Options

ASICS Super Six: Bridget (Sub-4:15)

Comments

• Options
    Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭

Just a quick note to say.

I have a marathon DNF, but actually it was the best thing I've ever done in terms of my running and learning about myself. It stings for a while though image

I didnt rush to do another marathon, and pulled my training into some cracking shorter races. Just a thought, because then you dont have to compromise on course/weather etc. Completely understand if you want to put it to bed and all that by cracking the time, but your training will be very useful for every distance at the end of the day. 

• Options

Bridget is tough enough to cope with the DNF definitely. 'Failure' (though it wasn't) so publicly is a bitter pill to swallow. She's in great shape and it'd be a shame to waste the training.

D2D's remark may well come back to bite her on the arse one day. I believe that's called karma....

And please, don't send her to Fetch. It's a nice place with pleasant people. I don't think she'd fit in.

• Options
    Hey USB
    How are you feeling today?
    x
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Just doing a quick round of the VLM threads. If anyone is looking for a train ticket from the NW (Macclesfield) to London, please message me. Depart 16th April morning, Return 17th April evening. It might even suit a football fan going down for the semi's. I've got a spare now as my daughter cant make it. Selling at cost £23.
  • Options
    USB...curly's idea might be a good one.work on some shorter races.............keep up your long runs and then go for abingdon in October where you know its a PB courseimage
  • Options
    seren nos wrote (see)
    USB...curly's idea might be a good one.work on some shorter races.............keep up your long runs and then go for abingdon in October where you know its a PB courseimage
    It's a great idea, I think sadly Abingdon is sold out, however I think if USB does decide to go down that route Asics might have some sway and influence with a few race organisers not to mention us lot image
  • Options

USB- hope you are ok today- hang on in there we're all right behind you!

take care xx

• Options
    Oh and D2D- i don't normally reply to you but next time you are waffling on with what ever issue you are currently having no doubt it'll just be down karma.........................
  • Options

it was all about her until you decided to come on here and bitch............anything to get the attention on you rather than on someone else................I know you are young but acting like a toddler is going a bit too far.........

If you believe in Karma then has all the millions of things that seem to have been over dramatised in your life over the last 2 years are all a result of Karma.......

anyway..abingdon is sold out but there is usually a waiting list and there are always loads of people dropping out closer to the timeimage

USB........

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

If it was me USB I'd be tempted by the Edinburgh offer.  You've done all the training and you still have fresh legs.  I think its about 6 weeks away so you'd have time to recover from your illness and get another couple of weeks good training in?  I'm sure Steve MC could advise?  Also, its close to me and I would come and cheer you on!

• Options

Sorry you had a bad one USB, but they'll be others.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    (((Bridget))), a tough decision but it sounds like the right one. Thre is nothing big or clever about continuing when you are ill. You had done everything you should so it's 'onwards and upwards' now. xx
  • Options

Well I'm back in Blighty!  Lots of messages both here, elsewhere and by mail too.  I now have quite a few things to consider.

solb - today I've been feeling headachy, thirsty and just generally out of sorts.  I had a whale of a time in Paris (and over the last few months too) but I'm glad to have my own bed to sleep in tonight image

seren - shall we join that waiting list then? image

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

USB - Sorry to read about your run - I`m shocked. You will come back from this a stronger person - not only from kicking into touch what happened at Paris but from what you learnt getting there. Take some time off & go for a jog or two & have some fun while you plan ahead. Hugs

Always Aching - Hello (poor choice of name btw)

• Options
    Hey
    Sorry you've been feeling poorly today too - guess it explains a lot though.
    Come and run Edinburgh with me image It's the 22nd May start time 9.50am - I'm driving up from Wiltshire the day before and staying somewhere cheap and cheerful image
    Look after yourself
  • Options
    Rotten news, B but I see you're already fighting back and that along with the ability to make sound decisions based on past experience is the mark of strong runner.  You'll nail the next one, I have no doubt.
  • Options
    USB, I DNF'd in my marathon last Autumn and deciding to stop isn't an easy decision to make. I think you've been very brave. Hope you find a good opportunity (long or short) to put that training into use soon.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Bad luck USB, this will make the next positive race feel so much sweeter.

Looks like you got a lot of love on here, I'm sure you won't let one particularly nasty forumite get you down.

• Options

Bridget

how are u today ahh ....

not sure whats been said  to cause a stir but

your no1 girl - a fine marathon runner -

me & Phil have suffered 3 DNF's - ( all my own fault i add )

• Options
    Bridget if you want to run a marathon for fun in the next couple of weeks/months - preferably not too far away from 'home' then I would LOVE to come and do it with you and go for sub 4.15!! We've both had had pretty near on perfect training for Brighton/Paris and both had some pretty unfortunate circumstances resulting in a no-show for me and DNF for you and it would be so good to put behind us and move on. lots of love xxx
  • Options

Bridget

Sorry to hear you had to pull out, sounds like you have something hanging around so good decision. I agree with others you will come back stronger from this disappointment. Thinking of you. 

• Options

Back to the grindstone this morning image  Pleased with how I managed to field the questions about how I got on - quick explanation (I stopped at 12 miles because I was ill) and then diverting it to what a fabulous weekend it was overall image

I may go for a short run tonight depending on how I feel when I get home later.  Definitely slept better in my own bed!

• Options
    B - your bit on the video broke my heart a little bit. You were already so brave and Sparkly again by the time I got back to the Asics bus - you're amazing.
  • Options

I think I'm being thick!!!...where is the video???

• Options
    Your interview brought tears to my eyes too - congratulations USB on keeping it together and being so brave ... you didn't get to run this marathon but you'll easily get your target time in the next and you've brought such a lot to the forums. Thank you
  • Options
    http://ow.ly/4yr5t - sorry the link button isn't doing anything
  • Options

marmalade - it is on the home page

I've watched it with the sound off (I've done that with all the videos first) and will wait till I've got the house to myself before I try it with sound.

I decided not to run tonight as I got caught up in trying to find accomodation in Dorset for the early May bank holiday weekend.  Guess what?  By the time I found somewhere not too far away the 2 places available for the North Dorset Villages Marathon had gone!  Name is now on the waiting list.

• Options
    Bridget, only just got back to the UK and proper internet connectivity. Absolutely gutted for you to hear the news but everything that has been said will hold true and making the decision to stop was a much braver thing to do that to carry on. I am sure that with all the awesome training you have put in you will ace the Dorset race, fingers crossed for a place for you. You know we will all be behind you.
    Paris was a super experience and I'm glad that you enjoyed the other aspects of it.
    I hope that you are feeling much better by now both mentally and physically.

Sending you a big hug. H x
  • Options

She'll be beating us again soon i 'm sure

ok, may not be over 10k or 10 miles, but certainly will over HM or FM