that's too long to put on the list.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

GM - I realsied that you intended none and there was none taken, I was just putting it back to a known state. I could have edited the list for other folks after I had reset it, but thought that they can do it themselves. You are obviously kinder than me for putting CC back on there.

• Options

I did do shift and return, but it added the space anyway. Without shift it added an even bigger space. Not human error I promise. So since my hardware clearly can't cope with lists, can someone please put my HM back in for me as well?

I was 62nd yesterday, which is even worse than last year. I officially retire from muddy races.

• Options

14 of my 18 done and had to call it a day! the weather beat me today! will finish it off later today on the treadmill! argh!!!!

• Options

Speedy - I saw some photos of the ditch at the Mids XC.  A couple of them included people falling face first into it!!

TR - You are experienced enough not to look at what we are doing and concentrate on your own training.  You are always Mr Consistent when it comes to race day.

4 slow miles for me this morning in the wind and rain for 59 miles for the week.  My longest ever week but still I can't get over 60 miles without having to elongate a recovery run.

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

Mar 16 - Stafford Half - CC2 sub 1.25
    Apr 6 - Lochaber Mara - Rich26 - Sub 3:15

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

CC's 1/2 mara put back in, seeing as she asked so nicely in that husky voice

Martin - indeed, like I said I'm never in good shape this far out (marathon wise).

• Options

13 today at 7:1x pace to bring up a 68 mile week off 6 runs. All logged in Jantastic.

P&D starts to change a bit now, next week is 66 and one day is a 4&6 double so 7 runs for 66 instead of 6 runs for 68. Need to try and get the 20 LSR in early in the week to try and clear the legs for Wokingham Half on Feb 9th.

• Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Urgh - Romsey 5 was wet, windy and cold. So pretty pleased with a 31.59 unofficially on my watch. If confirmed by chip time, that's a PB by 11 seconds, and reckon it would have been a bit quicker on a better day. Still, that's what you get for racing in January! Will read back and post again later once the official results are up and I'm back from taking Ms A # 2 to a party...

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

abbers - nice one, I was thinking of you earlier, its a crap day for racing, I bet you had to wade some of it too.

PMJ - that was a pacy 13. So a long run early this week and then no long run the week before Wokingham ? Or a long run early in the week before Wokingham ? or have i got my weeks wrong ?  

• Options

KR - Sub-3 pace for a HM section in training, on your own? Woof!

Well done Jools and Speedy for battling it out in your respective mudfests yesterday.

In fact, well done everyone who got out there and did the job in rubbish weather.

Thanks Slokey and Martin for the advice re the injury-prone nature of P&D (Punish and Destroy?). I'm very conscious of not forcing myself over the limit and am strreetching, resting and recovering as much and as best I can. I'm actually surprised how well these ol' bones seem to be adapting, as I've never done this sort of mileage this far out before.

I was dreading today's run, the 21-miler, and therein lies part of the problem. If you tense up and fret it can go horribly, but concentrate on free-flowing form and just allowing the miles to go by and it's perfectly manageable.

So in the end my effort this morning had elements of both - especially grim around 12 miles when a wáter fountain I had been counting on proved to have dried up (cueimagecreaming and cursing) and then 17 miles because...just because. In between it was o.k. and overall it was 21.15 miles @ 7:51mm.

That makes it 67.9 miles for the week so January is turning into a Monster Month!! What will February and March be like, ffs???

• Options

X-posts - Pacey miles from PMJ and super racing from Abbers in cr*ppy conditions. This thread is, quite literally, on fireimage.

Seeing my weekly total is 67.9 miles I might leg it to the post box and back, Blisters-style, to make up that extra 0.1 mile.

And btw, that was "screaming and cursing". Just saying.

• Options
    TR wrote (see)

PMJ - that was a pacy 13. So a long run early this week and then no long run the week before Wokingham ? Or a long run early in the week before Wokingham ? or have i got my weeks wrong ?  

Plan is (legs allowing) a 20 on Tuesday this week (28th) then there are only MLRs (13, 14 and 15) and 11 with 6 @ LT before Wokingham on the 9th.

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Ant said "cue creaming and cursing" -  wtf ???   Nice 21, though ! 
    I see OO51 recorded another splendid WAVA score, & Abbers with a fine PB in terrible conditions
    Good long ones by Martin, TR (btw good point re gadget (lack of) & Padams' 53:xx)
    See Speedy & Jools enjoyed (endured) the joy of XC.
    Welcome back to Blisters from his tarmac kissing exploits, and planning events us mortals shy away from  . . . .
    INdeed, plenty of committed running from most . . . .

21 here y'day, completed a.m. in fine, almost spring-like conditions before the rain came. All on tarmac, felt much better than last week's 16 on multi-terrain (inc the mud) need to do 6 later to complete the week (and also to complete 28 years recorded outings - 27/01/86 was a "steady 6") - doesn't time fly?   

• Options

Nice racing Abbers and OO. It is a tough month for racing and pb'ing. Particularly tough to be scrambling about in mud by the new Senior Speedy Lady.

Well toughed out Ant, and another LR score by Birch.

Rich - you toughed out 14 in bad weather (and lets not forget that you have the rough end of the weather). I'd have called it a day now and said sod it to the treadmill.

My schedule had no LR in store for me. Just an easy to moderate paced workout. Still a bit concerned why my MP run during the week was so tough, so I ran at the sharp end of my moderate pace band which is MP+15.  Ran a comfortable 11M at this pace of 6:30, and HR didn't climb over 70% of max. So finished the week feeling a bit better about things.

67 mile for the week and 100% Jantastic

• Options

I ran from home for my 20 this morning, so some big hills and lots of roads to navigate, as wells as the driving rain and stiff wind. Yet it still came out at 7.51s (snap Ant!) and my last mile of 7.21 was just one second slower than my average pace in yesterday's 8k bog race. I like roads. Just off to log my runs on Jantastic!

28 years of running Birch, wow! I'm on about 8!

Nice PB in this weather Abbers!

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Not read back yet but a quick scan shows some good stuff going on, as usual. 

Did my longest run since Paris yesterday, 20 miles at 8.14 pace. Very nearly didn't run as my cold was still around and my HR was up slightly. Went out thinking that being under the weather would make me run more sensibly and it seemed to do the trick. Ran on heart rate and with 'Time On Feet' being the theme for the day. Legs felt strong which is surprising. My hill sessions must be paying off.

Went for a 5 mile recovery this morning which took my weekly total to 37. That's a BIG week for me (small for some of you I know).

My hip problem is going away but shows up every now and then to remind me to be careful.

Right, time to read back...

SB

• Options

The longest run I've got planned at the moment is 13.1 miles at Bala (after the warm up). They have used words like "scenic, rolling, and challenging". Some years they have problems with sunstroke, but there was one year when a large percentage of entrants DNF'd due to the wind and rain, and several marshalls were treated for hypothermia. It's in June.

For the record, nipping to the postbox added 0.1 miles to the weekly tally, but the trip home again added another 21 miles.

• Options

Ant - I know exactly how you feel as I'm still struggling with motivation when I know I'm going to be nowhere near where I really want to be. So I waited and waited today before going out, hoping the rain would stop. It finally did, only to start again half a mile in and keep going for 10 miles. And boy was it wet out there, don't think I've ever run through so much standing water before. I got completely soaked by 3 inconsiderate drivers zooming through big puddles they could easily have avoided, had to find a way past several fallen trees & got stalked by a hungry red kite (didn't dare stop just in case). But 17.05 miles done @ 8:11 pace which is pretty reasonable, but I wouldn't have wanted to go any further as the legs were definitely feeling it at the end. The most pleasing aspect of it was that I guessed at a 17 mile route and got it so close!
    My issue at the moment seems to be that my legs aren't keeping pace with the rest of me, and even doing speedwork I'm not reaching my aerobic capacity because my legs just aren't going fast enough. It's not a scenario I've ever had before as it's usually been the other way round. Hopefully though I'm now fit & healthy enough to resume some proper speedwork. I've also noticed that I'm weaving all over the place, regularly clipping my standing leg with my other foot as I stride forward, and I'm pattering along with a really short stride (and I'm hardly the longest striding person in the first place). Hopefully regular running will sort all that out.

Race-wise I'm in for Wokingham and Reading, but I really have no idea what I'm going to achieve. I suspect I'll be mighty lucky to get under 1:35 at Wokingham and maybe 1:30 at Reading, but it really is a guess. I usually do the Bramley 20 as well, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it. I probably could do 20 at the right pace, but put me in a race and the chances of me managing to hold myself to doing that pace are remote, and I really don't want to go into it then die a death at the end as I don't need any more set-backs right, now perceived or otherwise.

I'm seriously contemplating an autumn marathon for the first time. I really don't think given where I am that achieving the 3:20 GFA at London is a given, so I'm tempted to then keep it going and have a crack at another, if only to get the GFA and maybe even sub-3. I've never done 2 in a year before as I'm not a huge fan of running in the heat, but if I'm ever going to do it I'm not getting any younger so it needs to be sooner rather than later. Abingdon entries open on 1st Feb, or maybe Chester as my mum only lives 30 minutes away. This is always assuming I can get it passed by my other half!

• Options

Some excellent running and racing going on image Rolled out of bed at 2pm and straight out the door after nightshift for a slow 7 mile death march ,very strong wind at times I really had to lean into and a little hail/snow and wanted to  quit after 1 mile but thats the road to ruin ...image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Some excellent long runs and impressive weekly totals from moof and PMJ. I was in the high 50's with a damp and drafty 16 miler rond the lake in Keswick at well below 8 minute pace.  It's tough out there...

• Options

I'd forgotten what sacrifice and dedication it takes to join this elusive club. You can all be smug for getting the miles in when it's crappy. Those are the ones that make the difference. Hats off to the lot of you. Respect. And when the damp goes over the trainers, just remember "Beware of the Fish". (Great name for this weekend).

Me? I thought about running. Doesn't count, does it? Swimming was nice and warm though.

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

PMJ - handy long run tiniming before Wokingham then, although its the hard running rather than the long that would affect the result I'd guess.

AR - 67 ! wow, I was thinking your plan would be low mileage, I though you had non running days in it and shorter runs.

Birch - excellent work, another 2X bagged.

Blisters - Bala 1/2IM when is that June ? so was that postbox visit a 21M run, with no spring mara ?