ASICS Super Six: Alex (Sub-4:00)

1353637383941»

Comments

• Kate and SRM you should be so lucky! Totes agreed re time and financial investment. Mine has a recurring knee injury so has sworn off running almost completely. It's a bit sad. I'm aiming to just enter loads of races and then announce them a week beforehand...!

• Ha concurrent posting! Very excited to listen to Marathon Talk - most recent ep?

Kate you must just need to eat all the time. Perhaps I could send you some of the cakes I keep baking?

• Unfortunately Alex I do eat all the time but too much! According to a race calculator thing someone posted if I lose half a stone I'll be a sub 3.30er. Baking this Christmas' first batch of mince pies this weekend so please no more cakes.... Mr F's birthday soon though so any recipe ideas would be good, current favourite is a carrot cake with frosted cheese and lime topping.
  • I run, therefore I can eat cake  image

There has to be reward for the effort, BUT, in moderation and that is so hard image

Dusseldorf and Cologne marathons for me next year, with a sprinkling of 10K and HM's too. The thing I've realised in Germany is you have to commit to the race early to get the best price. Wait and the price goes up every couple of months. So other the next few months will be picking where I want to run in 2013 and then setting up my Outlook calendar to give me reminders for when the entry opens

BTW as I now know 2 internationally renowned running superstars how do I get autographs?

• Sorry KateF, I can't get it into the envelope. Every time I try I end up eating it instead image
  • SRM - make two lots and quickly seal the envelope while you're stuffing your face with the first one.

I think we also like champagne.

GOOD IDEA re Outlook reminders for entries. I'm trying to enter the Berlin half right now, but can't as my credit card, corporate credit card and bank card all expire within three months of the event, which means you can't use them!!

• Great to find your thread Alex!

So weird we're in the same club and never knew. I thought I recognised you from the pics in Runner's World last year.

And hello to everyone else image

I've been having problems signing up to Berlin- I keep getting stuck at the medical certificate stage. It doesn't let me submit!