RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Minni -  Every once in a while, not very often, it all feels perfect when I'm running but most of the time I think my shoulders are hunched or my hands too high.  Always good to glance sideways when running past windows to check the running form out.

Chick -  Well done for getting out "running in your winter wonderland".

Great mileage being logged especially by the ladies, only 1330  for me, but glad  I'm back running after a poor first half to the year, and I did get a mara PB.image

• Minni- yes, the link most certainly works from a pc. Lol!image

As for the mileage it would probably be higher if it wasn't for Moz putting his foot down and insisting on something called 'recovery' from time to time.image

Spoons- look ahead!image 2013 will be your year.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Sarah- you knew you'd regret not doing it. EnjoyP&D and logging lots of miles

Bro- glad Mora held you back. You don't know when to stop

Spoons- I knw what you mean....weight gain is very cruel

Barry- just shows that maybe lots of miles may not always be necessary. Is the low mileage ASICS pan right after all?

Glad I didn't get on the TM. Nice run outside ...well not nice really as my stomach was protesting after yesterday's abuse. Anyway 8 miles logged. Couldn't possibly have done anything clever like intervals or hills.

Realised I've only got until 28 th Dec to get to 2000.
  • 2old -   No, only turned my training around at the end of August by switching from F*man to 6 runs a week. With September mileage, 230, being the highest by a long way.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Barry- oh yes I remember you doing that now . Still you've banged out some good race times on that mileage
  • I will check my mileage later but I lost a couple of months at the end, but will still be interesting.

I try and think about form, as with others particularly when I'm tiring or doing slow recovery runs when there is nothing else to think about.

Did my first ever "Brick" session this morning, 30min on the turbo and then a quick change of shorts and shoes and out for a 20min run. Legs didn't feel to jelly like, nice workout.

Swim tomorrow.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    ST - are you signed up for Jantastic?
  • Bro - let's hope 2013 is the year for me. The last 18 months have been very tough. Roll on the good times image

• Just about to head out to celebrate being one of the chosen forum 6....what makes it even better is that I get minni as a mentor! Having been on the forums for just under a month, there is no one I would want more as a mentor, I've had so much good advice and guidance from her already.....I have no doubts that she will help me achieve my sub 3:30.

Now to celebrate......hopefully I won't be feeling like my mentor did on Friday, tomorrow morning!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Sarah! Find your thread on the spring marathon page!
  • OMG- Sarah you're one lucky ladyimage))) You are going to do great with Minni.

Woohoo this is going to be so much fun to follow.

Many congrats and Minni- well done for getting involvedimage
  • Sarah - congrats on getting through the forum six, you've bagged an excellent mentor image

DD - nice MP running.

Barry - it was horrendous weather this morning, a very decent YKW from you.

Daren - still a decent HADD run, hope the groin / abs / hernia is OK.... great news on the gigs image

I think the rehydration salts worked!  I woke up this morning after 9 hours on the lash yesterday with just a hint of nausea.  Had the drink before bed (I almost forgot) - managed a run this morning including a stint at YKW!  Highly recommended image

• kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭

Officially unemployed now, and I've celebrated by doing YKW this morning, having a running shoe fitting with video doo dah, swimming 2.5k, and doing core in front of strictly.  Long may this rock and roll lifestyle continue image

At YKW I ran with a friend, the last mile I was a pain in the arse trying to make her crank it up to the line, she eventually cracked 300m before the line and sprinted for 27.10 - a PB by 2 seconds (while wearing a santa hat!)

Barry - nice YKW, if you've not raced the distance for a while I always think you can bag a slightly faster time if you do it again quite soon, just through better knowledge of the course and distance.

Sarah - looks like you are going to have a great spring of running!

Minni, Carrot - looks like I'm going to be doing the Northumberland half in March (Ponteland) with a couple of friends I'm running Edinburgh marathon with.  Have you guys done it before?

• Yay, Sarah congrats on getting chosen as a forum 6 and what an awesome mentor you have image

some nice YKWs today.

• Sarah - You do realise that when Minni talks of going sub 3:30. She means getting shit faced in less than 3mins 30secs. But you'll have a great time anyway.

Kfc - Enjoy your free time, was it voluntary or forced?
  • kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭
    Simon - luckily not forced, end of a fixed term contract so all planned - been looking forward to having at least a few months off to refresh after a very busy few years for a while!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    KFC I haven't done it before but I've heard the route gas been hilly in the past. I think it's changed this year but I'd still expect undulating at best. I've already entered.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Simon - I think one of the benefits of being a mentor is that I can do the drinking while making my mentee do copious amounts of training. At least that's the it works with me and Moz!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    sarah tinsel toes osborne wrote (see)
    .....I have no doubts that she will help me achieve my sub 3:30.

Now to celebrate......hopefully I won't be feeling like my mentor did on Friday, tomorrow morning!

Sarah,  I think you'll achieve that on your own. I'm just going to sit back with the a glass of wine. image

• Minni - Yes, but with you both being on the green start at VLM, you will have to lead by example, and maybe sacrifice yourself for the greater cause (sarah)image.

Kfc - Any plans to do some epic Mtn biking with your free time, eg C2Cimage

• Hey Sarah, congratulations. Minni is an excellent mentor. She's been mine for years. image

ST - brick sessions already...image stop it!! You're scaring me...

Managed 6 miles in the soaking rain yesterday to make myself feel better... Deciding whether to do reps today or tomorrow now...image

Am I the only one who doesn't keep a record of mileage?? But having done 3 marathons this year I'm pretty sure its my best year ever. I'll just take a guess @3000 image

• Morning

Minni: A mentorimageimageimage, now where to start eh Minni?

Sarah: good luck you may need it, hope your liver is in good shape for the expected intervals of drink 3 x bottles Red off 5 minute recoveries.

AA: Dubai marathon 25/01 so 5 weeks to go, two more 23+ runs.

Doing nowt today, due a day off.

• Wow - some mega mileage being booked on this thread. Looking at my stats, I will be just over 1600, so I have got some way to go to get anywhere near some of you. My summer was a bit rubbish for running to be fair.

4 mile test run went fine yesterday. Planning on heading  out for a 10 mile run this morning before heading out to yet another Christmas party.

Spoons - what happened to your training this year? Did your 800-mile January leave you injured?

Sarah - best of luck with the Minni-mentoring, I'll bet she'll be a tough taskmasterimage

kfc - enjoy the work sabbatical

• kfc.kfc. ✭✭✭
    AA - I don't log mileage either, mines got to be under 500 this year - doubt anyone here can better that!

Minni - yep, had heard 'undulating'. Gonna get my entry in today - I'm either going to run with my friend and see if I can help her get a sub 2, or race it for Marchvellous. Think the first option is most likely and I'll race Alloa half the week after.

Simon - got some mtb trips planned, but no tours yet. Come late spring I'm quite tempted to pack up my bike, leave the house, point my wheel somewhere interesting and not come back for a while...
  • Kfc - Sounds like a great idea. Take your passport just incase you end up meeting up with O4S, and she takes you on one of her RTW tripsimage

• kfc; good luck with the sabbatical, when I was doing the Atlantic challenge we were all shooting the breeze as you do at these things when talk turned to longest bike rides. One guy piped up with my longest bike ride was 19,000 miles. Moments thought and I commented " thats around the world". Yep he replied "fastest unsupported circumnaivagtion of the globe by bike". Conversation then stopped you just can't top that in a male pissing competition. His record has long since been beaten but Steve Strange can take the honours of being the firts to be nuts enough to try  .

Who knows maybe the road will take you a long way.

• Yay, sarah! Well happy you got through the forum 6.

KFC: you've been working so hard, enjoy the well earned rest.

DD: image. Can imagine that was a bit of a conversation stopper. Whatta guy.

Enforced rest today. My 15 miler will have to happen tomorrow instead. Why? It's -1 and bucketing ... which means everything out there is now covered in about 1cm of pure ice. Yaktrax are useless on that. Some horrendous accidents happened earlier this morning. Glad I don't have to leave the house.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Its blowing a hooly here.  Did 3 miles earlier and everywhere was flooded.  Glad my 18 is tomorrow.   Feeling slightly image too.

Tomorrow I start marathon training. Yay!

• Thankyou everyone for your kind messages....my marathon training minni style started last night......had a mixtures of ros?? wine, white wine, Tia Maria and strawberry bellinis, all over several hours though and not the sub 3 min 30 secs Simon. I can see this being a tough 4 months of training!

Right now for a 7 miler!
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I'm well jel of that session.

My liver has almost packed in. I'm gonna have to have a couple of days drying out.