RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Ant - the medium pack is faster than the main pack. Then there's the fast pack who are elites. Aly Dixon won. image

AA - my legs are mashed! 6 this morning was quickly cut to 3!! 

• kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭
    Quick check in - gas leaks and no internet to deal with right now! I'm sure there's been some great runs over the weekend so well done!

Great news on VLM ant - but I thought you were done with winter marathon training?

I recovered properly for the second part of the 5k / 10k double with lots of heavy lifting, cleaning, and some lovely strong beer. I'm sure that's what Mo does.

The 10k was a local charity race - everyone in the same t-shirt, most people walking the 5k option and 10mins of compulsory aerobics before the start. Quickly found myself out in front (leading a race is really cool!), then a few guys overtook the lead. The 10k was 4 flat laps and I started lapping people halfway through the second lap (!). Pretty soon there was nobody else around, but it was good motivation to keep catching and lapping people. Kept a pretty even pace of 7.56 all the way and finished in 41.36 - I think the course was a bit short so probably more like 43 for the 10k. That would be a big PB so happy with that, but think there's more to come.

Was 4th overall, and 1st lady by 7 minutes...
  • kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭
    Oops - meant 6.56! The course wasn't that short!
  • Good stuff Minni / KFC

• excellent long runs freemers and 2old. Wish I could say I needed to reign myself in :-/ Still need to kick myself to avoid plodding.

Decent 10k efforts there col and kfc and brilliant xc running, Min ????

Daren: smells of marathon trainingimage. Planning a 9a VLM appearance by any chance??

10 and a bit miles for me this morning.

was a bit slippery in places - we had freezing fog ???
  • ok, so Android Icons don't work. instead you get ????
  • col.col. ✭✭✭

kfc - excellent 10k and well done on being the 1st lady. That was a brilliant weekend's racing.

Minni - good work on the XC. That's a neat idea the way they split the pack

Daren - excellent pace work on the hilly 15m. Very tough session.

Chickadee -  well done on getting a 10 miler done this morning

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Minni/KFC-great races by you both-particularly like the way you bothed raced others in them rather than did them for pbs etc-much more exciting-and Minni,you're mixing it with the stars too

Chick-another freezing 10? Going to be a big week for you I guess

Daren-if thats not a marathon training plan my name sint 2Old

Ant-you're training looks pretty tough to me

Nothing yesterday-taking heed of the advice to build slowly and recover inbetween

• KFC - well done on your excellent weekend. 

Minni - too complicated for me image

Chick - well done on another double figured run. 

I ran outside today for the first time since Oxford. did 6.1 miles and my foot only hurt on the downhill image Got my last shotgun this afternoon image  gutted as I reckon I could do with it each week! Just hope it now keeps improving but need to rest and recover without pushing it too much...

• KFC - great result....did you win any bling?

AA - just run uphill thenimage

Chick - good to get a solid 10 in the bag.

I'm starting on my VLM schedule this week - it's early but I've built in some real cut-back weeks along the way which seem to help me. Today was a TM tempo session - alternate KMs at MP and HMP, up to 7km, plus w/u and c/d making 10km total. MP felt good, although HMP felt really hard!

I've only got to run another 10 miles and I will have broken my calendar year mileage record - it's only a measly 1702 (in 2012) but it shows the progress from a solid year without any major niggles. Around 1800 will do me fine image
  • Freemers - eek VLM training starting? I was looking at mid Jan image 

AA - slowly slowly and you'll be back to full strength before you know it

kfc - well done on the 10K, annoying if it isn't full distance though image I was pondering coming along, but instead did a lovely bike ride up to Standon and back.

Daren - it does indeed look like marathon training - as luck would have it there's the Halsted marathon close to homeimage

5 miles @ 8mm for me this lunchtime. Home XC race on Sunday though which is bound to be a hilly and muddy number. Then I'm off racing till Jan.

• Ant - it's really only because I do much better if I have a schedule to follow....my running over the summer wasn't helped by not having a spreadsheet telling me to get out and do a session! Plus I make it all up anywayimage
  • Freemers - i'm with you on a program - I am a sucker for spreadsheets image I'm currently bastardising the 12 week P&D 55-70 plan, minus the recovery runs (turning them into rides/swims to keep the triathlon vibe going)

• Sounds like a good plan Ant image
  • Halstead marathon is brilliant. Go for it Daren image

Right, has anyone watched the video of the week of last week's marathon talk. I just did and nearly cried. I'm never going to complain about making a slow recovery or not being able to run like I used to. Check this video out - it´s over 5 mins but worth watching. If you are pressed for time -- watch the beginning and then fast forward.

A-ma-zing!

• Chick - Great video, so no excuses for not running now.

KFC - Nice 10k race

Daren - which marathon training plan are you followingimage?

Ant - Well done on getting Into VLM.

Sundays lsr got delayed til now. 10.45m in 1:36:24 @ 9.14 ave. pace. Felt ok for 7m, then the pace slowed, but kept going.

• Daren - halstead sounds like a great option. Well done image

Chick - an amazing video. 

• Chick - brilliant video

400s tonight. I feel sick now image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Daren - that's great news about the marathon!!!  You'll be brilliant. image lol

Yes amazing video Chick.

Asics vote for me threads have started!  I've placed my vote for the sub 3:30 runners with Malcs who was brilliant on Sarah O's thread last year.  Also he's an ex rugby player image and supports Scotland.

Will have to suss out the others.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Ant- I suspect the swims and bike sessions won't be recoveryimage

Minni- 2 good reasons to vote for him I suppose

spoons- pass the sick bag

Simon- good stuff getting that LR done

free- I make it up as I go along

8.1 miles on the TM av 7.22mm started at 12kmph and ended at 14.5kmph. That's my "fast "session of the week done ..hills next ..then LR. 

• O4S great news about run fitness course

nice 10 there Spoons

couldn't swim time trial 2old due to family commitments but will now be timed during one of my training sessions Nice 8

Good 15 there Freemers

Congratulations Col

AA Nice running there & nothing wrong with being sensible & taking it slowly.

Great XC Minni are you still taking part in the 50k this weekend?

Ran 4 miles yesterday evening which was the start of HM training although I felt that I could have ran some more image Had to miss the swimming time trial last night so I will be timed during one of my training sessions instead.image

• Ant - Congratulations on your VLM place.

Daren - Good luck with Halstead. Are you doubling up with VLM as well?image If so, you may as well sign up for Edinburgh as well... For a bit of extra "practice"!image

Minni - Smoking XC, although i'm with AA, the format sounds far too confusing for my tiny brain!image

5.2 miles @ 8.45 from me last night and the motivation is slowly coming back (if not the speed).

Will be interesting to watch everyones' progress and Spring mara schedules this year whilst i'm laid up. image

Who is doing VLM this year?

• Hello everyone. Sorry for not posting, things are a bit hectic at the moment with work and copious amounts of training...image

Ant- whoop whoop on the VLM place.image

Minni- excellent work at the xc! Hope the legs are fully recovered.

KFC- nice 10k and a proper pb definitely on the cards.

Daren- speedy tempo from you as always.

Chick- freezing fog?  Well at least it's not boiling hot! Nice 10 miler.

Free- start of the VLM schedule- how exciting. Doesn't HMP always feel tough? Good session.

((AA))- hope things start improving for you soon...

Simon- well done on the lsr and for keeping going.

2Old- speedy TM session from you. Sounds like you're back in the game?

My Seville campaign is picking up the pace nicely. 12 weeks to go.image I'm trying to concentrate on one day/ week at a time otherwise I start freaking out and hyperventilating...There's a lot of running being thrown my way at the moment even by my standards...

Milton Keynes half planned for next week so it should give me a good idea of where I'm at. At the moment I'm quietly hoping for 3.20 or sneaking just under.

• Sounds like a good plan, Bro.

Ran 6.5 miles this morning and wanted to do a hill sesh at lunchtime but it's cold, pishing down with rain and very very windy. We are apparently in for a bit of a battering tomorrow - fiercest storm since 1962 apparently image. Then snow on Friday image  here we go - winter training at its best image

I broke the 2000 mile barrier for the year on Monday image  didn't think I'd done that much running but I reckon the monster marathon mileage from Feb/Mar/Apr came in good image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Brolish - I'm sure you'll sneak under 3.20 at MK. image

VML List:

Minni

• VML List:

Minni

Brolish (for fun only unless Seville goes to shit then I might race it)

• VML List:

Minni

O4S / BA

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

VML List:

Minni
    Brolish
    O4S
    BA

• VLM List:

Minni

Brolish