Sub 3h15

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    The runthrough folks have some northern based airfield type Maras. Well worth ticking the gfa box early in case illness or injury prevents a decent vlm showing.

I was offered a refund yday for my Nov 22nd Dorney place or a place in the April event. I said that im already entered into Dorney April so would like a refund, and they refunded April by mistake. Hopefully they'll correct it.
  • A steady 6 for me. It was so lovely out I rather regretted not having the time to do more today, but work calls.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    TR I think these race organisers can't get their heads around all these non standard transactions. After 6 weeks I'm still chasing Manchester Marathon for my medal and T shirts from the virtual. 
    Shame you missed the weather Jools,  it has gone downhill...

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

oo- Yes fair point and as TR says, a market is emerging for these closed area race track type events.

SBD, yes that is very much the risk with somewhere like that. It's relatively local to you from what I recall?

Jools, it's currently lovely here so I am hoping that holds out for another or so for my 6m tempo over lunch.

I've booked myself 3 nights in Slough for that weekend as it's Easter (A sentence I never thought i'd write!). Will travel down alone Friday so I can have the room to myself etc the night before. I think we are going to use it as a base for Legoland/Thorpe park and maybe even a jaunt into London.

My weightloss is continuing slowly without me actually doing anything in particular. I just crept into 10,11 today.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Nice 10k tempo over lunch. Took first mile steady then progressed it with a 19.50/19.30 split and 39.20 in total for 161 bpm. Undoubtedly the best I've ever performed at that effort level. Perception of effort tallied in with hr as well in that it was a steady, controlled effort with no burning desire for it to end. In fact to the contrary I was really enjoying myself. 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Crikey DT that's some going.
    I took a rest day apart from some Nordic walking and a hard sesh in the garden fighting with my ivy.
    Tomorrow I'm training with junior OO so need to be at my best or she'll eat me alive over 5k.
  • Jools - weather wasn't great here.
    Easter / April is a busy time for me, so not likely to be looking for anything around then. Haven't checked Boston UK to see when that might be.
    DT - impressive tempo run.
    OO - good luck today keeping up with jnr :)
    11 slow miles today. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Surely just setting off at 6.36am on a Saturday? ! 

Have fun, oo! 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Had the edge on junior this morning. Amazing what a rest day can do. Should creep just over 50 with 13+ tomorrow 
  • Absolutely miserable weather here. 6 miles with some strides to test out my new Adizero Adios. Great even straight out of the box. I'm now doing service as a cat cushion.
  • DT - no, no respite at the weekends :) Set off at 4:48.
    OO - nice one :) Enjoy your MLR today.
    Jools - new shoes gave you a lift hopefully.
    11 mile streak came to an end today. 6 mile recovery run instead to make 72 for the week.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Thats another strong tempo DT, im in for April at Dorney

Im approaching the end of CV19 isolation. My wife tested positive and has been pretty poorly (similar day to day symptoms as Kelly Holmes experience recently), my 19 yr old lad who commutes in to uni daily only had a sore throat and slight temp and yested positive too. I thought i had best get tested and was also positive, although ive only had very minor cold symptoms.

Ive been on the turbo for 60 mins each day, but only easy since the positive test. Looking fwd to being allowed to run Thursday after 14 days of no running. I had another marathon place for Goodwood Dec 6th in order to correct my 3.00.00 but that probably won't happen now.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Gul  that's just bonkers! What time do you get yo bed? You'd make a decent milk man!!! 

Tr, sorry to hear about the household covid infection. Hope your wife is OK. I guess your son brought it home with him. I was analysing our risk factors the other day and with all the fun places closed, our only risk of infection right now is kids in school. 

Yes I was very pleased, genuinely feel a fair bit fitter than my peak in March! 

Good to beat the youngsters oo!!! 

Out for 14 easy this morning. It was hammering down just before I went out then it suddenly cleared with blue skies. Started hsmnering down again an hour after I got back and still going. Feel like I've won the day with that timing!!! 46 for week. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    DT - my wife works round the school, she had it first, theres loads of cases popping up round here due to the schools, but hopefullly the current lockdown will stop the infected folks moving it on further.........being confined to barracks has been real tedious.
  • TR - sorry to hear about you and your family and COVID. Hope your wife recovers well and you and your son are okay. Not long till you're back to running now.
    DT - yes, good timing and nice miles. I'm usually tucked up in bed by 10, but a bit of a late night last night and I overslept.
    So another 6 slow miles this morning.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Hope the house recovers soon, TR
    Cracking tempo session, DT. You've had a great comeback since injury.

Loved running in the rain over the weekend. Went for a flatter trail route on Saturday and bagged 16 miles then 5 recovery miles yesterday. Also got 7 walking miles in with the mutt across both days. 

Looks colder this weekend.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear that TR and hope the missus gets over it soon. Us runners do not make good self isolators- my pal a good fell runner found it very tough going.
    Very happy with my 15 mile LSR yesterday, the second half all below 8m/miles which is rare for me. Resting up today.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I must say, I'd struggle to be as compliant, TR. My logic would lead me to think, what possible risk am I if I go out at 8pm and put my head torch on and head towards the lanes.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Cheers

I did think that like DT esp as we have a dog we cant walk too. Initially i only thought id be inside for a couple of days as i thought my wife had man flu, then she tested positive and started to get pretty poorly, so being on the turbo was best from a being at hand point of view. Once i also tested positive ive been taking it easy still on the turbo. Whilst i feel ok, im going to ease it back up carefully.........if i was just isolating with no CV in the house, id have been tempted to join you out there.......my lot have been warned im not going anywhere for months now which might lead to track and trace locking me in again.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Yes TR I have friends who've been tempted to go out whilst self isolating. However once you test positive I think that would be pretty I'll advised. Take care old bean.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO - agreed, when its in the house you have to play the moral game. Weve done it 100%. Because the same 3 of us got implicated by each others positive test we get no end of isolation texts, mails and the odd phone call.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    They must have you on speed dial TR 😉
  • GD - good miles at the weekend.
    OO - nice MLR.
    TR - when you get a call from test and trace do you see the number which is phoning or is it just 'private number'?
    10 miles in all this morning. After 1 mile, I saw a couple of people in the road. Turns out one had a fall and the other was calling for an ambulance. Stayed with them and then did the other 9 easy miles.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Gul - it shows as an 0300 number. The booking a test, doing the test,  getting results was all very quick and efficient. I was implicated as needing to isolate when my wife tested positive, that re-set again when my son tested positive and was then superceded by my own positive test. When you test positive and fill in all the details, its very good at contacting all the relevant contacts and giving them all their own rules. But for example in my case doesnt work out that id been told to isolate twice and then tested positive on top. This all needs linking up.
  • Some good Samaritan work done early doors, Gul.

6 miles recovery plod for me. Legs were a bit tired after circuits and then proprioception session yesterday.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed your recent cat cushion comment, Jools! I have similar going on here with our 4 month old Border Jack puppy.
    I had to Google proprioception.  :(

Hope the healing vibes are doing their work for you and the fam, TR. I've had that Covid malarky back in March, a nasty business, still got some smell and taste issues, aching thighs seem to have gone for the last month or so.

Really pleasing lunchtime 10 miler today. Did a 6.4x first mile so tried to stay there. Splits came out as:
    6:49, 6:48, 6:39, 6:41, 6:44, 6:45, 6:46, 6:51, 6:43, 6:29

Very happy with the consistent nature of it. The 6.51 split was all uphill and into a headwind, it was a battle.
    The ticking over each week with a bit of variation thrown in seems to be holding a decent base.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Crikey GD you are in good nick 😉
    I've no idea what that means Jools....
    13 easy today after my rest day yesterday.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    GD - ive not really known ive had it to be fair, top bombing on that 10m. I dont know how you start off so quickly, im always around 9mm at the start of a run. You defo have sub3 capability.
  • It's basically balance type stuff and trying to engage the small stabilising muscles that can get lazy. Lots of single leg stuff and Bosu ball work. I'm hoping it will ultimately mean fewer ankle sprains!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I'm simply not capable of that stuff Jools, but I have started pre run stretching and foam rolling to loosen up my old bod, and it seems to help.
    Likewise TR. I rarely get my 1st mile under 9m/mile. You'll find it gets worse with age 😪