RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Hello!

Just passing though!

a little bit of good news from me: after over 2 years battling with our local council and millions of risk assesment forms my best friend and i have finally succeeded in getting our local parkrun off the the ground! tomorrow morning will be the inaugaral running of the Southsea Parkrun! image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Well done Z!  Next time I'm down I'll make sure I come along.  Good luck with it. image

• Mr Z - Well done, that must of been tough beating the local jobs worths.

O4S - Just think, you could have identical shirts with 'Run together, Bike together, Fight together' lol.

• Minni - Thanks! perfect PB oppurtunity! image 

Simon - years of " Computer says No" from the council, our hardest battle was to get anybody even to talk to us!

My running is going well - keeping it consist without being spectacular before any building

• Hope today went well FRC

O4S Would never run a race holding hands with Barry as he would drag me so it's not an option image

Daren Good luck with the 10k on Sunday

Mr Z - good news hope the park run goes well.

I've managed to keep the cold at bay with first defence but getting nervous about Sunday. Decided not to run YKW tomorrow.

• Simon: we were joint organisers of a 100 mile ultra some years ago and afterwards the rest of the committee gave us identical T-shirts. On the back mine had 'The Boss', while BA had 'The Serf' on his image

• My GF and me ran the first 17 miles together last week. The she sprinted off and left me for dust imageimage

• hope the parkrun goes well Mr Z

• Yay Mr Z, good look with Southsea tomorrow! Hard work but very very worthwhile image

Feel better soon Pinklady, as with all YKWs - "there's always next week!"

Barry the tshirts at Berlin sound a bit image

Hope today went OK FRC.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    O4S- think Simon missed ' drink on your own' from the T shirt- do you run with a wip?

Mr Z- great job - think how many people in the future will take up racing because of you meaning it's even harder to get a VLM place

Pink - excited for you. Chill

Spoons- she had to get home to run your bath make your tea that's why she didn't wait

Bought a replacement for my stolen bike today get it Thursday
  • kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭
    Haha, no chance of his and her races here - OH hates talking to me about racing/training - so much so that when he did his first middle distance tri last year he told me he was doing a sprint, and all our mates doing it kept it from me too. I only found out a few days after he'd done the damn thing!

Barry - yep, they did stop doing that, but if you'd already built up a few years of rejections in the old system they let you keep going which is what he inexplicably did, even though he doesn't seem to want to run it! (Although if he did he wouldn't tell me - see above!)

Anyway, enough of my dysfunctional relationships... Hope event #1 goes great tomorrow Zuvai!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Lol KFC!  Is your marathon next weekend? 

I had to fit in a missed 10m from Thursday (hungover image) last night and time was limited so ended up at 7:37 pace. Off visiting a Uni with Miss Minni today then a quality 15 tomorrow.  I've recovered from Redcar much quicker than GNR (I wouldn't have been able to knock that 10 miler out 6 days after GNR) so don't know if that means I didn't put enough effort in or that I'm just getting mega fIt. Probably the first one. image

• 2old now I've kept the cold at bay with first defence, I will give tomorrow's 10k my best shot. Giving YKW a miss today though. image

Simon I didn't like Loose Women when I was off sick - have you tried watching Doctors?

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Pink- I've just had my flu jab which has done the trick for the last few years. Amazing what you get at Morrisons

minni- it's probably the incremental improvement that comes with consistent quality training. Once you overlay marathon training on this base you should see your racing jump to another level too. Enjoy the 15 m. 

Barry - what VLM GFA applies to you?

Off for a swim soon. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

That's 2.5 k In the pool .So hard driving home looking at all those runners out there on such a perfect morning. 

• Pink - Sorry for the misunderstanding , I couldn't find the sarcastic smiley face for when I said I liked 'loose women'. Having to watch that forever, would be hellimage.

2old - I know what you mean, seeing all these runners and cyclists, does my head in when you're on the sick benchimage.

Here you are team, how to get that killer kick.....http://www.runnersworld.com/workouts/the-body-shop-a-big-kick

• 2old - What bike did you go for in the end? 

Is it just me, but it won't let me edit/delete posts anymore!

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Simon- Trek Domane 4.3C. Totally wasted on me really. imageThe cycle shop was telling me they had £50k of bikes stolen recently .Looked at your link...my achilles stops me from doing all but the first . imageMy edit won't work either .

• 2old - Nice choice of bike, you'll have to keep an eye on it outside the cake stops. And no excuses for going slow nowimage.

• 2old -  GFA  is 3:15 for me as I'm 47, but I think now they' ve changed 50 to 3:20 they should have a sliding scale so my GFA should be 3:17,  so  my abo time would get me in, alternately I should have run a bit faster(1/3 of a second a mileimage), no I'm not bitter at all.image Anyway Barcelona marathon entered image.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Simon- cake shops? I'm eating on the move !

barry- 3.20 starting to look too fast for me too image . Good race choice 

• good luck to tomorrow's racers - Pink, hope you've knocked that cold on the head + enjoy your first raceimage

Darren - conditions are looking good for Southend tmrw, go for it!

Zuva - fab you've set up a parkrun, how did it go?

i'm another who doesn't like running with my oh, dragged him round 3 half marathons back in the day, bless him I'm sure he hated every moment of it and sermed quite relieved when I agrred he was more suited to spectating running eventsimage

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Kiwi- my OH has decided only to watch me in marathons now and when I do them she usually misses me go past 

just done some jogging on a trampoline as I did when my other achilles was injured.... Pleasantly surprised by the absence of pain. 

• Nice 10M Minni. 'Only' 15 for me tomorrow too image

Good luck for the 10K tomorrow Pinklady, remember we like a race report!

Hope you first event went without a hitch this morning Zuvai.

That must have took some skill to not fall off 2old!

Great news about Barcelona marathon Barry, you'll love it.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Carrot  - is it two weeks till the marathon? 

• Yes two weeks tomorrow.  Eeek!

• It looks like FRC had a good day at Round Ripon Ultra today. I'll let him tell you all, but well doneimage.

• 2old - I'm not listening to you, you've got a sub 3:10 to your name, you will be back.

Daren/Pink - Good luck for tomorrow, different paces different targets,  but both go and nail it.

• kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭
    Daren, Pink Lady - run fast!

Minni - yep, leicester is next week. Am home this weekend and tapered well today with a sociable 50 on the bike, and just back after discovering a real ale festival at the local...
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Simon- great article thanks. Have you ever been absorbed into a peloton ? It happened to me in a tri race and it was chaos as I couldn't get past it and it then split in half when some  went down the wrong lane and the rest suddenly stopped blocking the whole road. image Gutted I'm missing the Ormskirk 10k today image

Daren/pink- have a great 10k

FRC- looking forward up your ultra update

good running all.