Sub 3h15

Comments

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear from you Jools, hope training is going well 👍
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Work has been super busy and mojo a bit lacking, but ticking over on about 50 mpw. Plodtastically slow these days!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    GD - nice easy pace.
    OO - I did a HM 10 years ago very close to where we're staying, not sure if I'll pack my running gear though.
    Jools - good ticking over - good to hear from you.
    Had to go into work this morning to audit some paperwork, so did a couple of miles.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Can't see a paperwork audit activity type on Strava, Gul, so I won't ask how it went.  ;)

Plodding nicely, Jools. Good to see you back in these parts.

My now standard Tuesday 8 miler on the trails this morning before work. Seemed a bit more huff and puff than usual and mojo was low but the pace ended up OK and again indicative that my sluggish times are quicker than earlier this year.
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    20 done this morning,wasnt too sure how it would feel after racing at the weekend but it wasn't too bad,had to work a bit the last 4 miles or so,but still came out as my fastest 20,apart from when I've done some MP in it.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Tried some intervals this morning on a 7 mile road route. 8 x 3 mins efforts with 2 mins jog recoveries. Too early in the morning for me to properly attack the intervals as I felt a bit sluggish and hadn't been up long but fastest effort was 6.12 pace. I'll take that as I've not done intervals other than hill reps for some time.

Rained nicely at the end too which helped with the cool down.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Your fastest 20 miler Ian- that sounds good 👍
    Talking of early starts GD I'm supposed to be on the track at 7am tomorrow which sounds like madness. My last hard session  before an 800m track race on Sunday.
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    OO-800 sounds scary,bad enough when did a mile earlier this year.
    10 miles today,my legs were a little heavy from yesterday,so decided to avoid my hills,went along the front which didn't turn out to be ideal as the way back was into a heavy headwind and rain,got it done though.
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    OO-Not sure if you fancy an October race,should be ok to go ahead as very easy to social distance 
    https://racebest.com/races/vsy4s
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ian. I tend to fo for races organised by running clubs. They are generally cheaper and better organised. The York half in January is a regular- DT knows it well. I'm happy just ticking over this year while the world (including the running world) sorts itself out. 

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    GD - good early morning intervals. Ask me how my auditing went after the external auditor has been :(
    Ian - strong 20 miler. Will that be the last one before Boston or do you have time for one more before the taper?
    OO - 800m track race sounds scary. How are you feeling?
    Starting to get all sorts of aches and pains now I've only done 1 run/2 miles in 6 days.
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Gul-Hoping to sneak 1 more in next Monday or Tuesday but will see how I feel,left calf area is a bit sore today so just need to manage it over the next few days.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    Ian - take care of that calf.
    No running planned this weekend here; hope everyone else has a good one.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I guess you are trying some gentle foam rolling on the calf Ian?
    Why no running Gul?
    I'm have a couple of easy days ahead of my 800m race. I haven't raced on the track all season so fairly relaxed about it Gul. It's a ceded race based on best times last year. So I have a couple of speedy ladies and some younger guys who can run around 2:22. Don't expect to get near that on current fitness, but I'll give them a run for their money.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    OO  - enjoy your 800m today :) I'm really busy at work and trying to finish some stuff before our holidays next week (busy all round really with COVID risk assessment for Church and home and church building projects etc ...) 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Uhm interesting Gul. I been involved in the COVID risk assessment for our club track, which opened recently. Hope  you get sorted 👍
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all, back from hols now. I can report that Devon is ridiculously hilly. I ran twice there and was permanently running up or down a hill with a 5 and 6m run averaging about 85 ft permile of elevation gain with 1 particular mile coming in just over 200 ft. 

Spent 6.5 hours covering the 3 hour drive home Friday which meant I pretty much had to get straight out for a small session. Pyramid of 5,4,3,2,3,4,5 mins off 90s. The 5 and 4m were hmp and all came out around 6.35. The shorter reps were 10kp and came out around 6.15mm. 

12m this morning, felt very comfortable coming in at 7.59mm for low 140s hr. 

Starting to feel like I'm settling into a rhythm now and building fitness quickly. 

With holiday season over now I can get my head on it properly and have half a chance of shifting some weight, though that may need to wait until the eat out scheme ends! 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Haha yes DT. I have a big curry booked tomorrow which is my last dine out to help out meal. Glad you are back on it.
    I ran 2:22:6 in the 800 today. Very happy with that even though I came last behind two under 15s.
    I'm meeting Lorenzo in the Lakes for a long run in the hills on Wednesday. Will be our first meet up in a very long time.
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    OO-I iced and rested it for a couple of days,10 yesterday and 11 today inc 8@MP showed no ill effects so should be all good again.
    DT-Well you are eating out to help out so a good reason,we are eating out tomorrow and Tuesday,just to help the economy of course.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Jools, yes I can imagine your work will have an uptick for a while to come following lockdown!

Oo, enjoy the meet up with Lorenzo. Very good effort in the 800m, despite children beating you!

Glad to hear the calf turned out to be nothing, Ian, it must be approaching cotton wool time now.

Easy 4m yesterday followed by a higher effort spin session last night. That left legs a bit tired for todays progression run, but 7m started at 8.25, each mile got about 20s faster ending with a 6.38 straight into a headwind. The good thing with this work from home is that I got a number of tasks to the point where I was twiddling my thumbs waiting on other people to revert and there was a gap in the weather so just went out at 11am.

• Hi folks - not been on here for a while but still running plenty and have actually managed to get out every day for the last 2 months (the benefit of not having to commute into London every day while the office is closed) but even with that in mind, if OO sets off when we meet tomorrow morning at his 800m pace I'm going to be all sorts of trouble.

DT - glad you enjoyed Devon. I can vouch for the fact that Cornwall is also very hilly having spent a week there at the beginning of the month. Glorious coastal path running to be had. 

Will have to have a read back while recovering tomorrow! 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I'm just raving up the boosters now Lorenzo 🤣
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Long time lurker here but if you you fast guys like hills, you need to get yourselves down to run Dartmoor Discovery :)  A club event, approx 4000ft of elevation, 32-miles, all on road.  And Cornish Marathon, also a road event, is a cracker too.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    It was great to meet up with Lorenzo this morning and take him on a nice 12 miler round Derwentwater Lake- he was far from shabby 😉 Nice catch up too 👍
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Just seen the Boston news. Gutted for Ian who was a sure bet for sub 3.

Suggests to me I shouldn't focus my efforts on a race anytime soon. Some contributing party will pull the plug! 

Nice pic chaps.

Big g, just to clarify I definitely don't like too many hills! 
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    DT-Yeah I just heard the news before,I'm gonna run 26.2 on the day somewhere myself,I know I wont get as good as I could be in a race but feel i need to let the steam out.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    How about Dorney ? That seems likely ?

Im doing Goodwood (with IoW as fall back), but yr not Southcoast?
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for Elvington on 4th October,but who knows what will happen,that's an airfield do must have a decent chance.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    So its all good then, FFS dont go running 26m on Boston day then.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I'm with tr mate. If you have a date Sunday lunchtime and she doesn't show up but have another Sunday evening, don't blow your beans before the evening just because you're frustrated.

Just sit tight! At the very least, bag a london virtual place and if Elvington cancels then blow your beans but with a purpose of sorts.