Sub 3h15

Comments

• Are there any transfer fees or sweeteners available to persuade free agents to join either team? How about a bidding war between Ant and Minni?
  • Still very old school tech here; in fact just transferred our wedding video to DVD for my wife's birthday this weekend! I've got loads of vinyl but no working turntable to play them on  image
    Ant - you can count me in for the Consistently Consistent team again.
    Well done to everyone getting out running in this lovely weather. Lots of good LSRs and XC runs.
    I decided to unearth my old leggings this morning (not the fluorescent yellow ones!) and it turned out to be their last outing. Stepped in a puddle and slipped on some ice at the bottom; fell over and put a huge hole in the right knee. Lots of blood, but no real damage done thankfully.

• Did my planned 17 miles at 8:30 pace on saturday afternoon. But was dragged to my local parkrun by my daughter in the morning, which I trundled round in an aimless 24 min. So an accidental double and 20 miles for the day! And a personal-most of 44 for the week.

• Morning all,

Seems like people are ramping up the long runs already - I thought I was doing quite well with my 16 yesterday image

Well done on the PB Lorenzo, and nice work too at the XC from speedy and jools (hope no after effects with the neck?)

I ventured out to the Norwich parkrun on Saturday - it was freezing cold and a bit slippy underfoot, but I scored a new PB which can't be bad image

I'm in Team Minni for Jantastic....need to think about my targets now image

• a crap 13.5 for me yesterday. Last 3 miles most unpleasant. I guess the combo of no running for 4-5 months and a slightly iffy chest takes its toll.  Last week was mid 30s and hoping for a dip into the low 40s this week. Was thinking about the 55 - 70 but that seems some distance off currently. Will see what the next couple of weeks brings.

Well done on the PB Freemers and Lorenzo!

Steady Gul!

• Poacher - with myself, Lorenzo and Gul already on board, it's clear that the CCSTFT is where the lookers are...as a bit of a glamour puss yourself, you know where your duty lies.

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭

I've avoided Jantastic the past few years, but then as I have found the 30mins of every marathon talk episode which they devote to this competition very tedious, perhaps I should join? Then again, I don't think I am organised enough to log all my runs every week. Anyone want a semi-committed Jantastic runner?

Good to hear you are planning on getting your leg over in June Lorenzoimage

Yes, I'll be running VLM for RNLI this year Scooby. 

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

My 13 miles y/day followed 10 on Saturday, trying to catch up on a poor week and only reaching a total of 31. I took my daughter (15) to her first parkrun Saturday and jogged round with her in 29 minutes. She even managed a sprint finish.

Question on 2nd elect club. Can I decide which club I want to represent in each race. I often run in Keswick and would like to represent my 2nd elect club Keswick AC. Is it my choice or should I ask them first?  

• Just signed up to the consistently consistent Ant, now just need to work out a plan!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Poacher wrote (see)
    Are there any transfer fees or sweeteners available to persuade free agents to join either team? How about a bidding war between Ant and Minni?

Well, we were the winning team last year and got a free week training camp in Lanzarote. image  I've already promised you champagne....  image

Great running over the weekend Freemers.

OO - I think if your 1st club is represented in the race then you need to represent them, if not then you're free to represent your 2nd club.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    image I see on the asics thread that DS2 has got through to the next stage. Lets hope he makes it all the way and has the same success KR had last year.
  • So the list doesn't get lost. Changed jobs so changing races. New posters feel free to add in A targets

Jan 12 - Poacher - Country to Capital 45 - TBA
    Jan 20 - efc-Col- Four villages half - sub 82
    Jan 20 - Minni - Brass Monkey - sub.... OO- sub 80?? 
    Feb 10 - Moof - Wokingham HM - sub 83; Jools tbc , Also-ran sub 84, PMJ same or better than this year 79:34
    Feb 17 - Also-ran - Bramley 20 - PMP+10s
    Mar 3 - Dylan man - Bath half - sub 1.22; Jools sub 85 (mebbe)
    Mar 10 - Minni - Northumberland HM - sub...
    Mar 17 - Moof - Reading HM - sub Wokingham
    Mar 17 - Also-ran - Reading HM - sub 1:22
    Mar 17 - Lunchtime - Reading HM - sub 1:30; Jools PMP
    Mar 25 - CC2 - Loughborough HM - sub 86
    April 7 - Dylan man - Taunton marathon (prov) - sub 3.10
    April 21 - Poacher + Keir - VLM - TBC
    April 21 - efc-Col - VLM - sub 2:57
    April 21 - Moof + Jools+ OO??+ Also-ran - VLM - sub 3
    April 21 - CC2 - VLM - sub 3.05
    April 21 - Lorenzo - VLM - sub 3:10
    April 21 - SBD + Minni + LB70 - VLM - sub 3:15
    April 21 - Freemers - VLM - sub 3.20
    April 28 - Slokey Joe - Manchester - sub 3:00
    April 28 - Knight Rider - Manchester - sub 3:10
    April 28 - Bike It - Manchester - TBC
    May 6 - Lunchtime - Milton Keynes - sub 3:15
    May 12 - DS2 - Halstead - sub 3:15 25 -
    May 25 - Poacher - GUCR - sub 35
    June 2 - Bike It - Comrades - sub 8:30  

• Jan 12 - Poacher - Country to Capital 45 - TBA
    Jan 20 - Minni - Brass Monkey - sub.... OO- sub 80??
    Feb 10 - Moof - Wokingham HM - sub 83; Jools tbc , Also-ran sub 84, PMJ same or better than this year 79:34
    Mar 10 - Minni - Northumberland HM - sub...
    Mar 24 - Ant - Maratón de Asturias (MaraNalón) - sub 3:10
    May 25 - Poacher - GUCR - sub 35

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Jan 12 - Poacher - Country to Capital 45 - TBA
    Jan 20 - Minni - Brass Monkey - sub 90   OO- sub 80??
    Mar 10 - Minni - Northumberland HM - sub. 1:31
    Mar 24 - Ant - Maratón de Asturias (MaraNalón) - sub 3:10
    May 25 - Poacher - GUCR - sub 35

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭

image Looks like I can relax again now I'm back on the TBC target image

Good luck DS2. Hope the new job goes / is going well Poacher.

Hope the knee heals and doesn't niggle Gul. Sounds like an excuse for some fancy needlework to make some cyclng style running shorts!

• Good to see the milage creeping up again.

I find myself looking forward to the structure of a marathon campaign, following a plan does take the stress out of planing what to do and how to run it each day.

Well done DS2 on getting to the next stage.

Gul. Take care, forgot about your fluorescent leggings, brilliant !!!

Ant. Good to hear from you again and yes I will be joining consistent team, got to give team minni a bit more of a fight this year...
  • Just made a note of all the dates for the 18 week P&D campaingn and noticed it all kicks off in a fortnight's time. Won't be folliwing t slavishly, but like Col, I quite like a bit of structure.

Downloaded the myfitness app and tracked week's worth of food - balance seems about right, but could do with a bit more protein. Think I'll stop doing it now as it was getting a bit much for Mrs L when I was analysing all percentages while in bed (say nothing Keir!)

• Freemers - well done on the parkrun PB. How did you get on in the Norwich Half?
    Mennania - take it easy; I'm sure you'll come bouncing back soon.
    Keir - I'm afraid the leggings went in the bin. Knee is a bit sore but did 8 slow miles this morning and seems fine.
    Nice to see the list again. No marathon planned for 2013; main targets will probably be sub 40 and sub 90.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Its a bit addictive Lorenzo?!  I'm still working on getting my carbs up, which is weird because if you'd asked me before I'd have said carbs are all I eat!  The pan of Veg Broth I've just made has 78% carbs so that should help for the day.

Gul - I had a topple on the ice last night too.  I was running 6m using a loop that is just under 1k, round and round, but the road had been gritted so it was the best place to be.  Then for some bizarre reason I decided to add a bit of variety and went down another street. [I'm blaming Motorcycle Emptiness that was playing too loud on my iPod at the time].  Black ice, I started to go and ended up doing some kind of slide on my belly that resembled my father-in-law deliverig his curling stone.  Thankfully I hit pause on my garmin as soon as I felt myself go.  image  No damage done but a red knee!

Yesterday morning I ran in the snow for the first time this winter. image

• DS2 Congratulations

Gul and Minni take it easy and look after yourselves.

Poacher Good luck with the new job.

I also prefer to follow a schedule and even during base weeks I basically run a schedule week but without any speed sessions. Looking at a weeks holiday at start of Jan so I may just take a week off running then.  

Keir Good man, I have a lot of affinity with the RNLI

• Minni: that's a 'you know you're a runner when...' moment: '...you remember to stop your Garmin when you have an accident'.

• Nice one DS2 - we'll all be rooting for you at the next stage  image

Gul Darr wrote (see)

Freemers - well done on the parkrun PB. How did you get on in the Norwich Half?

It was nasty Gul - gale force winds meant for a tough day...came away with 1.38.51 which wasn't exactly what I was after but in the conditions wasn't a complete disaster!

Minni - I had the report back from that medical I had the other week...my diet was low on carbs too, high on protein. Not deliberate, I've just never really thought too much about what I eat.  I probably need to work on that.  And I hope you haven't done any real damage with that fall - the manics are clearly bad for your running health image

• Joolska wrote (see)

Minni: that's a 'you know you're a runner when...' moment: '...you remember to stop your Garmin when you have an accident'.

Just for you jools, one of the running shop chains has an offer on: buy a garmin and you get a tshirt that says "If I collapse please press pause on my garmin",

• TRTR ✭✭✭

Seeing as the team name has my catchphrase as the name, then I'll be adding my miles, although may not be as many as last years campaign.

• I could add that to my cheesetastic 'your pace or mine?' t-shirt image, CD.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Many, many apologies for not catching up earlier. I see there have been some great performances, as usual, on here. As you can imagine it has been a bit manic these past few days following bootcamp.

Thanks for all the good wishes in respect of this. I really didn't think I would get through to this stage. I ran as I expected to but was one of the slower ones in my group so I guess it's fair to say they weren't looking just at that. Also, I've been running a lot of slowish stuff after listening to the advice on here and that didn't translate to much speed on the track. I was running around the track thinking 'don't be sh!te' honestly, I was!image The good news is I've got up to 40mpw with no injuries so that advice is proving very good!

I will keep you updated. The voting commences tomorrow - so please, please support me.image

I have to attend my uncle's funeral this afternoon but will catch up with you all later - happy running!

• Good luck DS2, it wont be just about speed, it will be about the story, and the balance of the group as a whole.

Snowing now in the Pennines, people are filming a big TV drama opposite Poacher Towers, the poor frozen crew are really earning their money today.   Must go for a run to warm up, due to hot water and heating being kaput. image

Relieved to know we wont have to see Gul's tights again....

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Good work, DS2 - I'm sure you weren't sh1te . . . .
    Welcome back, Gul - I hope Santa is bringing new leggings !
    Nice ice sliding, Minni - good reflexes, too !

steady progress here - 11 miles today - much better (not quicker though) than Saturday's debacle; Poacher to thank - instead of thinking "feck me, this is slow", I had "I am a Warrior" in my head . .  image 

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

The power of positive thought eh??? Nice going Birch.

Poacher - that don't sound too grand - no hot water or heating and snow outside. I hope it gets fixed soon - you can't keep running forever!

We had a tiny sprinkling in my village darn souff this morning. Once I got onto higher ground there was no sign of it. Hope it stays away - I hate the stuff!