Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Phil, it's deferred entry from this year. I think champs is much later.

Hi Speedy! You doing Erewash?

• Options

Thanks, Moof - yes, I intend to keep hold of my knob for a good while yet.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
    Ant van Oviedo wrote (see)

while relaxing in a bubble bath, presumably.

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭

Slokey I also see a fair amount of horrific road kill when out on the bike, I could make a nice rabbit stew If I could scrape them off the road and lug them home.

• Options

Literatin - O.k., in the spirit of "One For The Ladies", I may just produce another post-race photo tomorrow involving flesh and bubbles - if encouraged enough, of course...

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Eek! Please at least make sure your knob is obscured by the bubbles.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Bike it -  really hope the antibiotics kick in and you're able to make it. 

ant - that's great news! We'll have to have a tin bath brought into Chanods for after event photos.

SJ -  we have slow worms here but also Adders. image I hate anything long and slimy like that including earth worms. I can hardly look at them let alone touch them. 

I ran 4 miles pain free this morning, at least the calf was painfree.  I seem to have developed a very bruised and sore IT band area and a stiff back after last night's shenanigans with the phycho-physio. 

• Options

Indeed PMJ, as Lit correctly summises, it is a deferred place I have paid for.

And yes, Lit, I will be at Erewash, although I'm rather worried about them not having any loos this time. There's going to be folks weeing everywhere, which will hardly go down well with the locals. I wonder why we can't use the sports centre. Or the school...  The description of the course makes it sound even worse than previous years, and it always was a hilly bugger. 

• Options

At last, this thread was getting all too boring.

now we have

Ant van Oviedo wrote (see)

and that needs nothing less than an absorbent wipe for the coffee splattered on the computer screen.

I was just about to try and write something comforting for Bike It, but that's not easy......Will that thought suffice?

Slokey: your post has made up my mind. Sod the outdoor ice-breaking swim, although Windermere is seriously hardcore. They still have icebergs in August. I shall go for a solo bike ride. A long one.

• Options
    KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Minni wrote (see)

image I hate anything long and slimy like that including earth worms. I can hardly look at them let alone touch them.  

Ant take note!

Good news on the calf Minni. It's a start of a come back.

Fingers crossed for you Bike it.

£31 really is a bargin Speedy. I think I heard that Brighton is double that.

May stats:

34 runs, 3 total rest days, 279miles.

Just looked back and realised that is my biggest ever monthly mileage. image

• Options

It is indeed Keir, although it has gone up rather steeply from 2013. Edinburgh was about £50 and the Great North was £48 for only half the distance. 

• Options
    KeirKeir ✭✭✭

How much was it in 2013?

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

GNR is always a bloody scam image. But I do love it...

Sorry to hear that Bike It

PMJ- great turn of speed. Look out for someting much slower from my parkrun tomorrow. 

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭

Keir- Glad to see you getting the miles in, have they all been easy miles, Hadd style and are you over your injury problems?

Never fancied the GNR, too far to go for a half. Although I did have a fantastic stag weekend in Newcastle many moons ago.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I agree OO and I boycotted GNR for years for that reason but I've fallen in love with it again. It's a great course if you get a good start and although its expensive being only an hour from me is a big plus. 

I've not counted my May miles but it'll be around 20! 

• Options

Wasn't VLM 32 quid?

• Options

Great mileage Keir - what's next on your hit list?

Really keeping my fingers crossed for you Bike It - hope it's just a temporary thing.

Slightly longer bike ride back this evening to avoid the A3 - will definitely be doing the Richmond Park route in future.

May stats:

91 miles running, including 2 5K PBs

256 miles bike

5 rest days

• Options

Don't worry, I wasn't really going to put that kind of photo on here - I do retain a shred of dignity. In fact, as they said about Linford Christie once: "That's one Personal Best he should keep to himself".

• Options
    Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Lorenzo - nice commuting. Enjoy Les Miserables - I've read it several times and just love it.
    PMJ - excellent 5k - congrats on the sub 18.
    Bike It - terrible news - really hoping you make a dramatic improvement.
    Ant - good luck with the hilly race - and great news on the GFA.
    Moof - hope the rest does the trick.
    SJ - eventful time for you.
    Minni - sounds like you're making progress.
    Keir - cracking stats for May.
    Parkrun for me today - first one since the smackdown with PMJ. Set off way too fast and did the first mile-ish lap in 5:58. Slowed down on the second lap for 6:19, but managed to pick up by the end to finish with 6:18 and 0:42 to the finish line in 19:18. Missed my PB by 1 second, so very pleased with that. A friend finally nailed his sub 19, in 18:58.

• Options

Great sub 18 5k PMJ, I'm sue you'll be dipping under 17.50 soon.

Nice Parkrun Gul, the first mile is always a fast one!

Did my local parkrun this morning and didn't know what to expect as I didn't get out of bed till 8.15! Managed to just about get to the start in time. First mile was fast in 5.45, then settled down a bit. There was a young lad from our Club there today who I was battling with and he got a big PB today, so really pleased for him. Just about piped him in the last 200m, which is a cruel hill to the finish line. Garmin time of 18.34 so pleased to get (just) a sub 6 min mile average. Still got a bit of work to do!

• Options

Ant - you maybe paid more for not being affiliated to UKA? 

Great parkrun KR. I've yet to get under 19.46 on my local courses. None of them are exactly PB courses though.

• Options

Speedy - Yes, that'll  be it. I've always thought it's excellent value, though.

Well done Gul and KR on great parkruns.

knight rider wrote (see)

Just about piped him in the last 200m

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

all the best, BikeIt . . . . . .
    Ant - image;  and yes, I also raised an eyebrow at KR's report  . . . .(well run, KR, btw)

16 this morning here; pleasant 50/50 road/trail in the sun with pals

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

BikeIt: hope you make a miraculous recovery...!

Recce'd my leg of the Cotswold Way Relay this morning.  The great news is that I managed to get lost only twice, increasing distance run from 12M to 14M (oops) and then 2M to get to the nearest bus stop home (point-to-point course).

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Gr8 parkrun there KR!

Gul Dar that is a very decent parkrun too, well done! 1 second - agghhh that's sooo close. You'll get it next time!

Ant when is your 10.6k? Looks like a tough but nice course.

5 mile run today with my half marathon pb hunter friend. 7:10 mm average pace. Based on her current fitness level and the way she is running I think her PB is on borrowed time. Just needs to believe that's all! Not much running apart from that and the odd 5k here and there. I'm wondering if I should put a decent 10 miler in before the 1/2 next Sunday. 10k is the farthest I've run since London. Any thoughts anyone??

Bike It - "lekker slaap" as they say over there and good luck for tomorrow!

• Options
    KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Speedy - are you really complaining about a £1 increase? There is such a thing as inflation you know. (as Ant for a pictural explanation!)

Nice almost pb Gul.

Good run KR. The duvet warm up strategy must be a good one!

Next race is this on Satuday Lorenzo. Some people from school were doing it and I couldnt really avoid it and maintain my repuatation! Abingdon is the main long term target, if I can get a number.

Not exactly HADD style Moof, but certainly no sessions. Mainly steady or off road in the hills. Nothing faster than 7.15m/m and much in the 8m/ms. I think the stiff lower back is something I will always have, so there is always the risk of injury, but nice to see that will the higher mileage there has not been a reoccurance. I plan to drop mileage slightly next month, but do one of those 10k sessions and maybe extend the length of the LSR. 

• Options
    moofmoof ✭✭✭

Parkrun for me today and I managed 19.02 on a very windy Newbury Greenham common. The lack of speed work showed and I was off the pace from the start, legs felt heavy. But I was pleased to have a strong finish and overtake someone in the final 300 meters.

Kind of where I thought I would be, about a minute down from beginning of April. Still nice to have a good blast.

Well done on your Parkruns KR and Gul.

• Options

Keir  - don't blame you for rising to the challenge (see Ant for a pictorial explanation!)

Good going this morning KR

Somehow never been tempted by GNR - seems like quite alot of money to me.

• Options
    GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭

Lorenzo agree re GNR, it is extortionate and it doesn't appeal to me either. Races in Ireland have to be the biggest rip off though, you pay about 20 Euros for a 5k and entry to the Dublin marathon is from 75 Euro's!!!! Still I will have to do it one day.

Good parkrun there Moof especially given lack of speedwork and the wind.

KR - Agree that piping someone and a throw in a hill 200m to go is cruel........image