It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.
Gul, that is outrageous of your wife!!
Easy 12m over lunch. My return to the office has been delayed by 2 weeks from next weeks planned date due to IT matters. Means I can essentially complete this campaign, bar the taper.
G-dawg, it's usually about 3 days before. However, can I suggest you look at Keller sports. I know quite a few hat have purchased alphafly there.
They are currently £187. However if you sign up to join keller premium for £7.50 I think, you get free delivery and 10% off all orders, so net result is £177. I also understand that for a first time customer there is a 10% one time discount. Finally, if you advance sign up for their newsletter you get a £10 (though I am not sure if this is now instead of the first time purchase discount). Eitherway, you are paying about £167 for alphafly, which is probably les than Next% with 25% off via NIke, This would also give you time to do a few runs in them.
I can't see that they have any Next% on their site. This is where I would look if in the market.
London update just landed. Seems TR was right on the kitbag front, dropping off at expo.
Lateral flow tests to be done and also looking like much more spread out start times. Really hoping I don't end up in some 8am start which isn't unfeasible if they are spreading it right out!
It' a big pain. I really don't see where the gain in in not having bag drop. Obvious issues to me are-
1. Will people just turn up to the start with a non runner to carry a bag.
2. Will people leave attending the expo until the last minute ie Friday or Saturday as they don't want to drop everything off on Wednesday.
3. What happens if I subsequently don't make the start, say a vomiting bug? How do I get my bag and will it contain a medal and t shirt?
4. Is someone actually going to diligently sit there allocating the right sized t shirt to each bag?
5. The covid spot check is a good bit dependant on runners having their phone at the start. I certainly wont.
6. What time are the faster runners likely to have to start? I don't fancy an 8am job!
Just a few of my thoughts!