Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options

Sporty B - Very nice pace on that 10-miler.

Moof / AR - Very wise to seek guidance from the authorities on the Jantastic issueimage - the word is that any run of any distance will do, as long you absdolutely nail it - no sandbagging. It's to show how realistic the awareness of how fit you are really is.

After a double-header yesterday of 7 in the morning and a shower and 6 hours later (take heed), a 4-miler in the afternoon, I did a horrible 5.5 miles in howling wind and lashing rain this morning. I did this a) to keep up with Jantastic and b) to get my Feb stats over the 400kms barrier. Otherwise I would never have gone out, and in fact would clearly have been much better at home resting up for a 11-miler tomorrow incl. a good section @ MP.

So, February stats look like this:

249.2 miles off 28 outings, av. 7:37mm. 1 x 22M, 1 x 20M, 1 x 16M, 2 x 15M, 2 x 14m and 1 x HM (1:27).

Off to put a second coat of paint on the bedroom ceiling.

• Options
    Some v impressive stats you lot

151 for me, rubbish really. Busy dogging the greenhouse and musing with the idea of simply walking away from running and doing something else. Hmm
  • Options

Dogging perhaps? Would certainly take less time than running.

• Options

I'm definitely out of Reading - my stomach is all over the place & I haven't eaten for 24 hours. Thats the Febulous 100% gone out the window image

• Options

Blisters -nice speedy hamster session

Sb- fast 10 miler 

Gul- Nice stats 

Ant -nice stats good-luck with painting , has to be done I suppose.

Poacher -always good to try something else but everybody will see you in the greenhouse so maybe somewhere more secluded that you have to run to could be best of both worlds.image

BOTF-sounds nasty hopefully you will be well again soon, I think I can feel the lurgy starting too , coughing up green gunge in the last 2 morns but fine the rest of the time.image

Feb stats:

282 miles at 8:19/mile with 2 rest days .(1 mile less than last month image)

6643 ft  of elevation 

• Options

10.35 miles this morning on an out and back course from West Wycombe to Chinnor Hill so 5 miles out at 7:46 pace and 5 back at 6:44 pace. Obviously headwind and uphill is slower than tailwind and downhill.

Scores for Feb: 270.33 miles (biggest ever!) in 33:52:57 at an average pace of 7:31. Add 270 from Jan to that and it is 540 so far in 2014. Feb was 25 running days: same as Jan.

Good total from Leslie, but I expect Speedy and AR will cap these totals soon.

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Abbers: was going for better than MP with a few very quick miles thrown in. So, thinking about it, I guess I hit my session target.

BOTF: Unlucky with the tummy and missing out on Reading. Well done for ruling it out now and not absolute last minute where you may be tempted to risk it and do yourself a mischief.

Just 136 miles for me in Feb. Had a couple of sick days but got all of my LSRs in which was vital. My plan is not so intensive as most on here but still seems to be paying off in terms of injury prevention.

Rest day today and a dead easy paced 15 miler tomorrow. Next week will be super easy as I'm going to do a mini-taper before the Surrey Half next Sunday.
    If anyone has any tips on taper sessions prior to a HM I'd greatly appreciate it.

To racers and LSRers this weekend, good luck!!

SB

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Now come on Poacher sort yourself out.  You're representing TCCSTFT at Comrades and we don't expect you to be last!

I had a moment of feeling like that a couple of weeks ago after running Liversedge.  My hip ached and I thought maybe this was the time to just pack it all in and at that moment I thought that's what I could do - just stop.  But I didn't and soon got over it.  Just keep putting the miles in and very soon you'll be loving it again.

BOTF -  bummer.  image

About 220 for me in Feb with 2 x 20, 1 x 21 and 1 x 22.

• Options
    AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭

Ant - hope the wind & rain relent soon, as they seem to have here (at least temporarily).

BotF - sorry to hear of your ongoing woes. Hope you improve soon.

Poacher - dogging in greenhouses? Watch out for the magnifying gless effect.

Leslie - 282 miles in Feb? 10 miles per day average? Jeez, that's a good effort!

PMJ - congrats on the monthly mileage PB. I suspect my own need for a day off will overcome my desire to go past 200, so I'll end up on 198. Still a monthly PB by a considerable distance.

Sporty - there you go then, job done, even in less than ideal conditions image

Minni - very nice monthly stats from you too.

Good luck to all the weekend racers, just in case I don't get on again before Sunday, as I know there are a few of you.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Gentle six for me with junior OO- first since my calf injury. I'll be taking it easy for a few days and cutting back on the LSR Sunday.

Goos racing all...

• Options

What with dogging and now goose racing, I don't know what things are coming to...As if we didn't have enough with all this running.

Speedy - Thanks for the heads-up on the glucosamine gel/cream - I got some this evening, and am going to try it out on my aching knee in a minute. I hope it works, esp. as it cost 20.90€ for a 100ml tube. Or do I really have a tattoo on my forehead saying "mug"?

• Options

Blimey Ant, it costs about £3.99 here!

• Options

No marathons in the book for me at this point. My training doesn't have anything longer than 12 miles in it at the moment. However, the weight is coming down as the weekly tally goes up.

• Options

10 miles tonight at 7:09mm bit quicker than marathon pace but should make my legs work for that 20 miler tomorrow morning! 

Blisters- good for you! stick at it!

Ant- I got some gel to stick on my sore knee from the doc for free! Although my G.P is a keen runner and does support the fellow enthusiasts. he he. hope it gets better soon.!!

Minnie- going well!  

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

My Swiss colleagues have been giving me all kinds of potions for my calf- the office smells like hospital wardimage

Keep it up Blisters...

• Options

Speedy - Really? 3.99? Er, I might ask you to send me some, then, because it seems, miraculously, to be doing the trick.

Good effort, Rich, hope the legs play the game on your 20-miler tomorrow!

I decided to scale down my run today both in terms of pace and distance, as i have an 18-miler tomorrow and to be honest my knees are/were feeling awful. In an ideal world I would take a week off running.

So I did 7.5M @ a steady 7:05mm, and felt good.

With these niggles constantly giving me aggro I think I might adjust my target for VLM, maybe to sub-3:05. It's a shame because the engine is working really well, it's just that the chassis is starting to fall to bits.

We'll see.

• Options
    SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭

Don't let the mind wander onto different targets Ant. Tailor the training to cope with the chassis problems but BELIEVE that you can still hit the target.

Sorry to hear about the illness and injury rate creeping up. Remember it's a long campaign and a few missed sessions or prep races here and there make bugger all difference to the end result. Missing them might even improve your performanceimage (so might dogging)

In other news, a chance conversation yesterday lead to selling my wife's business at a significant profit - kerching! (She is aware) - wine based celebrations followed last night!

I had a slow start to the week with a moderate case of Tuesday legs after last Sunday's exploits but swimming, spinning and then a couple of gentle runs have unknotted everything so celebrated with 9 yesterday including 2x2miles at HMP (6:30mm) around the footy pitch. No ill effects so normal business is resumed. Long bike today and 14 on the fells tomorrow image 

• Options

Ant - check out Amazon, from just £2 per tube. 

Hurty foot still hurts but oddly I can run pain free in my lightweights. So just wearing lightweights and high heels (which also cause no pain) until it goes away. 

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Just a quick pop in while I'm on the computer uploading stats.

15 miles today with a mate who is coming back from injury. 8.06 pace and dead easy, really had to hold back at times.
    Glad I ran with him as it was a good time on feet session for me after some tough runs in the past 2 weeks. So pleased to feel so  easy on this run.

Quick shower, hot drink and a read back coming up....

SB

• Options

parkrun this morning for me. Sandwiched between a jog down and back to make it to 10 miles. The filling came out as 18:48 for a new course PB (old PB was 18:54 from May 2013 so it is good to beat it when the course is running much slower due to water logging). P&D, as was pointed out to me half way through the week, is a tune-up race week and it actually felt really nice to go round the parkrun and feel that the legs had something in them so the midweek 5x600 was definitely better then 6x800.

Odd run as a whole bunch of out-of-towners appeared and I was down in 6th place but gradually overtook a few of them to pull back to 3rd by the end. It took a long while to overtake the first lady, who is a 2;16 800m runner and 36:10 at Leeds Abbey Dash, but I did so at 3k but as she had just come off a 20 hour shift it needs a re-run another day.

• Options

Glad to hear it's working Ant

Good bit of wheeling and dealing from SJ. Can't remember what you decided in the end - are you doing Stockholm?

Speedy - I'd just stick to the lightweights if I were you - can't imagine high heels are that great for running in! image

Nice course PB from PMJ - which parkrun is that?

22 miles for me this morning - was meant to be easy but it was pretty hilly and I ended up going round at an average pace of 7:38 so not surprised by my legs feeling a tad tired at the moment.

Was driven on by not only the plan for 22, but also the Jantastic target. TCCSTFT are over 1,000 runs so far and I reckon we must have one of the highest, if not the highest average number of runs logged per team member. Go team!!

Recovery run tomorrow will take me comfortably over 50 miles for the week.

• Options
    Lorenzo wrote (see)

Nice course PB from PMJ - which parkrun is that?

Was driven on by not only the plan for 22, but also the Jantastic target. TCCSTFT are over 1,000 runs so far and I reckon we must have one of the highest, if not the highest average number of runs logged per team member. Go team!!

Wycombe Rye parkrun. I can do Black Park with BOTF but that is 13 miles each way so I need to drive at least one of the legs.

Just check Jantastic

TCCSTFT 45.77 runs per runner, next closest in large teams is TITs with 30.05. No small team has done over 450 nor medium over 900 so we are way ahead.

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭
    I've just run an easy 3 miles to keep the legs turning over, so that's 5 runs so far this week and with the HM tomorrow I will keep the 100% going for Jantastic.

We do live up to our name don't we.

Some great monthly mileage targets being achieved, just shows the time and effort required to reach your goals.

178 miles for me this month but since that has included 2.taper weeks means I'm not totally slacking.
  • Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

223 miles for Feb, inc 2x21 & a 22.

8 miles to kick-off March today - legs very creaky after rest day y'day - they seem to seize up when not kept moving ! First race tomorrow (apart from odd parkrun) since the Boston2012 DNF  . . . .

• Options
    Birch wrote (see)

!First race tomorrow (apart from odd parkrun) since the Boston2012 DNF  . . . .

Bets are it is a bit cooler tomorrow.

• Options
    Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Ant-dont give in just yet.

Slokey-good mara pace tempo

PMJ-new parkrun pb a good sign

Lorenzo-fast 22 and more left 

Moof -Goodluck tomorrow image

Speedy -whatever works for you on the foot front.

Birch-nice total goodluck with the race

Another week over and 77 miles covered .image

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Yes, Philip - forecast is for 8c, so approx 45f - slightly less than 50% of the Fahrenheit figure when I dropped out !  

• Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Sorry for the ‘me’ post but this is just a flying visit and I’ll read back later.

I was supposed to race a HM this morning but due to feeling ill for a few days and only about 90% this morning, plus a slight quad strain, I decided to give it a miss. I went out for 15 easy miles instead with the plan of 27 easy miles tomorrow. However, thanks to caffeine I soon felt great so extended the run to 27.2 miles and get it over with! That’s my longest ever run by a mile and completed it in 3:40 which is about 8:05 pace. It was also only fuelled by a hand full of raisins and 500ml of home made energy drink.

Anywhere between 5 to 15 miles easy planned for tomorrow depending on how I feel before I jet of to Tenerife for 10 days on Tuesday. Yippee!image

• Options

badbark's normal baking madness: good confidence booster to do 27 almost unfuelled. How did it feel at the end?

• Options

Badbark - Pick up that award at the usual address. Mind you, I've often thought of doing the same when going well in a MLR. I've never actually done it, though. Are your legs suitably mashed or do you feel all right?

PMJ - Whichever way you look at it, TCCSTFT rule. I think we should berate Mssrs.Williams and Yelling until they recognise this. Great parkrunning again.

Excellent miles from Leslie, Birch, Sporty B and Lorenzo (the latter sneaking in a Saturday 22 when he thought we wouldn't notice).

Best of luck tomorrow Birch.

Speedy - I'm amazed, and may even tell the bloke in the shop where I bought it. How is Mr. H.F.? Can we have a picture of you in running kit and high heels, please? In the street/park, if possible. You could get a random passer-by to take it.

Bedroom painted! Very happy with the result, despite some fraught moments. No photo evidence because a) the colour (capuccino) is not accurately reflected and b) I realise no-one is the least bit bothered. Still, it's a farly momentous occasion here, let me tell you.