ASICS Super Six: Peter (Sub-3:00)

Introducing the first member of our ASICS Super Six 2011 … Peter (aka peter thompson 14)

Peter will be using our Sub-3:00 Garmin-Ready Marathon Schedule as a basis for his training and will be mentored by Steve Smythe directly on this thread (starting December 20).

He’ll be posting his training progress and be receiving advice directly from the ASICS PRO Team experts live on this thread so make sure you check back regularly to find out how he gets on.

Good luck Peter!

Comments

• Good luck Pete - look forward to following your progress - care to share some running history as a kick off?
  • Echoing the others sentiments Pete. Well done on getting in. As AC said - can you remind us of your running background ?
  • Well done on getting through Pete... I'll be following your progress & hopefully also be able to take on board some of Steves mentoring as I aim for my sub-3:00 marathon in Edinburgh in May...
  • Well done, Peterimage. Will poke my head in pre VLM, but think sub 3 is going to be annoyingly out of reach for me this year- but hoping for sub 3.05image
  • Have we lost him already   ???
  • No coach, no athlete - I thought it started today?!!
  • Maybe today is a rest day in the schedule?
  • Is this the right place for the sub 3 hr SSX thread or should I be looking elsewhere?

• Plenty of planning to be done on a rest day I would have thought.
  • Alice RW wrote (see)

He’ll be posting his training progress and be receiving advice directly from the ASICS PRO Team experts live on this thread so make sure you check back regularly to find out how he gets on.
    Oh good. I will keep checking back regularly in that case. I wouldn't want to miss anything image
  • Could be out running ...image
  • He is probably a man of few words....he has only managed 18 posts since the beginning of the campaign . He is probably just shy............image

so whats todays run on the schedule say.........

• 5 miles easy today according to the Garmin sub 3 schedule here....

• You going to be running them then Curly? Report how you get on.image
  • Nah I've got 10k easy on my schedule image

(its good when you've got you're own schedule cause you can move stuff around if you like image)

• Perhaps the other 2 should not rush off to soon! Mite have to draw straws!
  • Interesting that the schedule has 3 quality sessions per week whilst building mileage. 
  • one of the other two only did 2 posts if I remember correctly.................these fast guys must be out running all the timeimage.shame as i love reading about them doing so many miles as such and such a pace.......it all seems so much complicated than what I do........image
  • Will the real Peter Thomson step out from under his invisibility cloak and reveal himself ???? Playing hard to get eh ....
  • Will the real PT please stand up

Please stand up

Please stand up

• I'm sure he's got a bananaman pic on his avatar, perhaps he's busy saving the universe.
  • Moraghan wrote (see)
    Interesting that the schedule has 3 quality sessions per week whilst building mileage. 
    Interesting also that so many runners get injured in these early weeks when following the schedule - dare I suggest a correlation?
  • Seen Better Days wrote (see)
    Moraghan wrote (see)
    Interesting that the schedule has 3 quality sessions per week whilst building mileage. 
    Interesting also that so many runners get injured in these early weeks when following the schedule - dare I suggest a correlation?
    Did the old RW sub 3 plan have a similar first week? I know they have developed and updated the plans compared to last yr.
  • kittenkat wrote (see)

http://www.barney-wol.net/video/testcardf/TCFscan_medium.jpg

(Showing my age now aren't I! image )

x-post - Can you add the sound KK? image

Edit for grammar

• Keir wrote (see)
    Seen Better Days wrote (see)
    Moraghan wrote (see)
    Did the old RW sub 3 plan have a similar first week? I know they have developed and updated the plans compared to last yr.

The link on the previous page was to a schedule from 2007, so I guess it's the same as last years one.  I see they're using a 'Garmin-ready' schedule, then giving them a Timex GPS watch instead.

I hate schedules - difficult to keep to if you want a life outside of running, and they all seem to be telling me I should be doing more miles than I am.  Still, it'll be interesting to see if he can stick to it and how he gets on.

• OK - when do we start to worry?