Sub 3h15

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    You're only a year older than me !
  • I am also in the 9mm first mile club. And me a youthful FV40!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    We were all young when we joined this thread 🤣
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    any mile starting with a 9 is a good one these days . . . . .     
  • OO54 said:
    We were all young when we joined this thread 🤣
    In 2006 or whenever it was in my case? Yes, I bloody was!!!
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Gdawg, great session and likewise my first mile or so is usually 8 30 or slower. I couldn't imagine walking out the door and hitting sub 7mm pace. 

Gul, good work, hope the person was OK in the end. 

Session lunchtime of 1m at 10k, 6 x 800 at 5k then a final mile hard and fast. Wasn't feeling it during session and paces in the 800 were more 10k pace. Mile went OK though at 5.40. A very long way from my comfort zone to be fair but reasonable at the end of a session. 
  • 5.40: that's about 3k pace for me!!
  • GD - stonking run; you should be well chuffed with that.
    First miles so far this week: 9:07, 9:23, 8:55. I always put the first slow mile down to a dodgy GPS, but I am getting on a bit as well :)
    Hi Birch - hope you're doing well.
    DT - good session nonetheless and nippy mile.
    Overslept (I blame lack of caffeine), so just 8 miles this morning. Did a bit of a pyramid session: 2x200, 2x400, 2x600, 2x800 and back down again off 200 recoveries. No idea on the pace of the intervals, but wasn't pushing it.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Nice mix up on the 8, Gul. Always good to add some variation.

What a cracking mile effort, DT, especially impressive after what went before it.

Just a 5 mile recovery for me this morning. Looked at some stats to compare yesterday's 10 miler. Turns out it was quicker than any training 10 miler I did before my London PB (3.01) and HM PB  (1.25).
    Certainly don't feel race ready at the moment but well pleased I can push that sort of pace over that distance right now. A motivator to keep maintaining.

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Jools, I'm not sure what it would be for me, probably the same. It's difficult to judge following a session and on a mildly undulating road. No doubt on a track and fresh I could run faster for a mile, which seems reasonable that my 3k pace would be about 5.40. Thankfully I have no intention of finding out as that level of intensity makes me feel nauseous!

This is becoming quite a habit the last few months, Gul!

Sounds positive gdawg. The good thing with the tools we have is that it makes such comparisons very easy. I particularly like the 'similar run' tool on strava which takes me straight through to all my previous efforts on that route. Makes it nice and easy.

Easy 8m over lunch. Felt a bit sluggish today and it was pretty windy. Didn't want to push the effort as due to other factors my running week is truncated into Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for 2 sessions and long run.

In other news, I was 10,11 today so just 1lb short of my weight loss peak in early March.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    My best 3k time equates to c5.20 per mile. Wish I could recapture that form 🤔
  • GD - that certainly bodes well.
    DT - getting close to race weight.
    I would be very chuffed with 5:40 for a flat out mile let alone 3k pace.
    13 mile MLR this morning; 6 @ 8:35 and 7 @ 7:45.
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    hi Gul - thanks;  doing "ok" - even slower than the SloGit days (officially an old git now, as I receive the state pension) :)  :o   but still getting out, although a year of injury niggles has reduced me to 640 miles so far.  Still, bagged my first double digit run since Feb the other day - a 10 miler at your "glory course" of Rother Valley :)   
    I still lurk on here and sub3, though  :)    best regards to all . . . .
  • It's not current 3k pace, btw, I'm super unfit!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Great to hear from you Birch 👍
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Thanks gor dropping by, Birch. Always good to hear from folk. 

Nice mornings work, Gul. 

Out over lunch for 9.5m with 7 at low tempo. As I'm in a truncated week it was nt the usual tempo. I decided to see how my mara pb pace felt (6 45). 7m in 6.43 average was pretty pedestrian and felt in large parts like I was out on an easy run. With 19 weeks training to go and alphaflys to wear it bodes well. 
  • Birch - good to hear from you and pleased to know that you're still managing to get some running done in spite of the niggles. Keep on keeping on!
    DT - looking very good indeed.
    8 slow miles this morning. Definitely needed gloves today - dozens of people were out scraping ice off their vehicles.
  • Morning. 15 slow miles just racked up. Time for breakfast :)
  • I was still asleep when Gul had finished his run, eaten and doubtless washed up. In fact, I've still not done any of those things!
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Snap, I saw guls post when I got up to make a cuppa at 7.45! 

I have now done tomorrow's long run, not sure if that counts as being up and done before guls run tomorrow or after his run today. The time between the two gul runs is probably split fairly evenly by mine. 

14m done at 7.54mm. Hr was a bit more elevated today than recent weeks. 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Nice long one Gul.
    Impressive DT you are starting to fly...
    Lazy Jools 🤣
    I tried a flat out 3.3 miles. Avg. 6:07 pace. Definately out of parkrun practice but not too shabby. 15 needed tomorrow to scrape 50.
  • I'd take one mile at that pace right now, OO!

12 miles including a split tempo of 3 X 4km @ marathon pace (it's not so much that I love mixing units, it's more that there's a measured 4km marked out on a local road). 17.47, 17.27, 17.25.  
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Crikey, OO, cracking pace!!
    Nice run there, DT, similar to mine.
    Are you a vampire, Gul? You should try running un the light, it's nice!  :D

16 miler this morning with a mate. Went on the road for a nice change as he needed to manage a recently twisted ankle. Chatted all the way and it came out at 7.56 pace. Nice run.

Ran down a road with a big house build going on. When it's complete I reckon it will go for at least £25 million. It's ma-hoosive!!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Only joking Jools, you're a better marathon runner than me when on form. I'm maybe better at the shorter stuff.
    When do you move in G Dawg 😉
  • Jools - nice tempo run. Washing-up was a bit later after second breakfast :)
    DT - solid MLR whatever the time.
    OO - still a very tidy pace for 3.3 miles 
    GD - no, I just prefer to not be seen :) Sounds like an enjoyable run with your mate.
    6 miles with strides this morning to make 66 for the week 
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    52 for me Gul and a new annual record looks to be on.
  • 16 for me today to bring up 56 for the week. Not on track for record mileage but should break 2,500 for the first time since 2017.
  • OO - what's your current annual record?
    Jools - that would be a very nice tally.
    12 mile progressive run ending with 6:47.
  • A very steady 4 mile plod to drop used cat food sachets to our nearest Terracycle point.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

48 for me last week. I'm just about on for my first 200m since January. My yearly total will be down given that March-July totalled 230 all in, an amount i'd have run in March alone had I not got injured.

Out for an easy 5m before work. Had to dig the gloves out for that one for the first time in a while  .