RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Wow pb with that hill in there is good. The downhill back into town is nice after the hill though. I'm talking myself into doing this as well now.image

• Good luck to all the racers this w/end, esp AA, I hope the heel is ok.

Oompa - yes waking up with a jolt, must really hurt your knee. When you shout amputation, make sure they take the right leg lol.

Pinklady - Well done on your YKW 

• YKW this morning, after 1.5 mile warm up calf felt OK so decided to race, great conditions.  Pep talk done for Pinklady,  made my way to the frontish.  K Splits as follows, 3:45, 3:58,3:54,4:04,3:55 so a 5K PB of 19:32(garmin) and 15th place for me so very happy with that. 

Went back and  ran last K with Pinklady  to offer encouragement and was only told to "shut up" once.image So congrats  on your first race and now you know you can do 9 min/mile will expect some more in your trainingimage and please make sure you are logged in as you when you connect the Garminimage, deleting all your runs for the last 3 months from my account was no fun.

• Hard to keep up with you lot, awesome training going on, well done all!

BecsA - congratulations, wishing you both many happy years together image

Simon - how awful, really can't believe what kids can get up to nowadays, hope you mend quickly!

Oompa - good to have the op out of the way, also sending healing vibes in your direction for a quick recovery!

Red - sorry to hear things aren't great at the moment, hope they pick up for you.

O4S - that sounds awful! Hopefully everyone is fully recovered by now!

Well done Pinklady and Barry for the YKW this morning.

Good luck A.A and D.D for tomorrow's race, really looking forward to reading your reports!

• Daren - nice reps. Sounds horrid. 

pink - well done to you. 

Barry - great sub 20. Hope the calf is ok. 

Oomps - hate that falling dream. And you've got to go though it all againimage

my number is 1469 and can track live on challenge Henley website. 

Bike racked. Various bags dropped off in various locations. Met up with DD who was looking way too chilled and relaxed about it all! image Not fair! I'm up at 4am as going with a mate doing the full on a 6:40 start! Bit of hanging around getting extra nervous tomorrow! DD is off at 7:55. I'm off at 8. 

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

I think you're sounding quietly confident AA. You'll be fine.  Just get on with it!

Shildon - A few years ago I was stuck on a 1:46 HM. Ran that time on numerous occasions then did the GRN in 1:41, a 5 minute PB.  2 or 3 weeks later I went to Jed and finished in 1:36!  I then stuck at that time for a couple of years before moving down to 1:32 two years ago.  I've lost track of how many times I've finished within 10-15 seconds of that PB now so surely I should be due another jump?!!

• Alright all

nice 5k PB Barry

Best of luck with the tri tomorrow AA & DD

Just back from my 10K and have already had a couple of pints image. New PB achieved. 42:00 on my watch, not sure what the official time if. Kinda hoping it dipped under 42, but no results out yet so am twiddling my thumbs. But whatever the second, it was still a 1 minute PB over last year's 10K PB so I can only be please. Went out quick and help the pace pretty well.

Split
    Time
    Distance
    Avg Pace
    Summary 42:00.9 6.33 6:38
    1 6:30.4 1.00 6:30
    2 6:32.9 1.00 6:33
    3 6:35.1 1.00 6:35
    4 6:39.5 1.00 6:39
    5 6:42.7 1.00 6:43
    6 6:51.0 1.00 6:51
    7 2:09.3 0.33 6:34

• We reached the Med! The rain is torrentialimage so no celebratory swim, will just have to settle for some cold and white....image

• Simon - hope you're being well looked after

Daren - 'tie up a shoelace' = knackered! Seriously though, sounds like a tough session with the steady recoveries. Well done not giving in.

Oompa - you'll be high as a kite soon!

Well done Ant, all of those horrible speed sessions paid off! You must be over the moon with that.

Typical weather for your arrival at the Med O4S, best just stay in the shelter of the nearest pub image

Great parkrun debut Pinklady, hit your sub-30 target on the first attempt!

Barry that's great news, really well ran! It's all looking good for Berlin.  How far are you long running tomorrow?

Good luck AA and DD, hoping for a pain free race for you AA and an enjoyable one for you DD.

• AA I'm sure you will do really well tomorrow - have confidence & good luck. image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Ant - congratulations! Brilliant stuff!  let's hope the second goes in your favour. 

Carrot - is your 10k tomorrow? 

Brol - hope you're feeling good for the half tomorrow. 

• Minni - i agree you get periods where you're stuck on times then when you least expect it knock a large chunk off. That's the fun bit of racing some days you don't know how it's going to go.

Well done Pinklady you are improving at a good rate.

Ant - well done that's excellent.

• 42:00 is the official time. Should have started my finish line sprint earlier! image

• Ant - great PB

AA & DD - good luck tomorrow

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Good luck AA and DD

Great 10k pb Ant

1.30 is there for the taking MInni

good racing and running tomorrow all 

• Ant - great pb

kfc - have fun in your sprint tri

bro - enjoy the rocknroll half. Good luck. 

I can't sleep....

• Ant - Congrats on the PB.

Carrot - No long run today as I am working, probably tomorrow.

Good luck to Brol, AA and DD.

YKW results gave me 19:30 and 1st in my age group. image

• The official results for YKW 29.31 - even better! Really pleased with that image

Many congrats to my OH for 1st place in his age group & a great run - sorry I messed u your Garmin image

Good luck DD, AA & Brol for today

• 16 miles done this morning garmin issues. First 5 miles were not picking up accurate mile points in the dark it's been alright before. Has anyone else had similar problems?

thats good going Barry and well done on first in age.image

• Just been looking at the stats for YKW - I was 4th in my age group out of 23!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Shildon - I've had garmin issues occasionally. I'm think there must be satellite issues. 

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Stalking of AA and DD has begun.  I know AA was going starting at 8:05 but not sure about DD.  No splits up yet.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Oh my goodness.  AA is out the water and swam 3 minutes faster than DD according to the splits. imageimageimage

• I've just come back from a steady 7 mile run & looked at Henley - AA doing well & already out & running - go girl!!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Cycling now PL.  I think the tracking has stuck though.  Why do these things never work properly. image

• Hi guys! Back home now and finally able to write a proper post. Just noticed that the last post I did from my phone was cut in half with the 2nd half disappearing image

Hope AA and DD have a great HIM today. The swim sounds amazing - that girl is on fire! Let's cross our fingers her run goes pain free.

O4S: not that we needed another proof but you are truly bionic!! I would have stopped the moment the vomiting started an called it a day. We did a tiny bit (compared to you anyway) of proper hardcore mountain biking and it wiped me for 24 hours. Nevermind climbing all over the French mountains for weeks ... on no food .... struck by a virus! Hope you lot feel better now.

Congrats to Pinklady and BB image  and to AntP for a brilliant 10k imageimage

Very little running to report here. The 2nd week was about proper rock climbing. We did a 2-day tour and couldn't walk when we came back. Then did another one the following day and I can still feel it in my body! Honestly, it was DOMS like I've never experienced before. Gimme a marathon any day ... climbing is brilliant but it uses muscles groups that I didn't know I had. Especially upper body stuff image I still hope the biking and climbing and some running at altitude meant I haven't lost too much fitness. Guess I'll do a trendy 5 later image.

Minni: you will sure smash that 1:32 out of the window. You are so much stronger than me and I hope to be able to run 1:32/1:33ish. I have not picked up much speed this summer image  and my calf still niggles image

Back to work tomorrow image

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Last minute decision to run English Half in Warrington. No idea what I could expect. Finished in 90 mins 6 secs. Official time won't be much different. Very pleased with this comeback . More later

excited about everyones race reports today 

• Nice 7 there Pinklady.

yes Minni the first 5 miles which I know are miles we're showing about 1.2 s then it was fine later. I was out at 4.45 so don't know wether to put it down to dark/ weather or buy new.

2old - sounds as if you ran today with no pressure or expectations but ran very well. Congratulations.

welcome back chick.

• ant - fab p.b, well done!

2old - brilliant half from you, you must be so pleased to have the injury woes behind you.

chick welcome back, rock climbing sounds like fun.

hope the racers are faring well, especially AA's foot, can't wait to read all the race results later image