Sub 3h15

Comments

• DazzaLDazzaL ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Lorenzo - I've been thinking about when to start to pickup the pace slightly and I think that I should wait until five miles. I'm an incredibly slow starter in races and losing 20 seconds for five miles really isn't going to make that much difference to me personally. My marathon PB is 3:50 but it's totally out of line with my other PBs. I'd rather accept a slower start and hopefully avoid the death march at the end :D

Green Start
    Lorenzo (27748) A: sub 3:00 B: PB (sub 3:06:30) c: sub 3:15
    Darren (22854) A: 3:06 B: 3:10:00 C: 3:15:00
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Cheers guys and good luck! Hopefully more runners will add theirs if they have time to, in the next 24 hours or so. 
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Freemers - good to hear from you. Enjoy VLM tomorrow.
    Keir - gardening and ultra - not much difference.
    MsE - happy birthday to MsEtte3 - hope the deliveries arrived!
    GM - good luck with the duathlon relay. Slippery slope!
    DazzaL - welcome back! Good luck tomorrow.
    Lorenzo - you're looking at bit lonely on the starting list there! OK, not quite all on your own now.
    All the best everyone. Go smash it!
    15 very slow miles this morning (9:13m/m).
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back DazzaL have a great run.
    Boston next year might be possible but is just before I retire, so let's see how the dates fall.& if not 2019 Gerard?
    I' m Pacing mrs OO at Burgess parkrun today for a 30 min PB. All the girls are running and Junior will be setting the pace.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Sorry, being lazy about c+p as on phone.
    Blue start
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭
    Sorry, on my phone - red fast gfa 32317 sub 2:50 a. Pb 2:51:08 b, sub 3 worst acceptable for 15th sub 3 c
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Happy to oblige.
    Blue Start
    Joolska (613) 2:52:30
    Red Start
    Badbark (32317) A: sub 2:50 B: PB 2:51:08 C: sub 3 worst acceptable for 15th sub 3
    Green Start
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    All plugged into my tracker. 
    Jools - you're actually 631.  :)
  • sscssc ✭✭✭
    GD - amazing run only matched by the report!!

good luck to all runners tomorrow, I am an infrequent poster on this forum but it is always a great read, full of advice, experience and most importantly- fun!!

Enjoy.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    And fat fingered... I did know that really!

3 mile jog done. Jus stretching.
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    "Jus stretching" sounds a bit Heston Blumenthal...
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Blue Start
    Joolska (631) 2:52:30
    Red Start
    Badbark (32317) A: sub 2:50 B: PB 2:51:08 C: sub 3 worst acceptable for 15th sub 3
    Green Start
    :)
  • Dazza - hope to see you at the start or the pub afterwards. I'll be a magenta(ish) coloured Dorking and Mole Valley AC fleece.

Poacher - ditto

Definitely a rest day today - can't wait to get going tomorrow.
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    Goodluck to all the mara runners tomorrow ,working nightshift so will miss the coverage unfortunately... 

8.5m (7:49 av) with 5x600m along the cycle path alternating between 5:50 and 6:10 pace so clearly one way is easier !
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I'm FGFA Red 32228. 
    Paced mrs OO to her sub 30 at Burgess. Junior ran 18:07. Just finished eating A mountain of pasta. Good luck folks...
  • AbbersAbbers ✭✭✭
    Hey all, back from our sojourn in the Lakes - lots of good walking, Achilles fine for that, but still no running. Hopefully fizz on Wednesday will help but expecting another week or two off. Will have to bike and swim for now.

But really popping in to say go well to all the VLMers - looks like you'll have much kinder conditions than in Brighton (not that I'm bitter!) so hope you all smash it! Will be watching with interest.

Good to see some old familiar faces popping in too - will have to read back properly.
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Blue Start
    Joolska (631) 2:52:30

Red Start
    OO54 (32228) - sub3?

Green Start
    Poacher (29294)  A: 3.15 B: 3.29 C: take down bro-in-law aiming for 3.59

Seems like a smaller contingent than usual. Good luck everyone. Hope to see some or all in the Chandos afterwards - remember there's an upstairs as well as a downstairs. I have dug out an old jacket to commemorate when I used to be a runner, so if you see a tall thin baldy slow looking bloke in a bright orange jacket with Boston Marathon logos, do say hallo.

• Good luck to all running tomorrow. There are a few more on the list I see via facebook, Speedy is out for sure as well.
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Should have added that at Orpington park run this morning I smacked down a selection of celebs: finishers included "Billy Boyd", "Spencer Davis", "Colin Firth" - and this guy in 140th place. Quality.

• LvSDLvSD ✭✭
    Best of luck to everyone doing London tomorrow. Will be on green 29649, my daughter is on red and her boyfriend on blue. Job done for me this year at Brighton (GFA and indeed qualifying for this thread by 7 seconds) so just planning to enjoy the family day out tomorrow. Hope everyone gets what they are after....
  • Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭
    Good luck for all at VLM tomorrow.  

I'm on the Early Start - red 307.  The goal is to finish before VLM even starts
  • GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Good luck to the VLM runners tomorrow and Bike it
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    DBS, team!  You've got this (fist pump)!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Good luck team. You're all awesome.have a drink in Chandos for me! 

Look forward to all the reports tomorrow. 
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    Already stated, but once again - DBS to the VLM'ers

Gerard - yes, thanks - 17 this (Sat) morn - so 3,17, & 4 rest days this week !   bit uneven  . . .
  • SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Best of luck everyone!

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Leslie - nice reps.
    Abbers - pleased to hear you had a good holiday. Hope you recover well.
    Poacher - only celeb at my local parkrun this week was Emma Thompson.
    Bike It - hope you're speeding along to the finish line right now.
    Birch - |You beat me  - I only managed 3 rest days this week. Pleased to hear that you got out for a long run yesterday.
    7 easy miles to make a total of 40 this week. That'll do nicely as a cut-back.
    So it's here! All the best everyone.
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Feels nice and cold. Bring it on. Willing BI to a strong finish.
  • LvSDLvSD ✭✭
    Had a fab day out, really enjoyed registering on Friday with my daughter and her boyfriend and the us all going to the start together this morning. NIce also to take in the crowds without having to focus on a time, it's amazing the number of people sustaining constant clapping as the the runners stream by. From the start felt Brighton still in my legs (I am clearly not one of those people who can recover in a fortnight) so just let it unwind. FInished in 3.34, slightly odd experience having no view on the time one way or another. But really enjoyed the it and overall with how the spromg maras have panned out.

Hope everyone had a good day....
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Lvsd great running ,don't think anybody can get over a mara in a fortnight !
    GUL onwards and upwards for you 

7.5m today at 8:31 pace to recover from yesterday's reps .

75m for the week.

Expecting London mara news soon ! .....come on people !!!  New world record for the women, that's been a while coming  but average day for elite men .