Talkback: ASICS Super Six 2011: The Vote

Comments

• Hi Matt,  Am voting for you!  Good luck and I am sure you will achieve all your goals!!

Sara

• imageBridget - if you've turned up without Pringles you can get OFF that chair and sort it out!
  • This looks far more interesting than planning science lessons- early lunch me thinks!
  • I've already eaten Bexie.....image
  • LB - would Cheesy Wotsits and Twiglets do instead?
  • As long as you've not brought peanuts or I'm withdrawing my vote! image
  • ahhhhhhh -i've got to go out again to ANOTHER Xmas lunch
    definitely limiting alcohol intake for this one
    thanks to all the lovely people who have voted for Jane image
  • Morgahan: I just spat my coffee all over the keyboard! LOL
  • LB - I'll keep the nuts for someone else image

Jane - behave yourself this time image

• By the way - I can spell parody correctly but I was in a hurry!
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't "bellend" be "bell end"? Or am I betraying the fact I am not a native from this island and a bellend is, in fact, somebody from Bell, eg "we Bellends like a good sing song at the weekends down the pub!"
  • Good luck to everyone for the decision tomorrow image  what will be, will be and i'm sure its gonna be a top adventure for those that do.

It's been an.........interesting week............forum (that has made me feel imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage)

Most people have been a real pleasure to meet and chat to. I've laughed aloud on many an occasion and been inspired by peoples stories and hints and tips (main one being to invest in jelly babies !) I'm going to continue posting whatever occurs and to support those that are chosen to be the super six.

P.S i love the smileys and wish i could have them displayed on a badge to change at the touch of a button to show what am feelin.

*realises could be a dragons den idea and scuttles off to write it down while thinking- rodney this time next year we could be millionaires*

• Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)
    *pulls up comfy chair*

USB,

As someone who has recently taken a phone call from DFS to say "sorry, but delivery has been delayed until the new year, and is now looking at the festive period sat on dining room chairs or a couple of cushions, I would just like to let you know that I am very jealous of your comfy chair... image

• Oh no!  Could you get a couple of cheap ones from Ikea or somewhere to keep you going and then flog them?
  • on a serious note- as i fully realise that some of u have no idea when i 'm on the wind

well this is serious

IF and only if USB gets chosen for this, in my view ( not that i really understand marathon running )

her pb is 4:26 .... she's seeking 4.15,

that leaves her with a very realistic time , little pressure , just has to listen to what she's tutored and get on with it

had she have chosen 4.00, then that may have been a different story, it's a huge chunk, and creates immmence pressure, but going for 4.15 it may just help her towards 4.00

i've had the pleasure of racing Bridget many times, especially at cold , windy undulating 3 laps of Gloucester FM, and at RH marathon, were it was gale force at water sports centre, and she dug in and ripped it apart

and yes, she's expereinced and has that vital stamina and fitness required, she's no newbie, she a very expereinced runner, she knows how to pace herself and tackle hills well

and i'm sure if chosen, and listens to her mentor, and when training puts everything into it

she 'll succeed
  • Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)
    Oh no!  Could you get a couple of cheap ones from Ikea or somewhere to keep you going and then flog them?

Nah, Ikea isn't as cheap as you think... The whole problem started a couple of months ago when we moved house and found that our old sofa wouldn't go through the door. We've scraped together two old armchairs and I also managed to save the cushions from the old sofa so it shouldn't be too bad...

• wb

well you have taught me summut today

i understood ikea was top notch - oh well

• It depends what your definition of 'top notch' is...

If fine cuisine is defined by 'Bella Italia' & 'Nandos' and your definition of quality entertainment is 'The X-Factor' then Ikea would definately be classed as 'top notch' quality interior furniture & decor...

For everything else there's, well... taste? (tongue firmly placed in cheek whilst posting)

Vote for WILLIAMBLOKE in the SuperSix sub-3:00 category

• Being firmly in the cynical corner just for a moment, I do wonder how many of the "unlucky 12" will still be posting here on monday...

Like LB, I had assumed from reading the entry requirments that most of those put through might be regulars who posted at least occasionally; rather than just lurked and didn't start posting until they wanted our votes. Again, like LB, I have not voted in all categories. And I reserve the right to use what ever selection criteria I choose in deciding who to give my vote to; no-one gets to criticise the criteria anyone chooses.

• Holly Liz- i'll be interested too.

I'm sure there will be those that go back to their lurking ways, but I would like to think there will be some that stay active.

I've been an occasional poster over the last 5 years, certainly not racking up the number of posts you might expect a forumite with that history to have. However, if I don't go through I will be genuinely interested in the fate of the six and will follow their progress in the forums closely. I fully anticipate giving my thoughts along the way.

I think well done RW - whoever is chosen, oldie or newbie, as a runner I will enjoy following their progress throughout the winter. What will be will be!
  • IMO ....which is similar to those already ... if someone has not 'got involved' now and joined the online community I cant see them engaging for the next 4 months

Vote The Other Six

and may the best man win  image
  • It certainly wouldn't go down well if a chosen sixer didn't even update their progress on the forums! So I understand why people would choose to vote for those deemed likely to have the legs for the chat (as well as the mileage).

KK - agree, one hell of an effort to shave off what is already a fast pace. Would like to see that happen, for the runner involved and the supersix itself.
  • Holly Liz wrote (see)

Being firmly in the cynical corner just for a moment, I do wonder how many of the "unlucky 12" will still be posting here on monday...

I'll be posting till at least Tuesday…image
    Seriously though, the forum over the past year has been very motivational for me. I've learned a lot from all the other guys 'n girls on the sub 3.15 and still have a lot to learn too.

What you put in is what you get out - both with the running side and also the forum as well. It's not all about running though. There have been some cracking threads & posts on this site that have absolutely nothing to do with running.You know the ones I mean that make you snort tea through your nostrils.

Good luck to all the Super Six hopefuls - not long to go!

Okay, once more then, if you havent voted for anyone yet vote for [b]Colin [/b]in the sub 3.15 category.