ASICS Super Six: Bridget (Sub-4:15)

Comments

• Oh dear, not quite what's meant by silent night!

Gawd she sounds a nightmare Bridget, you deserve a medal for inviting her in the first place

• PS ta for the schedule stuff.  Reckon I'll swap Tuesday/Wednesday round, so sorted.

Good stuff ffRAN.  Betterer here too.image

• Morning!  I can see I shall have to get up earlier to catch the first post image

Time to get ready for that thing that pays the bills

• Hash, good to see you running again, know it was a hard one for you last year.

I do HR training, so it's a bit of a different approach, I have calculated my HRs for given levels (done on %age of max HR) but it works out slow(or easy - same thing), steady (between 1 - 2 m/m faster) and tempo ( 2 - 3 m/m faster or gut busting).  You couldn't swap now, if you haven't been doing it, but perhaps as the programme progresses there will be more of a differentiation between the paces.

If you MiL is as bad as she sounds, then I reckon that we'd be seeing you doing the full mara on Christmas Day (and Boxing Day, and the next day. . .!)

Disappointing that your mentor couldn't get in touch on the first day, I'd have thought that it would have been a nice touch.  Did you hear from him?  Did any of the others?   How does the training work?   I see that they've set it out already, but do they tweak any of the sessions based on your results?

• I too am curious about the mentoring. Is it just regurgitating sessions based on known RW training plans or is it tailored to you?

Bridget - Christmas will soon be over and then you can focus on training

• Ta Jeepersimage

I don't know Bridget's mentor, but Steve's been fab for the last couple of years.  Not just generous with his advice to everyone else as well as his mentees, but sound as a pound, really encouraging, and gives really clear, sensible advice tailored to their individual abilities.  Let's hope when Bridget's gets going, he turns out to be the same. 

• Madge pies wrote (see)
    I'm very slightly tempted by the idea of coming out to support you image

great minds think alike image- a small plan is forming.............Kitchen et al en vacances<adjusts onions and beret>

USB - today I will be dragging my carcass onto the dreadmill - no other choice, and I have to burn off some of this constant snackingimage

• P.S - I have never been able to HRM run either - even though I am stats madeimage
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    USB - agreed, HR would be silly if you haven't been doing it, as long as the paces are right for you.

When Mr Debbo was one of the GNR lucozade super six a few years ago the schedule was taken straight from RW and no adaptations made, despite him having not done any speed work for ever and having a bad back - I'm amazed he didn't end up with an injury image
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Bridget,

They've hidden this away.  I've only managed to find it by searching on Asics Super Six.  Good luck.

• I had this query last year that the pace of the easy run on the sub 4:00 was the same at times.........the schedules also didn't mention walm up and down for some of it so the middle bits have to be faster than that time to get an average or you are going off too fast.............

doesn't seem like they have addrrssed the pace issue...........be interesting to se Bud's take on things.......

• Well its gone nine oclock where are you Bud? Got up yet?

Good Luck USB hope you enjoy the training and here's to a four hour marathon for you!!!! Just raised my cup of coffee in my freezing office, the landlord cant afford the oil......... got an electric blower heater on and not taken my scarve or coat off yet.

Not got a definite spring marathon in mind, a few halves but not committed to another full one yet. London last year would take some beating for the atmosphere I reckon amazing experience.

ENJOY and I have just bookmarked the thread in anticipation of four months of joy and pain.........!!!image I have heard he is a tough trainer.

• Phew!  You lot are chatty today image

LJB - if you're on the dreadmill around 6.30 we can run together

HY4 - yes, for some reason it is categorised under VLM!

seren - warm up?  cool down?  One of my weaknesses is only dong that for speedwork image

I am glad that I've got plenty of experience so I feel quite happy shifting stuff around to account for the snow and the holibobs.

• Training will be easy it will be keeping up with the Thread that may be harder!!!!image
  • I got the link offf Hash Bridget else I would still be looking. image
  • I think Bud has got lost in a snow drift! 

Mark Street 2 wrote (see)

I have heard he is a tough trainer.

When he turns up image

• Perhaps he has gone for a BUD!!! Not good enough a whole day's training lost for our USB tut tut.......
  • I think Bridget should relocate to france to acclimatise. I hear that the French knobble the opposition by plying them with red wine. Sounds horrble. image

The snow / ice mixture has turned to deep slush here and I got very wet feet today. Enjoy winter training youall!

• maybe he has been abducted by aliens. image
  • bm - you hear right!  In the last few miles there are people promoting other French marathons with wine, cider and nibbles.  I didn't partake last time and am sure I won't this time either!

I realised there is a bit to the side of each programme where you can put in your target time and it gives the various training paces so I can stop trying to do all sorts of sums.  I've also be a bit OCD and cut and pasted the first 3 weeks of each programme into a word document so I could easily compare them.  It looks like the interval sessions are identical apart from pace while the other runs are just that bit longer on the  4 hour schedule (and you get the option of an extra rest day on the 4.30)

• ness3ness3 ✭✭✭
    Good luck USB...image
  • Congrats Bridget - i'll be keeping an eye out on this thread now i've found it we are a similar pace so it will be interesting to see what the experts have in store for you
  • Well, I have been hunting high and low for this....well done USB.....looking forward to following. image
  • Knocks on door and pop's in, Hi USB so this is your Forum niceimage Just wanted to wish you all the best for the next 12 weeks or so if anyone can do this it's you. We are all looking for you to run that PB so go girl go.

Hi Hash and Pammie, I also see Mr Spoons has been for a visit.

• *blows a kiss to NP*

Back to the gym tonight and did 4 miles (as per the 4 hour schedule) at the 'slow' pace calculated by the thingy on here (10.54 mm).  Thankfully I managed to turn off my brain a bit with lots of gazing into space and counting as well as periodically calculating what the time would be at certain points image

Tomorrow (well Thursday really) is prescribed to be 2 miles at 'steady' pace which will be 9.44 mm.  Hopefully I can sneak in on Mr S's membership again as forking out for less than 20 minutes would be painful.

Just realised I need to find a 10K or 5 miler for week 4.

• Morning!

A little bit more snow here last night but as the neighbour appears to have brought his gritting lorry home for lunch yesterday at  least the roadis much clearer than it was image

I realised the sessionI'm doing today didn't mention any warming up or cooling down so I'll aim for a mile of each (especially if  I end up paying today)

Have a good one all

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Bridget,

That was good of the neighbour.  I thnk today is when you're likely to get a lot of snow, still it's handy having hubby's gym membership.  (Hope you don't get rumbled.)

• Morning USB

Managed the dreadmill last night - only 3 miles though.  Still every little helps towards my target for 2010 - 7 miles left. Will be heading there again tonight as our gym closed Xmas Eve till 29th.

Useful kind of neighbour!image 

• Congrats B. Please keep training sensible and don't get injured like so many did last year. image it's great to see a fellow fetchie and forumite in the top 6. Go girl go. image
  • Morning all, its the treadmill for me today, the snow has started hers in Warwickshire again.