Options

Talkback: ASICS Super Six 2011: The Vote

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to all the ASICS super sixer's  - have fun with your training, I hope the snow clears soon.
  • Options
    Well done all 6 of you, very jealous of course but here's hoping you all have a great time through the next four months and do us all proud in Paris.
  • Options
    Well done you 6. Good to see my vote for Sparky worked !!!
  • Options
    I think there were a lot of those FH image
  • Options

When are your training threads going up?

Want to follow and see if I can get sub 4.30 as I'll be running a marathon on the same day as Paris although it'll be in Suffolk image

• Options
    TL - they are all up but they have hidden them in the VLM section!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)
    TL - they are all up but they have hidden them in the VLM section!!!!!!
    That's for those forumites who don't speak French, to have the training in English, it has to be in the VLM.  If it's in any thread connected to Paris, all the training is in French.imageimage
  • Options

I think that's a bit unreasonable considering there are a range of time brackets for people to apply for. Why should someone in the sub 5 hr category be logging 35plus miles a week? Especially if they are not used to training for marathons.

I love these competitions because they look to help both the advanced runner and the newbies. A persons committment shouldn't be measured purely in their mileage. A big congratulations to everyone who made it through!

• Options
    ursula terrell wrote (see)

I think that's a bit unreasonable considering there are a range of time brackets for people to apply for. Why should someone in the sub 5 hr category be logging 35plus miles a week? Especially if they are not used to training for marathons.

I love these competitions because they look to help both the advanced runner and the newbies. A persons committment shouldn't be measured purely in their mileage. A big congratulations to everyone who made it through!

Well the inconvenient truth is that marathons aren't shorter for slower runners.

• Options

I think that's a bit unreasonable considering there are a range of time brackets for people to apply for. Why should someone in the sub 5 hr category be logging 35plus miles a week?

Especially if they are not used to training for marathons.

That's exactly the point.

A persons committment shouldn't be measured purely in their mileage.

It's not about commitment, it's about level of fitness and hence ability to complete the training without injury.

• Options
    Cheers Sparkly B will pop over there image
  • Options

Shame that the mentors don't seem to have put in any appearances yet.

• Options

William bloke, similar story for me too.

You take your health for granted and I had a brain tumour op a couple of years ago and the recovery spurred me to get fit and start running. Hoping to do my first marathon this year, did 10ks and a half last year, with 10k time around 46 mins and the half in 1 hour 45, so feel I have a decent chance of a reasonable time if I can get in to the one I want to run which is Amsterdam.If you're the Williambloke I think you are, you'll know the name Vandergas, thats me. Good luck with the running, maybe run with you one day.

• Options

hey justkeeptrying (mr. lorentz) i'm supporting you as one of your students (who thinks that you are an incredible could-be comedian) i really think you could go all the way! everyone is supporting you at wx and we all hope you succeed!image

Just Keep Trying!!